Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on everything I have been told, this is going to take a while.
In other words, I don't anticipate having any update for the next few days at the very least.

Player reviews ongoing. Coaching reviews I understand are to be held at the end of this week (was told Thursday but that could change). After that you'll have the grand final, and then next week is when things will accelerate.

See you next week, buckle up.

LFGGG!!!!!!
629d83d8c64b274e95743d872f79b33f.jpg

Based on everything I have been told, this is going to take a while.
In other words, I don't anticipate having any update for the next few days at the very least.

Player reviews ongoing. Coaching reviews I understand are to be held at the end of this week (was told Thursday but that could change). After that you'll have the grand final, and then next week is when things will accelerate.

See you next week, buckle up.

Frustrating, but it does give us more time to build pressure. The pressure has to stay on. We can't let them wait until the supporters are in offseason mode and then sneak through the review without telling us.

I'm not a huge fan of this taking weeks to sort out. Rip the bandaid off.

The equation has been clear for months. Finals performances are all that matters. The footy committee and the board should have had a pass mark, and that pass mark shouldn't have been met. Why do we need to wait for one of their completely useless end of season reviews to figure something out that most of the fanbase has known for more than half a decade?

I get that players need to make decisions about where they'll play next season, but as a club we need certainty around the coach in place as early as possible, and that decision governs all others.

You know they are ready to paint us as evil blah blah
Meanwhile, many of us are ready to paint the town red when/if we hear the good news of his demise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dream is we sack hinkley and next year we win the premiership. Would shut everyone up.
It won't though. They will still want to give Ken the credit.

The club that Ken rebuilt, the list that Ken built, the culture that Kne created etc. Etc.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The equation has been clear for months. Finals performances are all that matters. The footy committee and the board should have had a pass mark, and that pass mark shouldn't have been met. Why do we need to wait for one of their completely useless end of season reviews to figure something out that most of the fanbase has known for more than half a decade?

I get that players need to make decisions about where they'll play next season, but as a club we need certainty around the coach in place as early as possible, and that decision governs all others.
It makes me very nervous.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who does the coaching reviews?

Ken is very quick to point to the shared blame, but it's his gameplan, so surely he can't be leading them.

I'm really not sure. I suspect Ken is involved in some capacity, as is CD and Rob Mason the coaching development manager. But then again to my knowledge Rob wasn't even consulted by the footy committee when they extended Ken in August of last year, so who knows?

Might have an answer later in the week on who's reviewing the coaches.

I agree with you. I think this would be a lot simpler if there wasn't a payout to be sorted if they end up going down this route.

I also think they are in a position where they can take a little bit longer simply because they're going to promote from within (Carr) so it's not as if they're flipping the entire program upside down, not to mention the planning has been such that the list building for months has had Carr in mind.

Unfortunately the more time passes, the more the status quo becomes more likely :(.

Actually I think that the longer it is that a port rep doesn't front the media for fear of being asked a question on coaching, the better the prospect. If they're steadfast on Hinkley they'd come out and state it.

But, as Chewy said, nothing's going to happen for while regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back