List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee whiz. A lot going on there.

They did a trade to benefit themselves by adding a future pick and backing in that they could still get a Barrass deal done with a first and a second.

Not because of some humiliation fetish you seem to have, but because it added draft capital to their hand. Capital that will now come to us given we rejected their initial deal.

They’re not giving us less (reports about what was formally offered varied but a 1 and a 2 with nothing heading back is actually more than the initial reports).

We’re not the main characters of the universe. There’s 17 other clubs trying to do what’s best for them, not benchmarking everything against how the Eagles and the fans will react, or getting one over on us. Every club thinks their list management is crap during Trade Week.

A 1 for a 1 and a 2 is a good deal, most clubs would take that barring the fringe cases of points quirks or win now desperation, and so Hawthorn did. The Barrass deal will get done, and it’ll get done with more coming to us than was reported last week before they bailed on Pick 14.

Hawks fans will say they overpaid, Eagles fans will say they underpaid, truth will be somewhere in the middle and we’ll all move along nicely.

It truly is not that deep.

Not giving us less :tearsofjoy:

Come on Badge you're talking a load of rubbish here. They are being campaigners and have gone well beyond the pale here from start to finish and everyone knows it. And here I was thinking that the only thing we could actually agree on is that Sam Mitchell is trash and the Hawks are about 18 months out from all the wheels falling off.

Paul Roos, sums it up pretty well I thought. Posting this again despite it already being linked, because it's about the most sane thing anyone has said on the matter all trade period.

huge if true, would bolster our defense and already has good relationships with the playing squad

The meme is about DARLING ya dickhead!

Don't go ruining it by mixing it with Barrass.

Out: Tom Barrass
In: Tim Rabbass

So Eagles, in a rebuild, said no to pick 14 on its own. Hawks traded it into a seemingly less talented and more compromised draft and now are offering the results of that trade for Barrass. Did I understand it right?

I suspect Clarke was adamant that Pick 14 and a F1 pick was a necessity for Barrass and drove this point home ..So Hawks said you want A F1 pick so badly well here you go we’ll give you two F1 picks just sign the damn deal .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's really a contest of who blinks first with these trade negotiations.
Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF

Well we know which one is Monocle! ;) :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our trading history is not nearly as bad as some would make out

Looking at that at least we're not trading with Port this year

So Eagles, in a rebuild, said no to pick 14 on its own. Hawks traded it into a seemingly less talented and more compromised draft and now are offering the results of that trade for Barrass. Did I understand it right?
Some of the Journos are saying we preferred future picks. Not sure how accurate that is or why.

Especially with Duffield saying today TB manager which is also Harleys manager blew up at the Hawks for trading pick 14.

If we end up doing TB for a R1 and R2 (with nothing going back), why aren’t we looking at a F1 but hawks 33 (R2) from this year? Surely that suits our needs better in a deeper draft, being a known number not inflated the way 2025 is projected to be?
Agreed that should be what we are after

How this plays out in my mind- Richmond will have dreams about the pick 1 & 3 pairing and northern clubs (SS and GWS) will want combos of our F1s and F2s for their teens picks this year.

We walk away with minimum pick 6 and total 4 picks inside 30 this year.
With a little faith in Dons team, I sleep well in dry sheets.
To the draft, a shiny new game plan, a massive pre season, older players needing to impress new coach and an abundance of players heading into breakout age bracket we go!!!

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope so.

I wonder how people on here seem to have blind faith in Clarke (and Pyke). We have no evidence to date and in fact the inference that could be drawn is that we should be more worried than confident

We just finished day 6 of trade period and haven't folded for any stupid deals have we?

After some Hawks mouth piece mentioned it was a tad strange the clubs didnt catch up in the opening morning.

We dont have blind faith in anyone. Somewhat confident that Pyke wont get pantsed at his first trade period as CEO.

Just sit back and fingers crossed the karma bus comes along and rolls a few clubs who are being difficult.

Try doing Octsober and watching all this unfold. :drunk: :$

In the build up living in Darwin.

MEGATRADE SCENARIO :fire: :fire: :fire: :rotatinglight: :rotatinglight: :rotatinglight:

West Coast trades Darling to North for a F4, Barrass to Hawthorn for a F3, on trades the F4 to Hawthorn for Barrass and on trades the F3 to North for Darling

Who says no?
yo dawg GIF

Yo Dawg I heard you like Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back