Player Watch #13 Hugo Ralphsmith - Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm liking the idea of Hugo and Seth being our wings long term. Both cover the ground well, clean and composed with the ball and defensively sound.

I'm liking the idea of Hugo and Seth being our wings long term. Both cover the ground well, clean and composed with the ball and defensively sound.

Would think Seth is more the high half forward type. He seems classy, he should be closer to goal and delivering inside 50 when he gets to his best. Seth, MRJ and Mansell should work well together. Then we have Lefau and Bolton, just need to find Lynch's replacement and we would have a modern day quick forward line. Maybe the forwardline isn't as tragic as it seems. Would love one of Cumberland or Ryan to make it, but I can't see it.

On Hugo, he was always destined to be a wingman, I was comparing him to Langdon from the start. No reason he cant get to that level. Langdon was never a great user/decision maker but became so good at his role, hes always in so much space so he doesn't need to be as good. Hugo is starting to find a lot more space. Hes already an AFL standard winger, if he can keep improving his marking and kicking a little bit more he will be excellent.

Would think Seth is more the high half forward type. He seems classy, he should be closer to goal and delivering inside 50 when he gets to his best. Seth, MRJ and Mansell should work well together. Then we have Lefau and Bolton, just need to find Lynch's replacement and we would have a modern day quick forward line. Maybe the forwardline isn't as tragic as it seems. Would love one of Cumberland or Ryan to make it, but I can't see it.

On Hugo, he was always destined to be a wingman, I was comparing him to Langdon from the start. No reason he cant get to that level. Langdon was never a great user/decision maker but became so good at his role, hes always in so much space so he doesn't need to be as good. Hugo is starting to find a lot more space. Hes already an AFL standard winger, if he can keep improving his marking and kicking a little bit more he will be excellent.
I think Campbell is a midfielder in waiting. He never loses his feet, can run all day, has great balance and evasiveness, is quick and very good skills. Has all the attributes but for cracking in and getting the football. He can learn that when he gets a bit bigger, and probably did it at junior levels. I think a Treloar type. Would like to see Mansell up on the wing however, I think he would relish the physical side of playing more football up the ground and in the action.

I got used to grimacing any time I saw Ralphy anywhere in the vicinity of the ball. How awesome is his recent turnaround. He looks composed and sure of himself now. Such a great turnaround. Hoping his recent great form is the new norm we can expect from him. Looked like a bust this time last year. Could potentially fill a role and play 200 games if he keeps it up. Would be odds on to win most improved award/ either him or Miller?

Hugo becoming a weapon.

Great to see him flying for marks, breaking lines and kicking snags lately.
Nice change from watching Kmac waving his arms around corralling oppo haha

Kmac has been a gun for a long time. I remember Craig McRae saying he was his most coachable player. Nonetheless, great to see HRS stepping up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of our most damaging players. Glad they are playing him in a natural position where his elite traits can translate and shone on field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Hugo Ralphsmith - Signed Until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back