List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree.

i mean i look at cameron and patton and think if i was them at a struggling club, with little resources and not much backing outside the club that can help me with life after football, why would i then choose to go to another club in the same position. regardless of what club they choose theyre are going to be guaranteed game time, so we cant better other clubs on that. our only hope is if they had some attachment to the club. be it friends or family.

if a club like hawthorn who is desperate for another KPF came knocking on your door at the same time as doggies/melb/st kilda surely you'd go with hawthorn. you get to play finals, you have a proven development program around you. club has resources and support that can help you after football.

we just cant complete with that

which is something we've seen when trying to acquire players. remember caddy. remember adams.

With Goddard and Dal leaving and a few others about to retire you would think we would be in a good spot financially to lure a big name in soon.

yeap!!! which gets back to my game time point. what club in the market for patton and cameron isnt going to give them game time?

True true....I'd just like to think we have something extra we can offer over other clubs.

The chance to be taken under Roo's wing for a season or two to learn from one of the best the game has seen, would surely be a massive deal for both of them

Let's hope Cameron stays on until his contract ends (2015). That way we can grab a quality KPF with our 1st pick in this years draft then look to grab Cameron with next years pick (which I think will still be around the same mark.

We are more broke than Geoffrey Edelsten, which I have been telling you guys for two years.
Wakelin is leaving as it saves us $300k straight away, if we had no AFL financial support we would be relocating to Tassie or even worse, En Zud.
It's only going to get worse, how bad would our bottom line be from the GC crowd? Staggeringly ugly, with many more losses to come over the next two years.
It's madness that we have to pay 95 per cent of the salary cap every year, we could pull ourselves out of the hole if we could pay only 70 per cent as we regenerate over the next 2 years, that would be 6 million saved.

Which gets me back to Cameron, we can't afford absurd salaries atm BUT we can trade for him now and use our trade chips and pay him what he is currently getting ongoing.
The teams at the top of town have not got the picks to satisfy GWS, we have, if he then does a Dwight Howard and leaves us, then we can on trade or he goes into the preseason draft where he ends up at Brisbane or.....GWS!

I reckon the dogs would have us covered for a lot of players unfortunately, particularly a key forward. Further along in their rebuild and would give up pretty much anything for the final piece of the puzzle.
I know its become somewhat of a joke on here, but you cant entirely discount the Saints connection with Patton...

I'd like to see us do a little cleanout....
Delist: Trent Dennis-Lane, Tom Simpkin, Sam Dunell, Beau Maister, Darren Minchington....
Move on/Retire: Sam Fisher, Clinton Jones....
Trade bait: Sam Gilbert....
Cameron Shenton 50/50 at the moment, needs to have a big second half of the year.
Nailed it!
We may still get value out of Sam Gilbert, despite his foot issues. Little trade value, but worth persisting with him at least as depth, and he's versatile.
Cam Shenton I'm backing to become a good utility.
Even if all goes well, over the next 3 years we may well lose about 6 players per year - 18 players. One third may come from elevated rookies that were wisely chosen and developed. The other two-thirds from astute selections in the first 4 draft rounds or any nifty trades.
Players like Montagna, Steven, Dempster and Geary should play out their careers with the red-white-and-black. Riewoldt and Hayes can call their own time, whenever that comes.

Last edited:
We are more broke than Geoffrey Edelsten, which I have been telling you guys for two years.
Wakelin is leaving as it saves us $300k straight away, if we had no AFL financial support we would be relocating to Tassie or even worse, En Zud.
It's only going to get worse, how bad would our bottom line be from the GC crowd? Staggeringly ugly, with many more losses to come over the next two years.
It's madness that we have to pay 95 per cent of the salary cap every year, we could pull ourselves out of the hole if we could pay only 70 per cent as we regenerate over the next 2 years, that would be 6 million saved.

Which gets me back to Cameron, we can't afford absurd salaries atm BUT we can trade for him now and use our trade chips and pay him what he is currently getting ongoing.
The teams at the top of town have not got the picks to satisfy GWS, we have, if he then does a Dwight Howard and leaves us, then we can on trade or he goes into the preseason draft where he ends up at Brisbane or.....GWS!

First rounder?? Or a player? Surely they don't need any more top 5 picks.

We apparently had talks with Dustin Martin last year. I still think he would be the ideal player to bring in to our midfield know he's had some discipline issues at Tigers but a change of clubs maybe just what he needs.

First rounder?? Or a player? Surely they don't need any more top 5 picks.
GWS are about having an elite talent spread from many different years, ensuring that they regenerate by bringing a prime top 5 pick to replace a past his prime top 5 pick (possibly moving said past his prime player on), it's extremely clever, their success will be sustained, unlike Gold Coast's (IMO).

We apparently had talks with Dustin Martin last year. I still think he would be the ideal player to bring in to our midfield know he's had some discipline issues at Tigers but a change of clubs maybe just what he needs.
We've had talks with a few midfielders over the last few years Josh Caddy, David Myers, Dustin Martin are the three that have been mentioned i am sure there would be more, including Dylan Shiel.

I agree though Martin would've been handy getting him in the PSD :p since GWS and Melbourne (picks before us) didn't want him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
We've had talks with a few midfielders over the last few years Josh Caddy, David Myers, Dustin Martin are the three that have been mentioned i am sure there would be more, including Dylan Shiel.

I agree though Martin would've been handy getting him in the PSD :p since GWS and Melbourne (picks before us) didn't want him.
think Martin though may have the best upside good pace and a goalkicker don't know what the asking price would be but him and Jack Stevens leading the midfield would be a good combo to base our midfield on for several years I think.

Despite us all thinking he was a Saints fan he actually supported Melbourne while obviously his mum, sister etc big Saints supporters.
I know. I didn't say he was the emotional party Stan ;)

I imagine we'd have to sweeten that deal significantly.
Maybe from a sellers perspective but from a buyers perspective one has been in and out of the team whilst the other has already had a knee reco and shown sporadic form at best.
At the end of the day they will oy get what someone is prepared to pay, and as I have said for two years or so, Dylan wants to play for St kilda.

Maybe from a sellers perspective but from a buyers perspective one has been in and out of the team whilst the other has already had a knee reco and shown sporadic form at best.
At the end of the day they will oy get what someone is prepared to pay, and as I have said for two years or so, Dylan wants to play for St kilda.
Be aware this post will be going straight back to the GWS board.. :rolleyes:

If Patton is letting it be widely known he's desperate to get out, I don't understand why they're playing him up top and Cameron in defence. Cameron's been carrying an injury, so deserved a rest. But if Patton ain't part of the plan, then surely it'd be him they would use to try and patch things up at the back? Or drop him altogether.

Without giving away our first pick which I think we need, what might interest GWS for a trade for Shiel?

Is a 2nd rounder and Armitage a fair swap? I can't think of anyone else we'd be willing to give up that they would be interested in? Is that paying overs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back