List Mgmt. 2007 trade week discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Travis Johnstone

Prismall (if he wants to leave, which has been rumoured) or Tenace?

No and no.
Prismall is similar to players we already have in McLean and Jones (Plus those two > Prismall) and Tenace has pace but average disposal and we have enough poor users of the ball in our team.
I would say your 1st round pick would suffice.

No and no.
Prismall is similar to players we already have in McLean and Jones (Plus those two > Prismall) and Tenace has pace but average disposal and we have enough poor users of the ball in our team.
I would say your 1st round pick would suffice.

We have pick 17 I think, I'd consider it

If Prismall wants out, then him for Johnstone works.

If Pris dosn't, then we won't look at Trav

If Prismall wants out, then him for Johnstone works.

If Pris dosn't, then we won't look at Trav
Apart from the fact that Johnstone is over the hill and Prismall is the future.

Apart from the fact that Johnstone is over the hill and Prismall is the future.

I agree, Geelongs squad is at its peak now, we have many players with over 100 games experience, they just won a premiership, unless one of our top players goes then we don't really need a well hardened midfielder.

Now is the time for Geelong to look at the future, don't wait until we need a cleanout ala Hawthorn, now it is up to the recruitment staff to shine.

Personally, I hope we don't go near Travis Johnstone. It would be a wasted trade for someone like Prismall. Prismall has youth on his side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you being serious ? :confused:
He would struggle to get a regular game in our VFL side.

Are you being serious?

Johnstone is a far superior player to whatever Prismall will become. I'll admit his inconsistency, but if he played in a side like Geelong that has a fantastic midfield he'd dominate, a la Headland at Brisbane.

I would trade for him for sure! Tenace in a hearbeat, but not Prismall, and I would give pick 17. The Geelong window, whilst Scarlo/Harley/Milburn have another prime 2-4 years would suit our team fantastically.

Yes, he had a bad year, but up and running, he would compliment us greatly. TJ in form, in a tough classy team would not dissappoint us!

He's a good player who had a bad year and could probably bring a bit more to the team than say Kelly or Byrnes. but he also foes against what we have built this side around in hard work and being hard at the contest... not worth touching.

Are you serious with that comment?

Very

The guy is a bong head.His disposal makes David Clarke Jr look good and he goes AWOL way too often for a supposedly decent player.

F***,even Shannon Byrnes is better value to a team [yep,I really said that].

With the current leadership group in place it would be doubtful he would last the pre-season.Not the type of player the club would be looking at.:thumbsdown:

Very

The guy is a bong head.His disposal makes David Clarke Jr look good and he goes AWOL way too often for a supposedly decent player.

F***,even Shannon Byrnes is better value to a team [yep,I really said that].

See, that's where this post lost all credibility. Johnstone has very classy disposal a lot of the time, and has good vision. Byrnes doesn't hit targets, doesn't kick goals and has no vision, please tell me how that is better value.

I'll admit his inconsistency, but if he played in a side like Geelong that has a fantastic midfield he'd dominate, a la Headland at Brisbane.

Agreed.

With a midfield like Geelongs TJ wouldn't get tagged and would be free to roam wild and could potentially destroy teams and if they then moved the tag onto TJ then that would free up one of the other Geelong midfielders who can then move onto to dominate.

Agreed.

With a midfield like Geelongs TJ wouldn't get tagged and would be free to roam wild and could potentially destroy teams and if they then moved the tag onto TJ then that would free up one of the other Geelong midfielders who can then move onto to dominate.

That's it. He would become the fourth or fifth best midfielder and wouldnt be tagged. Would free him up a lot

he has social issues as well, and given the current leadership would not fit in, great player but would upset team dynamics

no point comparing him to byrnes, as byrnes is a bit player, who was lucky to play in a gf, big lesson for varcoe - because it was his

as for blake he should be shopped around now, for a 1st round pick, and we should get woods from brisbie for the same pick

his form was poor in the last 5 games, everytime ottens was off we lost momentum, so if he wants to sook, he can but he played poorly

as for blake he should be shopped around now, for a 1st round pick, and we should get woods from brisbie for the same pick

his form was poor in the last 5 games, everytime ottens was off we lost momentum, so if he wants to sook, he can but he played poorly

Give the kid a break, he's only started his AFL career give the man some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2007 trade week discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back