2009 Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he's been discussed here already, but the search function isn't, erm, functioning for me at the moment, so I'll ask instead- Ryan Griffen? Could be a handy 4th or 5th mid? The folks over at the Bulldogs forum seem to think he's ready for something special this year, but aside from being able to run a lot, he doesn't tend to do much with the ball when he gets it.

Chris Knights anyone???

averaged 91 2 years ago and 84 last year, so you could quite easily see him getting back to 90 if not 95ish.

He's at the right age to take the next step and has shown he's capable of big scores, especially if the Adelaide older brigade starts to slow down.

One for me, his stats just keep jumping out at me - Jordan Lewis?

Was a gun for me in both in either 2006 or 2007 (can't remember) puts up great stats, disposals, marks, tackles.

However, I believe he's having a delayed start to the season due to off-season surgery and won't even be playing round one??

On top of the fact that his temper is really a turn off for me, loses the plot too easily

what about Leuenberger, is he going to play round one?
very cheap

Will be a pretty good pick especially considering the injury cloud over Charman. Should get plenty of ruck work early.

I would much prefer to spend extra on a ruck that will be guaranteed to play every game barring injury, score high and be consistent. I have always been a fan of getting 2 great rucks and not touching them all year. I've gone with Cox and Hille.

People's thoughts on Rischitelli? Seems to be fairly cheap but he has been that price for a few seasons which means lack of real development.

Until they realise he is still 5th on the depth chart for a spot in the midfield.

He's an absolute freak, but there are more dominant options at the same price.

From memory players like Sewell and Ball are around his price.

Is anybody thinking about picking up David Johnson with Josh Hunt possibly being out for an extended period? Could be an incredible cash cow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I am no Geelong expert by any means but I watch them play a lot and Johnson seems like the closest alternative for Hunt in the backline, and you can't deny he'll make some cash playing in the possession heavy Geelong side.

I'll wait until the team selection, but I think signs look good right now.

To any Geelong supporter.

Will Johnson be likely to come in full time now that Hunt is gone. Or is someone like Hogan more likely to keep his spot. Didn't want to ask on your board

Thanks in advance

Dont know about Gia, for that amount of cash i would want him to average 100+ i just dont think he will.

What about Chris Yarren????

I think this bloke may have triped off the face of the earth when he roled his ankle Nab cup rd1.

Has anyone heard anything about him?

I know Fan Footy still has him in the blues starting 18 in the fwd pocket....is this still a realistic chance?

Considering Yarrens build up to the season you'd be a brave man to take him. Hentchell, walker, brown, gumby, skippy, ziebell, and thompson if he's elevated are all in the forwards. There are enough options that will make you money. We'll know if he's picked before lockout anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back