2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard this also, apparently we are the third party in the Tarrant deal. Tarrant to Coll, John Anthony to Carlton and not sure what we give Freo.
Grigg and 4th round pick coz we can :thumbsu:

Nah i hadnt heard the three way part of the rumour just anthony looked like he is headed out way. he can actually kick so i wouldnt mind it.

Just got told by a completely different source (long time tiger lover), that the Ferals are gunna offer up Morton. Not solid source though. Might be better than pick 599 from them or nothing in the PSD.

Is there really a chance of this?

I'm becoming highly cynical of most of the trade rumours I am hearing, chiefly because we haven't even been able to offload our garbage, let alone get a swap deal done.

I would definitely be happy with this. I reckon Morton has a bit of talent, and coming into the 4th highest scoring team in the league will only make him look better.

Also, not quite sure why everyone is so against Anthony. Was a gun two years ago, and would definitely start in our forward line. Also, read that he was playing CHB for their ressies side. Chris Tarrant Mk 2 anyone?

Just got told by a completely different source (long time tiger lover), that the Ferals are gunna offer up Morton. Not solid source though. Might be better than pick 599 from them or nothing in the PSD.

I'd be more than happy with Morton! Wish they'd get it done now before Richmond change their mind!

Also, not quite sure why everyone is so against Anthony. Was a gun two years ago, and would definitely start in our forward line. Also, read that he was playing CHB for their ressies side. Chris Tarrant Mk 2 anyone?

Hardly a gun! Yes he can kick straight. Only problem is now there is no room in the AFL for 1-dimensional players. You have to be able to provide defensive pressure/chase/tackle as well. Why do you think he's not in the Collingwood Fwd line?

Why? Anthony kicked 50 goals in 09, is 192cm and only 22 years old. He is also a fantastic set shot as goal. Gamble has done zero.
this i think it would eb a good get for our team
he is not in the collingwood team same reason he is being traded... out of favour think thornton.

Hardly a gun! Yes he can kick straight. Only problem is now there is no room in the AFL for 1-dimensional players. You have to be able to provide defensive pressure/chase/tackle as well. Why do you think he's not in the Collingwood Fwd line?

Cloke, Dawes probably taking the spot he filled in 09 ?

If we get Anthony AND Morton, we suddenly become a lot bigger, more flexible team. Morton plays way bigger than 186, and Anthony could be a wildcard.

I am keen to see Waitey on the half back line or on the wing. I know he isn't quite strong enough to be a out and out CHB (although, if he could easily change his body shape to get that extra strength), his athleticsm and freakish ability was really useful in the back half. Also, he eleventy billion times better at CHB that Bower.

both total duds though...

sadly total duds with premiership medals

Nah mate, Cloke is vastly underrated. If he could kick, he'd be an out and out superstar. I know we love hating on the pies, and especially anyone from the Cloke family, but he is a very good CHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get Anthony AND Morton, we suddenly become a lot bigger, more flexible team. Morton plays way bigger than 186, and Anthony could be a wildcard.

I am keen to see Waitey on the half back line or on the wing. I know he isn't quite strong enough to be a out and out CHB (although, if he could easily change his body shape to get that extra strength), his athleticsm and freakish ability was really useful in the back half. Also, he eleventy billion times better at CHB that Bower.
im starting to like you.
i also agree waite should be CHB not FF it is a waste of his ball reading and athleticism although i do understand it was him nothing this season.

Getting Morton and Anthony looks to address our forwardline depth, (how successfully would remain to be seen), but then we should really look at our defenders with urgency.

I have a feeling with G.Brown signing on as an assistant coach that Anthony might somehow end up at Carl in a 3 way swap, as Anthony played a fair bit of VFL this year and would have been fairly involved with Brown

Getting Morton and Anthony looks to address our forwardline depth, (how successfully would remain to be seen), but then we should really look at our defenders with urgency.

Agreed, though KPD depth of Waite, Jammo, Bower, Austin (if ever), then Dare isn't too bad. Would like to see one more.

I'd also continue what the pies started with Anthony, and see how he goes playing in the backline for the pre-season. We know with delivery, he is a 50 goal forward. See if that will improve is tank and work ethic.

With the rule changes rather than take up an interchange spot with a ruckman why not leave one at FF Kruez and knockers have both shown after some more time down there they can do it.
this would leave all 3 interchange for mid field rotation.

Jacobs isnt very good up forward and even hammer shown he can do it at times.

This would also free up waite for CHb filling a big hole in the back line.

i hope the crows cave with either talia or 14 so we can get another defender for the back but even if we dont with just anthony and morton + rule change the holes no longer seem so big.

forgot to mention changes to coaching panel will help heaps aswell. (hopeful finally fix our kicking in

Yes, Sauce is worth more than pick 33, but the problem is we have basically zero bargaining power as he is uncontracted, and can just walk into the preseason draft and get picked up by the Crows anyway

We need to try everything we can to at least get a fringe player as well as pick 33, as they have clearly stated pick 14 will not be on the table

We would be so dumb to just lose him to the preseason draft and get bugger all for him

If he goes into the PSD we can just upgrade another rookie in the spare spot. We do have some good one's we could and would like to upgrade. We're ucky there. Crows will miss out more than we will.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Trading and Draft Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back