Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So if the thing i just read there is true then i suggest we put a contract to come home in front of Connor Idun and we get the Irish lads talking to Callum Brown

I could probably put plenty of non PC comments but why bother …. really the only thing I really care about … is if Cadman was involved and would it make him more likely to want to move..

Probably applies to Idun and Brown as well..

Sounds like Greene was in attendance up but left early prior to some of the antics in question - for that he shouldn't be in trouble, as surely adults have to take responsibility for their own actions

I think where the questions are over his leadership is in the theme of the event, "troubled couples" and some teammates dressed up as alleged rapists & at least one bought a blow-up dolls with them, others dressed the as the Twin Towers etc - the suggestion may be that as a leader at the club, there should have been second thoughts about the theme and the inappropriateness of some of the costumes
Re: Toby leaving early, I have seen that exact behaviour close up at corporate events, but not for about the last 15 years.

It used to be common practice for senior leadership to leave functions early, simply so they could have a defence of “I was not there, so any bad behaviour was not on my watch”. That does not fly anymore, if you are in senior management, you are on the hook at a work function regardless of whether you left early. You created the environment that allowed it to occur so you have to wear the consequences.

I am not saying if this is fair or not, but it is reality.

How much has Greene handed over in fines throughout his career?
Would have to nearly be an average years salary for the ordinary person.
Nor sure of he copped a fine after rd 17 or not but with the 20k he's up the $55,600 total so still about 10k short of Australia's average income

Please don't start on median full time versus mean

Nor sure of he copped a fine after rd 17 or not but with the 20k he's up the $55,600 total so still about 10k short of Australia's average income

Please don't start on median full time versus mean

The fine was dropped to $6k

We should have lost that tag to them this year. They're following the correct strategy I think though. They'll be good enough next year that the Houston trade will be justified

To trade out of 3 drafts in a row for a small forward (Schultz) and a half back flanker (Houston), it is pretty crazy. Fair play to them if they win the flag next year but it is going to create the biggest cliff in a while. We had that core group that started playing decent footy 03-04 and parlayed into the flag teams, post that we had Selwood, Hawkins and Taylor to reload around. Pies have the basis of that with Naicos and Moore but instead of going to the draft like we did picking Duncan, Guthrie etc, they have shot all their bullets already.

To trade out of 3 drafts in a row for a small forward (Schultz) and a half back flanker (Houston), it is pretty crazy. Fair play to them if they win the flag next year but it is going to create the biggest cliff in a while. We had that core group that started playing decent footy 03-04 and parlayed into the flag teams, post that we had Selwood, Hawkins and Taylor to reload around. Pies have the basis of that with Naicos and Moore but instead of going to the draft like we did picking Duncan, Guthrie etc, they have shot all their bullets already.
Yeah but the timing of those picks coming on wouldn't be expected to add much to the now and there won't be as much to add to later. I can see the logic

Yeah but the timing of those picks coming on wouldn't be expected to add much to the now and there won't be as much to add to later. I can see the logic
If there older players can stay injury free they will be up there. But that's a big If.
As we can see by some of our older players the cliff can come quick.

What's interesting is that almost all of Collingwood's over 30s would be locked-in Best 22 for the Pies next year.

Compared to us, where we transitioned away from some of our Old Blokes - none of Tuohy, Bews, Rohan, Stanley or even Hawkins were guaranteed in our best team throughout 2024, and a couple of others like Duncan it would be argued were just clinging on.

What's interesting is that almost all of Collingwood's over 30s would be locked-in Best 22 for the Pies next year.

Compared to us, where we transitioned away from some of our Old Blokes - none of Tuohy, Bews, Rohan, Stanley or even Hawkins were guaranteed in our best team throughout 2024, and a couple of others like Duncan it would be argued were just clinging on.
We were pretty much in that boat 2 years ago though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously the draft yet to go which will affect the averages here but Collingwood looking all the bit the age outlier at this point

Screenshot_20241019_173751_Chrome.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back