Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes a lot of sense maybe just a whole white party Diddy theme with all types of celebrities

Would be very distasteful

They must have stepped way past just dressing up as them.

Blackface or something else.

If it is just dressing up as Diddy without blackface & Beiber it is fair game IMO.

We'd probably have to delist Bartel and Duncan if they dressed up as Ricky Nixon and Duthie again these days.

GWS players are today making submissions in relation to proposed AFL penalties.

Some players have been hit with hefty fines, even if they weren't involved directly with the skit. Captain Toby Greene is one of these, who has been sanctioned $20k, essentially for not showing adequate leadership in the situation.

Then approx six players who were allegedly involved in the skits have been hit with match penalties. Josh Fahey is one of these players, Isaac Cumming & James Peatling are not.

There is widespread surprise among players with the severity of penalties and they are seeking to have them reduced via their submissions.

Some players have been hit with hefty fines, even if they weren't involved directly with the skit. Captain Toby Greene is one of these, who has been sanctioned $20k, essentially for not showing adequate leadership in the situation.

Then approx six players who were allegedly involved in the skits have been hit with match penalties. Josh Fahey is one of these players, Isaac Cumming & James Peatling are not.

There is widespread surprise among players with the severity of penalties and they are seeking to have them reduced via their submissions.

Very funny that Tom Morris is now the go to reporter on player misbehavior.

Can we go to Leigh Montagna for expert comments? "Nothing in it for mine. They didn't even set fire to a dwarf".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Greene could have not been in attendance and unaware of the event and they'd fine him 20k on pure reflex

For those who want more in-depth speculation on what exactly happened during GWS's Mad Monday celebrations, there's at least 18 pages of discussion here

So if the thing i just read there is true then i suggest we put a contract to come home in front of Connor Idun and we get the Irish lads talking to Callum Brown

Toby Greene could have not been in attendance and unaware of the event and they'd fine him 20k on pure reflex

Sounds like Greene was in attendance up but left early prior to some of the antics in question - for that he shouldn't be in trouble, as surely adults have to take responsibility for their own actions

I think where the questions are over his leadership is in the theme of the event, "troubled couples" and some teammates dressed up as alleged rapists & at least one bought a blow-up dolls with them, others dressed the as the Twin Towers etc - the suggestion may be that as a leader at the club, there should have been second thoughts about the theme and the inappropriateness of some of the costumes

Sounds like Greene was in attendance up but left early prior to some of the antics in question - for that he shouldn't be in trouble, as surely adults have to take responsibility for their own actions

I think where the questions are over his leadership is in the theme of the event, "troubled couples" and some teammates dressed up as alleged rapists & at least one bought a blow-up dolls with them, others dressed the as the Twin Towers etc - the suggestion may be that as a leader at the club, there should have been second thoughts about the theme and the inappropriateness of some of the costumes
I think the costumes themselves are problematic enough though, even discounting the bf rumoured ones and just counting the ones reported by journos

I think the costumes themselves are problematic enough though, even discounting the bf rumoured ones and just counting the ones reported by journos
I think the bigger issue is that the players themselves didn’t step back and re thought their costume choices …but that’s young men for you look at Prince Harry all those years ago

Young men are dumb as **** and I was no different

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back