List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a case to be made to swap out Maister for an el-cheapo tall-forward from the state leagues, the 195cm+ kinda forward. Maister is there for depth and structure, and I think we can do better for that purpose. We wouldn't be expecting whoever it is (say Featherstone, as adambrown suggested) to be a world-beater, just depth. Most of the time, Wright/Durdin, etc would be the go-to, but if they get injured or need further conditioning, having the cheap forward to back up would be handy. I don't think we serve any purpose by maintaining Maister at this point.

I think there's a case to be made to swap out Maister for an el-cheapo tall-forward from the state leagues, the 195cm+ kinda forward. Maister is there for depth and structure, and I think we can do better for that purpose. We wouldn't be expecting whoever it is (say Featherstone, as adambrown suggested) to be a world-beater, just depth. Most of the time, Wright/Durdin, etc would be the go-to, but if they get injured or need further conditioning, having the cheap forward to back up would be handy. I don't think we serve any purpose by maintaining Maister at this point.

Agreed. I'd be happy with us picking up the best state league key forward under 24. Have him there for depth, he may even turn into q quality player.

Agreed. I'd be happy with us picking up the best state league key forward under 24. Have him there for depth, he may even turn into q quality player.

Saying that, it may be hard to find room on our list for them. Maister will be delisted anyway in my opinion and all of Eli, Weller and Shenton are pushing for a spot on the main list.

Sam "Tyler" Durdin

Tyler_Durden_2.jpg

Can he fight? :D

Yep thats the bloke, played every game this season so far i think so hopefully for his sake he's over the injuries. Beat Grant convincingly and did well on Ayce Cordy, Redpath and Cambell all Doggies listed players when he was on them at different stages of the game. His attack on the ball and contest was great considering the injuries he's had
198cm, 102kg, will be 21 in a month. Was taken by Colllingfilth as a NSW scholarship kid (so they must have seen something in him) but just crippled by shoulder injuries. Maybe not a bad backup to have, as when Fish retires, we're going to be left with only Bruce and Delaney and the undersized or underweight Gwilt, Simpkin, Dempster or Roberton to play tall back.

Might be nice insurance, but insurance only.

Maybe we send a message to Gil.. Since he is a saints supporter he should help us with a priority pick to get the 2-3 key forwards we need that it would take to replace Riewoldt. :p

198cm, 102kg, will be 21 in a month. Was taken by Colllingfilth as a NSW scholarship kid (so they must have seen something in him) but just crippled by shoulder injuries. Maybe not a bad backup to have, as when Fish retires, we're going to be left with only Bruce and Delaney and the undersized or underweight Gwilt, Simpkin, Dempster or Roberton to play tall back.

Posted our teams in positions the other day and noted our lack of key defenders, we need to get 1 or 2 over the off season because if JB/LD go down we're screwed and back to 2012 and 2013.

Not sure who though someone cheap, find a Jack Frost in the state leagues somewhere.

Last edited:

I remember we went and found a NSW rookie only for Collingwood to usurp us about 5 years ago. Could have been him? Some irony if he came our way.

Speaking of Scholarship holders i just remembered (found an article actually) that we signed Ted Widmer and had Kane Murphy, Josh Duncan along with Jackson Ferguson.

Were Ted, Kane and Josh just not good enough? i don't recall us drafting them.

Widmer when we signed him was 191cm/80kg - 17 years old in 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd offer at max, probably our 1st and 2nd picks and Armo, for Cameron.

I'd say last years crop of draftees should be untouchable.

Cameron is a generational player. If he gets an injury free run we are looking at a player that may go down as one of the all time greats.
Put it this way, if someone offered a 1st, 2nd and Armo for a 21 year old Reiwoldt I would tell them to shove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back