List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
More versatility and depth especially with TB leaving too.

Burgiel - permanently on the injury list
Witherden - self explanatory, isn't really AFL level any more
Culley - already limited player, his knee injury didn't do any favours in terms of pace and agility either

Yes yes, Ledwards and Rotham may not really be AFL level either but both have shown more glimpses than Burgiel and Culley.
Ledwards is slower and smaller than culley.

Ledwards is slower and smaller than culley.

Didn't say he wasn't, just that has shown glimpses at AFL level.

Well, theoretically Culley has too given the Rising Star nomination and all but it is clear that he isn't anywhere near the same post-ACL.

More versatility and depth especially with TB leaving too.

Burgiel - permanently on the injury list
Witherden - self explanatory, isn't really AFL level any more
Culley - already limited player, his knee injury didn't do any favours in terms of pace and agility either

Yes yes, Ledwards and Rotham may not really be AFL level either but both have shown more glimpses than Burgiel and Culley.
Have to disagree on Edwards showing more than Culley. Ledwards has played 1 good game in his whole career (that 27 touch game against tigers years ago). Maybe Mini/Clarke remember that game too lol.

Culley is just back from an ACL which before that hed kicked 4 goals, showed promise in the wafl upon return and i dont know i think he deserved at least another season. Id even prefer Burgiel over Ledwards but I at least understand as he seems to have cooked hamstrings.

Feels like Culley could go okay in the right team but we just aren't that team sadly - already too slow and tall for him to have a place that makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I’d like to see us do from here :

Delist Rotham, Witherden and Edwards

Re-sign Culley and Burgiel

Sign 1 player as a DFA - Winder, Carroll or Prior

Draft :
12 - Best mid available*
26 - Best running HB or KPD available
?? - Use a F2 or F3 to trade back into this draft to get a HB or KPD based on who was drafted with 26
73 - Champion bid match

* If there’s a slider like Travaglia or Tauru at 12 then they’d have to be considered even though neither are mids

**** me, this aged well

Only 1 of the 3 I pegged for delisting are gone.

And the 2 I wanted retained both gone

As others have said we might be waiting on a medical decision before delisting Edwards, although the club have always seemed to rate him higher than us fans so maybe they will keep him

Rotham maybe kept pending whether we sign anyone as a DFA. We are also a bit light for taller defenders- not that he’s a genuine KPD, more a 3rd tall

Culley stiff but unfortunately his lack of pace has been terminal for him - can understand why he’s gone even though I’d have preferred he was given another year

With a lack of young tall defenders coming through I can understand why Rotham has been kept on as insurance.
L Edwards had some very promising games early on, but definitely had a poor 2024.

[emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="Convocation" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Happy for Rotham to stay, overly criticised and whipping boy for many.
Offers more then depth, plays so much more within his abilities (rather then his ambitions) in recent times.

Within his abilities? It’s hard to do that when you have none especially when it comes to defending, pace or disposals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Blind Freddy could see that Cullley was not going to make it. But him being delisted ahead of Edwards and Rotham is definitely a surprise.
If anything I'm dissapointed trew didn't get a stay on, and I think he may of if it wasn't for his concussion from a soft hit.

I'm glad no one from this forum are working for the club because cully was not it.. and blind Freddy could see it.

Have to disagree on Edwards showing more than Culley. Ledwards has played 1 good game in his whole career (that 27 touch game against tigers years ago). Maybe Mini/Clarke remember that game too lol.

Culley is just back from an ACL which before that hed kicked 4 goals, showed promise in the wafl upon return and i dont know i think he deserved at least another season. Id even prefer Burgiel over Ledwards but I at least understand as he seems to have cooked hamstrings.

Fair on the first, I just think Ledwards has been more versatile and consistent at AFL level.

It's a hard call on Culley but surely you'd agree he is not the same player, nowhere near it, post injury. He's just not quick or agile enough for AFL football and I don't think another season will help.

The club might keep Luke Edwards due to his concussion issues and the fact that he will have access to their medical team. Delisting him may impact player culture.

Rotham has more speed than Witho and Culley, and has more height and availability than Burgeil. With McQualter trying to implement a run-and-gun style I would say that could be a factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back