List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Burgiel besides that glorious day when he bagged 4 undulated somewhere between half asleep and comatose. An icing on the cake player with good foot skills and vision - probably would have made more of it developing in a more winning and freely attacking side.

Do not mind the delisting at all that said - it’s great to keep your head and be composed, but he just had no urgency or fight in him whatsoever. Injury aside he spent his time waiting for the game to come to him, while watching it go past him at the same time

My view of Baker may be different, but 14 was perhaps slightly overs and 26 under. There was no real middle option so in the end no big issues. He was their VC and a very solid worker.

It didn’t have to be a straight swap though we could’ve asked for a pick back

Unless it’s a deal in our favour where we literally can’t lose (eg F2 for pick 19) we should hold ALL our future picks and use them next year at full value. Bumper WA crop next year and losing out twice on a shit trade by doubling down is just dumb.

Watch Clarke trade Hawthorn’s F1 and pick 12 for pick 10 from Richmond and tell us all what a great trade it was to move up two spots.

Anyone know why Moraes has slid a fair bit in the last year with regards to his likely draft value? Was spoken about as a possible top 5 selection then, and now seen a few with him around the 30 mark
Media are dumb and copycat each other. 90% will be touted as a bolter or slider in August even if they have dominated since March.

Anywhere top 20 for mine and would not be unhappy with our pick.

I'd be rapt to snag Tauru at 12. I don't see it happening when Richmond, St Kilda and Melbourne all have multiple picks in front of us.
Tauru and Shanahan going before pick 12 is a good outcome as it pushes Travaglia as more likely to be available at our first pick.
Prior to our trade Carlton were absolutely the biggest threat to take him. As it currently stands I think the biggest risks are St Kilda or Richmond at their 2nd consecutive picks.
If they go tall instead then Travaglia at 12 may become a reality. It's an outside hope but one I'm clinging to.

I knew there was something wrong with you Kyle. Years ago I used to play competition pool for the pot black in Gosnells and even had a crazy GF from there but i'm not sure anyone could entice me back, not even for a drive through. That and you seemingly having better inside knowledge of the Kangaroos than I can get gives me a little red flag.

Alright inside knowledge of the eagles as well ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless it’s a deal in our favour where we literally can’t lose (eg F2 for pick 19) we should hold ALL our future picks and use them next year at full value. Bumper WA crop next year and losing out twice on a shit trade by doubling down is just dumb.

Watch Clarke trade Hawthorn’s F1 and pick 12 for pick 10 from Richmond and tell us all what a great trade it was to move up two spots.
Most logical to me is our F2 for one of the Tigers Twenties picks if there’s a prospect the club really likes still available.

We have had a poor record of late using 2nd round selections but this draft could be the draft to do it. Two picks in the twenties would be an okay part of the draft.

Hynes, Moraes, Gross, Oliver, Urquhart, Davis and a number of kpd will all still be on the board most likely.

I’d hate to see us trade out the Hawks F1 for a late teen pick rather hold that for a crack at Warner or the likes of Cody Curtin next year.

Hawks F1 and our F2 for a top 10 pick this year?
Can’t see anyone being a buyer in the top 10 for futures unless it was both F1s and that a ridiculous price.

Tigers pick 11, Freo 14 is out best chance. Freo talking a big game of using 14 but I think they trade for futures.

Tigers are saying they are using picks in this draft so that’s looking unlikely. You’d hope that was part of us giving 14 for Baker is part of the deal but with Clarke unlikely

If DGB had spent the last 4 years on our list churning out the same level of performance as he has at Hawthorn posters here would be clamouring for his delisting

But because he’s been somewhere else supposedly we should look at him

I’d rather keep Rotham
Rotham has been doing the same for 8 years

Tauru and Shanahan going before pick 12 is a good outcome as it pushes Travaglia as more likely to be available at our first pick.
Prior to our trade Carlton were absolutely the biggest threat to take him. As it currently stands I think the biggest risks are St Kilda or Richmond at their 2nd consecutive picks.
If they go tall instead then Travaglia at 12 may become a reality. It's an outside hope but one I'm clinging to.
I see the four best realistic (although as you say Tobie is a pipe dream now) options at 12, 26 in combination without doubling up are:

Travaglia, Hynes
Lindsay, Oliver
Berry, Gross
Allan, Moraes

73 probably matches Champion but otherwise if it comes into a pick in the 50s a KPD such as Stumpf or Dennis should be considered.

We’ll take at least one rookie with the delisting of Culley but I’d hope Maric goes to the primary list and we take two. Hayes, Artemis and Dennis are all local boys that would be well worth giving an opportunity to if they aren’t taken in the national draft. There will be a lot of good options such is the depth of this draft.

If DGB had spent the last 4 years on our list churning out the same level of performance as he has at Hawthorn posters here would be clamouring for his delisting

But because he’s been somewhere else supposedly we should look at him

I’d rather keep Rotham

I am no major fan but Rotham…may…MAY…be seen as the kind of guy that can flourish in the right system, under a new coach.

His supposed versatility is likely his saving grace at the moment - and consider they’ve let Witherden go as a medium defender, while still working on the best positions for the likes of Hough and Ginbey I think suggests he’ll get another year at the Eagles. Unless someone out there is offering him 2 (kinda doubt that), in which case he’ll be set free.

Most logical to me is our F2 for one of the Tigers Twenties picks if there’s a prospect the club really likes still available.

We have had a poor record of late using 2nd round selections but this draft could be the draft to do it. Two picks in the twenties would be an okay part of the draft.

Hynes, Moraes, Gross, Oliver, Urquhart, Davis and a number of kpd will all still be on the board most likely.

I’d hate to see us trade out the Hawks F1 for a late teen pick rather hold that for a crack at Warner or the likes of Cody Curtin next year.
I agree. Pick 19 this year is obviously 24 which I should have clarified but yes, that’s the most logical trade to me. Essendon’s pick 28 for the Hawks F2 is another one we should target that would make sense. Be great to pick up a KPD in that part of the draft. HOF, Barrat or Mraz*.

100% hold the Hawks F1, we won’t get value for it this year.

I think there is a high chance we end up with Berry provided we don’t trade pick 12 for Brisbane’s F4.

Not my preference as you know but could well be the best available and he appeals to WCE.
Guy has incredible aerial ability for someone his size.
Here's a mark he took early this season against Bendigo:
Joe Berry.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back