List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
No good complaining now the trade has happened. Looking at the reasons besides the Coach and List manager connection.

Looking at it this way, West Coast have had such a bad time of injuries and having players on the list that don't lift. Don't fire when there is milestone game, play one good game then disappear.

Loosing becomes a habit perhaps bringing in some more players from outside that want to win will lift the standards and winning can become a habit again.

Let's just hope that a favorable deal can be struck for Tom B tomorrow and the late picks were given away for some reason we are not privy to.

Perhaps it's also got to do with list spots.

Outsiders view obviously but it seems to me you guys had two valuable assets to deal with this off season being pick 3 and TB with pick 3 in this draft being more valuable. Easier to see in hindsight but I think you could’ve done all your other business, baker, owned etc with TB and then put pick 3 up for auction and maybe even got 7+8. I think you may’ve played good cards in the wrong order and got a poor result.
I think we should trade #26 for exclusive rights to that Hawks jockey strip.

No good complaining now the trade has happened. Looking at the reasons besides the Coach and List manager connection.

Looking at it this way, West Coast have had such a bad time of injuries and having players on the list that don't lift. Don't fire when there is milestone game, play one good game then disappear.

Loosing becomes a habit perhaps bringing in some more players from outside that want to win will lift the standards and winning can become a habit again.

Let's just hope that a favorable deal can be struck for Tom B tomorrow and the late picks were given away for some reason we are not privy to.

Did you happen to see where Richmond finished this year....

If pyke loses the barrass trade tomorrow, then we may all get an early Xmas present - his immediate departure. That's something positive to hope for and a nice silver lining for a tough year.

For the first time ever I genuinely do not feel any type of excitement for the players we've brought in.

I feel nothing but emptiness and rage at the absolute stupidity of destroying a somewhat promising rebuild over a bloke who can't kick for sh*t and has no set position.

We've learnt nothing from the Tim Kelly trade and have made the same mistake again.

Mini and Clarke have got what they wanted, so unless there are finals in the next 2 years, their heads should and will roll along with Pykes.

Yep exactly my feeling too, so empty I think also the one thing you look forward to when your teams dog shit is the draft , which has suddenly become not exciting at all. Pick 12 and 71 , will probably drop down to pick 15 for a future 3rd and draft a former state sprinter that hasn’t played football for 3 years.

Listening to pyke on the news makes me puke, he's trying to say it will be alright after the Barrass trade. F**k him we could have got another young gun in the door. By the sounds of it Baker had something over the club. Don't they realise you will only have 2 years to rebuild then the draft will be really compromised. Thats why Richmond have gone hard and got rid of the older players.

Yeah okay, so if Freo are offering pick 11 and the Eagles pick 26, why on earth wouldn’t Richmond just go ahead and trade him to Freo? They’ve done right by him in trading to his home state and done well for their club by getting a first round pick. Just because WCE was Baker’s preferred destination doesn’t mean that Richmond would take a much worse deal to accommodate him.
So that means if another Melbourne team that TB has no interest in joining, offer 2 firsts for him, then Hawthorn are obligated to do the same? Otherwise we can just force TB to join that other team that's not offering the same contract Hawthorn are. 😂
Meme Think GIF

The trade wasn’t great value clearly and they deserve every part of bad fees back they get.

Raises the floor without doubt.

Does it raise the ceiling? Odds are against it but no one knows.

Cripps a pick the teens won a BnF in his 2nd year. Merrett a pick in the 20s and won a BnF in his 3rd year.

Danger was a pick in the teens, Butter ect ect.

Just look at the BnF winners around the comp. 6/8 teams that played final their BnF winner was outside of the top 10 and one of the 2 that were was Hogan who was traded for a pick in the 50s.

Now nail the draft picks. All we keep hearing is there is plenty of talent in it.

Also try and trade in again.

Last edited:
Oh, and another thing, on a day of big things to be pissed off about - one minor thing.

Pyke getting all school teacher with us and Duffield saying ‘I think you need to understand that we don’t get Jack Graham if we don’t get Liam Baker’.

He’s acting like we secured the best one two midfield punch on the market.
Pyke has a serious case of the Gerard Whateley's.

Surrounded by unsophisticated morons, who are incapable of coherent pushback, these types start to convince themselves that they see every angle, get to the real truth of the matter.

And then they start throwing around incoherent loan-words. Maybe you're trying to find 'alpha' in trading down 12 spots. Shaking things up, employing Agile management, expanding the pie.

But sometimes you're just rolling around in shit trying to get less on you than the other guy. It's a pretty simple game this.

So that means if another Melbourne team that TB has no interest in joining, offer 2 firsts for him, then Hawthorn are obligated to do the same? Otherwise we can just force TB to join that other team that's not offering the same contract Hawthorn are.
Meme Think GIF

you can't force a player to be traded to a club he doesn't want to go to so idk what people are on about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a hunch, given we have worked in "good faith" with Richmond, im sure the contingency was on them accepting the deal of picks 10 and 18 for Bolton, given that Freo doesn't pick the WA player?

This is the only different perspective that I can come up with to justify the shit show.

Outsiders view obviously but it seems to me you guys had two valuable assets to deal with this off season being pick 3 and TB with pick 3 in this draft being more valuable. Easier to see in hindsight but I think you could’ve done all your other business, baker, owned etc with TB and then put pick 3 up for auction and maybe even got 7+8. I think you may’ve played good cards in the wrong order and got a poor result.

If the Saints were offering 7+8 for we'd have done that. There's not a chance that was on offer

The issue was paying pick 14 for Baker, not the order we did it. Had we done Barrass first we'd have likely gotten 14 + an F2 for Barrass and an F3. 14 still wouldve gone to Baker

If Barrass gets done tomorrow for say an F1+F2, we'll have an F1+F3+12+Owies instead pick 3 if we had done them the other way around.

Did you remind him of Fremantle's early history of doing such trades and how that faired?
I can't stop thinking about how two of our primary trading partners this period, Richmond and Hawthorn, completely screwed up their rebuilds by trading in established players and out of drafts.

You could not have two more instructive examples, and at least they had the excuse of misunderstanding where they were at.

This is a club that has gone 17th, 18th, 16th. You could not possibly be confused of where we are at.

If pyke loses the barrass trade tomorrow, then we may all get an early Xmas present - his immediate departure. That's something positive to hope for and a nice silver lining for a tough year.
Is it?

We all wanted Pyke in pretty hard twelve months ago.

Some serious questions to answer here, but it isn't terminal for a 10-20 year reign.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back