List Mgmt. 2007 trade week discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bullies would be pretty stupid if they picked up Callan AND Gardiner and and coughed up they're first pick, that's Richmond stupid.

The concept is one I totally agree with,and you were going well until Trade 3. Both Gardiner and Callen are worth no more than a second round pick at the very best.

Very optimistic to say that a guy who struggled to get a game all year would be worth a first round pick..... quality over quantity remember! Prismall is worth a first round pick (mid to late) and trading him and Blake together would be setting a ridiculous precedent on our trading ways. Prismall must be kept in my eyes, he is a definate player. If we do trade him, then look for a pick within the 10 to 20 range. He is a star of the future.

Blake is not one I would want to trade either. 22 and with a decent future, his skills are average but he improved out of sight and was unlucky not to be a premiership player. Kingy would be worth shopping around to see if we can get among a three way deal. Tenace and Callan have value, Tenace moreso than Callan as he is quick and worth taking a punt on. Tenace is still worth keeping though. Much better wingman than Shannon Byrnes.

Very optimistic to say that a guy who struggled to get a game all year would be worth a first round pick..... quality over quantity remember! Prismall is worth a first round pick (mid to late) and trading him and Blake together would be setting a ridiculous precedent on our trading ways. Prismall must be kept in my eyes, he is a definate player. If we do trade him, then look for a pick within the 10 to 20 range. He is a star of the future.

Blake is not one I would want to trade either. 22 and with a decent future, his skills are average but he improved out of sight and was unlucky not to be a premiership player. Kingy would be worth shopping around to see if we can get among a three way deal. Tenace and Callan have value, Tenace moreso than Callan as he is quick and worth taking a punt on. Tenace is still worth keeping though. Much better wingman than Shannon Byrnes.

Leg_Spinning_Sensation
BigFooty Member
Club: Collingwood

What's this we business?

Good effort BBC.
Single figure picks have almost become sacred. Its all about hope and if the Dogs give up P5 for Gardiner P28 & P34 , Id say they were hopeless.
Actually if we gave up Prismall and Blake for P14 I'd say we were hopeless.

Not a bad Trade, A guy who is surplus to our best midfield and a ruckman who cannot do anything bar jump and tap the ball...

This will clarify the situation with regards to the rookies:

Liam Bedford - Selected by Geelong with the 23rd pick in 2006 rookie draft. Can and should be retained as a rookie for another year.

Jason Davenport - Selected by Geelong with the 38th pick in 2006 rookie draft. Can and should be retained as a rookie for another year.

Todd Grima - Selected by Geelong with the 12th pick in 2005 rookie draft. Can only be retained if elevated to the senior list. He is class and can play either forward/back and should be elevated.

Tom Lonergan - Selected by Geelong with 50th pick in 2006 rookie draft. As a top-age rookie, can only be retained if elevated to the senior list. Should be elevated.

Joel Reynolds - Selected by Geelong with 7th pick in 2006 rookie draft. As a top-age rookie, can only be retained if elevated to the senior list. Should be delisted.

I know most people will say that Davenport should also be elevated, but by retaining him as a rookie for another year, we can elevate Grima.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will clarify the situation with regards to the rookies:

Liam Bedford - Selected by Geelong with the 23rd pick in 2006 rookie draft. Can and should be retained as a rookie for another year.

Jason Davenport - Selected by Geelong with the 38th pick in 2006 rookie draft. Can and should be retained as a rookie for another year.

Todd Grima - Selected by Geelong with the 12th pick in 2005 rookie draft. Can only be retained if elevated to the senior list. He is class and can play either forward/back and should be elevated.

Tom Lonergan - Selected by Geelong with 50th pick in 2006 rookie draft. As a top-age rookie, can only be retained if elevated to the senior list. Should be elevated.

Joel Reynolds - Selected by Geelong with 7th pick in 2006 rookie draft. As a top-age rookie, can only be retained if elevated to the senior list. Should be delisted.

I know most people will say that Davenport should also be elevated, but by retaining him as a rookie for another year, we can elevate Grima.

Can't argue with any of that really. Grima must be touch and go.

But by not elevating him he can't play in the senior team without a long term injury. If he's a better prospect than Grima (which I believe he is), that's silly.

I don't agree, Davenport would not be a walk up start into the 22, get Grima and Lonners onto the list this year, and Davenport next year.

Wow.

I'm very glad some of you lot have absolutely ZERO influence on the trading, delisting and recruiting decisions our club has to make. Some of the ideas here are just unbelievable. Its almost as if you're TRYING to send us tumbling from our perch as quickly as possible.

Varcoe is only 19. N Ablett is only 21 and did not play elite junior footy. They're both learning to play the game at the top level, and we've already invested a lot in that, and they're both ten times better than they were when they first walked in to the club. So why get rid of them now?? Even after hearing it for years I still can't believe that some people expect a player to be as good as a teenager as he will be at 24 or 25.

We need AT LEAST 4 ruckmen. Does nobody remember 2004 and 2005 - come on, its not that long ago - when we had to play Mooney in the ruck because we had a shortage of decent big blokes. West is not ready for a full season in the AFL, so if we trade Blake and then King goes down with an injury, what happens then?

Plenty of other examples, I just can't be bothered listing them all.

I think he can because King and Milburn will be on the Veterans list.
Someone correct me if Im wrong
Whoever did the assessment of the Rookie list above:thumbsu: Agree wholeheartedly

King is not old enough. He's only 28 at the moment.

I think Harley is though, so it could be Harley and Milburn as veterans. And with two veterans next year instead of one we no longer have the right to name a nominated rookie, which is the only other way to play a rookie listed player.

If davenport was kept on the rookie list can he be the 'nominated' rookie so he can play seniors if good enough?
Not sure how this totally works anyone know. Not sure if there has to be a long term injury?

King is not old enough. He's only 28 at the moment.

I think Harley is though, so it could be Harley and Milburn as veterans. And with two veterans next year instead of one we no longer have the right to name a nominated rookie, which is the only other way to play a rookie listed player.
You dont have to be over 30 it is also if you have given 10+ years service.... im pretty sure,

If davenport was kept on the rookie list can he be the 'nominated' rookie so he can play seniors if good enough?
Not sure how this totally works anyone know. Not sure if there has to be a long term injury?

I'm pretty sure we only get a nominated rookie as compensation for only having one veteran. So if we have two veterans next year, no nominated rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2007 trade week discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back