List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
$6m over 6 years only if it's front loaded heavily (i.e. $4m in first 2 years), but I would definitely trade 3 and Steven for Cameron if it came to it. He's exactly what we need post Riewoldt.

I doubt St Kilda would be Cameron's choice. He'd be getting a huge chunk of $ regardless of club; it gets to a point where the happiness between $1.15m per year and $1.22m per year means less than the happiness of a group you enjoy working with and/or one you have a chance to win with.

However if we were in with a chance... would anyone offer Roo in the deal?

Maybe something like Gwilt, Riewoldt, 1st round and 3rd round - IMO it's still paying unders but would bolster them at the front and back immediately.

$6m over 6 years only if it's front loaded heavily (i.e. $4m in first 2 years), but I would definitely trade 3 and Steven for Cameron if it came to it. He's exactly what we need post Riewoldt.
We're paying huge overs there i reckon (ie: the trade, not the money), give me...

Steven, pick #3, pick #21 for Cameron & Shiel :cool:

Nathan Fyfe, Dylan Shiel, Tom Mitchell, Jeremy Cameron, Patty Dangerfield, Luke Parker... We are going to be amazing next year.. 2015 Premiers!!! :)

We're paying huge overs there i reckon (ie: the trade, not the money), give me...

Steven, pick #3, pick #21 for Cameron & Shiel :cool:
Probably replace Shiel with someone like O'Rourke or Jaksch for that to work, but it would fast track our rebuild for sure. 1 future Coleman medallist and a solid midfielder, please and thank you.
We can dream can't we?

I think, based on previous strategy and explicit planning reports from the club, Pelch will be reading all this with a big smile on his face: "That's awesome, watch as the other clubs get into a frenzy and one of them overpays, big time." We will not pay more than about half a million for any player. If we didn't do it for Goddard two years ago, we're not doing it for Cameron. Our policy is a balanced financial list. I want to see a club pay $10 million over 8 years or something stupid, and be ruing it for 7 of those 8.

I think, based on previous strategy and explicit planning reports from the club, Pelch will be reading all this with a big smile on his face: "That's awesome, watch as the other clubs get into a frenzy and one of them overpays, big time." We will not pay more than about half a million for any player. If we didn't do it for Goddard two years ago, we're not doing it for Cameron. Our policy is a balanced financial list. I want to see a club pay $10 million over 8 years or something stupid, and be ruing it for 7 of those 8.

While it'll be pretty awesome to get Cameron, I'm just as happy for us to push up the cost of trading for him and the price of his contract just so the club that does get him becomes less competitive overall for the long term.

I don't see a massive issue in heavily front loading Cameron on a 5-6 year contract that sees the final 4 years at a rate that is at the desired ceiling. The first few years at 1.5m+ or whatever can act like a signing bonus.

There's no doubt that the opportunity to add a once in a generation like player is too good to pass up.

a huge trading frenzy around Cameron is just what we want IMO.

If he leaves...we are a chance to secure him (along with about 6 other clubs, mind you)
If he stays, it will be on a huge new contract...hopefully other skittles will start to fall.

Personally, i believe GWS will offer him a Franchise-player deal (say $6mil over 5 years) and he'll stay.

The longer his contract takes, the better it is to secure one of the raft of un-contracted GWS players available at the end of 2015

Reading that article left me with the disgusting image in my head of Cameron wearing a Collingwood jumper, shaking Eddie's hand... I really hope he doesn't end up at any of the big clubs.

I'm probably alone on this, but if he makes up his mind this year that he's leaving, I wouldn't be against giving a bit more and getting him this trade period, rather than 2015. That extra year's experience under Riewoldt would have to be close to priceless.

I don't see him leaving, though. This might just be a message to GWS to get their priorities straight and to start playing their best forward as a forward again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree, PS. We didn't pay Goddard big money because we knew that we had to rebuild for a crack at a flag in 6+ years time. Keeping Goddard for overs would have jeopardised the current position we're in now, where we have a heap of salary cap space for FAs or big names, like Cameron. We've set it up perfectly to be big players in the upcoming off-seasons, and you can't get quality through the door without paying big money.

I disagree, PS. We didn't pay Goddard big money because we knew that we had to rebuild for a crack at a flag in 6+ years time. Keeping Goddard for overs would have jeopardised the current position we're in now, where we have a heap of salary cap space for FAs or big names, like Cameron. We've set it up perfectly to be big players in the upcoming off-seasons, and you can't get quality through the door without paying big money.
Cameron hasn't fired a shot this year, he's worth no more than 4 years and an incentive driven $2.4-$3 million, and IMHO there's no way he stays at GWS, why would you? Shit hole, shit crowds, shit colours, shit everything. Would be a fair chance of him being traded this year if he wants out as GWS has too much to lose. Our first pick and Jack would get the deal done, but is that too pricey?

Probably replace Shiel with someone like O'Rourke or Jaksch for that to work, but it would fast track our rebuild for sure. 1 future Coleman medallist and a solid midfielder, please and thank you.
We can dream can't we?
I'll disagree with that a heap, would love Cameron absolute star but you're giving away our only real very good young midfielder in that deal.. Outside of Steven you have Dunstan who looks the goods with Newnes the rest of our midfielders look a mile off or have loads of ?? marks. (Besides some) but personally we are really lacking gun midfielders as it is along with gun key forwards.

Hayes will retire this year (very likely), Jones in 30 and no good almost done, Joey good but teams have learnt you tag him and you've got him covered (last two games anyway). Armitage is average at best will never hit A grade..

Last edited:
Commercial reality tells us that we will land a massive fish or two over the next years, but not this year, CP has clearly outlined our preferred scenarios.
I suggest that Joey, Armo, Gilbert and Steven will be on the table, albeit Steven by Stealth, to attract the number of picks we need to go forward, Steven for pick two from Giants and Shiel?

Good player but not a star. You wouldn't want to be giving top 5 picks for good players IMO.

He's a star & will only get better. Would easily be our best player if we got him. I'd easiy give up top 5 pick for him.

He's a star & will only get better. Would easily be our best player if we got him. I'd easiy give up top 5 pick for him.
Please mate, a good player in an elite side, ala Savage last year. For a top 5 pick, we want multiple under age All Australians or top 3 players from the list of each of all 17 other clubs. Not sure he fits the bill IMO, but I know you have a man crush on him ;) Would love to have got him last year when you were high on him and he had little trade value, you saw it a long way out.

I wonder how appealing seaford is to Cameron?
If he returns to Melbourne personally i think he'll pick Hawthorn, they have all that Buddy money left over. I don't think Money will be all the factor he'll want to play finals early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back