Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken, Jesse Hogan (44 goals from 20 games), in his first year, has just equalled Russell Robertson (2006, 44 goals from 23 games) to sit third for most goals in a season in the last decade. He is behind only David Neitz (2006, 68 goals from 21 games) and Brad Green (2010, 55 goals from 22 games).

:footy:

Congrats to Jesse Hogan for a stellar first year with very little personal blemishes. Outstanding young player who, given the requisite opportunities from the midfield, will win multiple Coleman's.

Stuff throwing money at players from other clubs just give it all to him. That mark running back with the flight then running into open goal. :rainbow:

I remember he missed a shot near the boundary in the first half and let the f bomb go loud and clear

Last edited:
Jesse is the best thing to happen to the Melbourne footy club since Norm Smith woke up one day and said "hmmm, I think I'd like to give this coaching thing a crack"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm convinced he has anger issues. Makes hand gestures to no one and yells to himself

He is so hungry for success, I love it. Guy was steaming in the last few minutes when someone slightly stuffed a kick to him (Put too much air on it) and I saw him giving them a bake after the ball went out of bounds. Finally we've got a young group that is genuinely hungry (Compared to the bruise free days) and I love it.

Just the way he conducts himself on field - it's so hard to see him leaving clubs just for automatic success or even money. Seems like he plays the game for the game itself - I reckon the only factor that would push him would be something personal like a go-home situation, etc.

MV5BMjE2MzE2NjkzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODM1MjgyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

When he's not kicking goals (and he's normally kicking goals), his work up the field - particularly his decision making and field kicking - are super impressive for a guy his size.

If he can consistently start nailing shots from 45-50+ (at the moment his only weakness) then we pretty much have God running around in a Melbourne jumper.

Having watched as few Melbourne games as possible, is he any chance of the B&F?
It's a race between 5 this year: Vince, Hogan, Jones, McDonald and Viney.

I think Vince's ability to defend and attack from the midfield will see him home, but Jesse's a chance. I have him finishing second. Roos gave him lots of votes in the Coaches Award this year if that means anything.

Having watched as few Melbourne games as possible, is he any chance of the B&F?
Has a good year, but still significantly behind Vince, Jones, and McDonald for mine. There will come a time though, probably starting from next year, where Jess is the frontrunner every single season.

It's a race between 5 this year: Vince, Hogan, Jones, McDonald and Viney.

I think Vince's ability to defend and attack from the midfield will see him home, but Jesse's a chance. I have him finishing second. Roos gave him lots of votes in the Coaches Award this year if that means anything.
Its a race between 2. Vince and McDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back