2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Ceglar and Faulks - did we snooze and lose?

Ceglar would've been a 4th backup ruck to replace Sam. Faulks would have replaced Thornton and played against Levi during the Bullants' finals.

Looks as though the deal with Adelaide will be 14 and 33 for 18 and Jacobs.

My initial reaction is meh so i suppose that means both sides got shafted/can be happy.

Could be worse...give Hughes a better crack at the elite and start stockpiling mid ranged talent. We've traded away oour second round picks for a few years now so probably good to get a few more bodies in.

Realistically, Jacobs wasn't worth 14 on the open market and 33 wasn't enough.

Yes, we would love to keep Walker. We will get a very good deal for him. You Crows supporters have no idea how trade week works and it's become pretty clear that your list managers don't either.

Yeah Carlton are the masters... You seem to be cleaning up so far... And 20% of your squad want out and you cant even arrange a trade... Jacobs will be a nice pick up in the PSD:thumbsu:

Yeah Carlton are the masters... You seem to be cleaning up so far... And 20% of your squad want out and you cant even arrange a trade... Jacobs will be a nice pick up in the PSD:thumbsu:

Fewer things more pathetic on here than some sad wannabe who doesn't believe a word it's writing. Next...

General you should really stay off Bigfooty during Trade Week. One Angry Fossil.
Maybe you can re-tweet my post as your own info.

What's "angry" about being rational in regards to trading?

Sin City thinks we're going to walk away with a pot of gold with one full day and a few hours of official trading left.

Fevola was contracted last year.

Brisbane had to pay up after Rischitelli said no to moving to Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hillbilly_motivational_pics.jpg

if we trade jacobs for a 1st rounder I'd be satisfied. Would be great to get an extra first rounder or 2, that's how to build quality depth, a dynasty and a premiership. Not average top ups. As I've said. 1 good player is miles better than 2 or 3 average ones.

Right.

Do we have a magic wand made from the horn of a Unicorn to get a better deal?

Wake up FFS!
Garbage post.

We have Swann and Icke who are the best in the business and I believe they'll be looking for a better offer and they are good enough to get it off these amateurs.

Dear Freddy Bassett,
Looks like you are accustomed to taking lollies from small children, and having other people clean up your sh!t for you. How about you go to the corner of the yard and lick your own balls!

Dear Freddy Bassett,
Looks like you are accustomed to taking lollies from small children, and having other people clean up your sh!t for you. How about you go to the corner of the yard and lick your own balls!

It's a fair suggestion.

Maybe you can re-tweet my post as your own info.

What's "angry" about being rational in regards to trading?

Sin City thinks we're going to walk away with a pot of gold with one full day and a few hours of official trading left.

Fevola was contracted last year.

Brisbane had to pay up after Rischitelli said no to moving to Melbourne.

You are tedious.

Day 3 Wrap:

The trades continue between other clubs, but nothing really of note that would surprise anybody. There is some other stuff on the horizon though that does have impact on our potential deals.

The following summary is a collation of press reports, solid rumours and info from my sources.

I have deleted those traded and updated the list of the players inquired about, from what clubs and rated the reactions on a temp scale - Cold, Cool, Warm or Hot.

Inquiries.....Inquiries......Temperature
.About..........From.............Scale

Browne...........Freo..............Cold

Grigg............Tigers............Hot

Jacobs..........Crows..............Hot
...................Saints.............Cool
...................Cats..............Warm
..................Power.............Warm

Setanta........Demons..........Warm
..................Dogs...............Warm
.................Swans...............Warm

Thornton......Hawks.............Warm

Walker..........Dogs..............Cool
..................Crows..............Cool
................Bombers............Warm
.................Eagles...............Cold
..................Port...................Hot

I have set out the players that we inquired about, from what clubs and rated our chances on a temp scale - Cold, Cool, Warm or Hot.

Inquiries.....Inquiries......Temperature
...About..........Club.............Scale

Sherman........Lions..............Cool

Brown...........Eagles.............Cold

Talia.............Crows.............Hot

McKinley........Eagles............Warm

Warnock.......Demons...........Cool

Tarrant..........Freo...............Cold

McPharlin.......Freo...............Cold

Clark.............Lions.............Hot

Barlow.........Swans.............Cold

Bevan..........Swans............Warm

Gamble..........Cats..............Warm

Spangher......Eagles............Warm

Motlop..........Port...............Cold

You might notice a number of temperature amendments above. The reason behind this is a slight shift in focus to dealing with clubs that we can get trades done as opposed to dealing with clubs that are happy to play Mexican standoffs.

I am aware that there are some doubting our ability to get a positive outcome for us, but there is still plenty of time to achieve what Swicky (great description of our team) has set out to do.

Summary: It appears that 1AW to Port has big legs, either for their first rounder or a player. They have a few we could do with. It seems that we are into Clark in a big way. The Crows might cave on our demands for a quality tall in the Sauce trade. We would love that to be Talia. We should do a deal on Grigga before the Tigers give away their better pick for Houli, however they might get Thursfield out today to WA, which gives them another pick. There has been whispers that we just might cop a Morton or Jackson type instead. Santy for Bevan keeps coming up. Rumoured Hale to the Hawks should help us too, as it takes another big fella out of play for those wanting Rucks and KPP’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back