List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the case, I will be extremely disappointed. #1 is a multi-million dollar decision in itself, back the recruiters 100%. Didn't Finnis say he wouldn't let the recruiters decide on #1 without his opinion, earlier in the year?
Hope this is not true, why the hell would Finnis have anything to do with it FFS

FF - Lee - McCartin - Longer
HF - Membrey - Riewoldt - White

Playing tall??? Or will McCartin take time to come in??? Lee or White VFL constantly??? I think we will use Hickey and Longer through the forward line next year due to not having Stanley.

McCartin will get plenty of chances but he wont be a best 22 lock.

Templeton - White - Bruce/Longer
Billings - Riewoldt - Membrey/Murdoch

3 talls
1 mid size
2 smalls

Most of our midfielders will spend small patches on the forward flanks to try and give teams different matchups to think about.

Dont forget also that Richo has openly stated we plan on turning Membrey into a midfielder, essentially using him in the role we would draft Petracca to play.

the problem i have is when you hear recruiters and mock drafters talk its always in the positive. if you took out the numbers, you'd swear every player was the best player, with subtle differences

i wish someone was just honest and laid it out like "the mids just arent that great this year so we think we can get a better mid next year" or "he's the best tall we can get for the next 2-3 drafts"

because that doesnt happen its hard to understand whats going on

McCartin will get plenty of chances but he wont be a best 22 lock.

Templeton - White - Bruce/Longer
Billings - Riewoldt - Membrey/Murdoch

3 talls
1 mid size
2 smalls

Most of our midfielders will spend small patches on the forward flanks to try and give teams different matchups to think about.

Dont forget also that Richo has openly stated we plan on turning Membrey into a midfielder, essentially using him in the role we would draft Petracca to play.
Thats true, I know Richo also said that Bruce long term was a forward, maybe they might give him some time with Spud now to develop him down back with us taking Paddy? Its hard because if we don't take RM and Lee and Spencer don't work out then they will have to bring him forward again more than likely. It would be good to develop him into a swing man like Carlisle and Hurley do at Essendon.

Really happy. Support the club fully. I mean they must know what they are doing, right?

Hilarious train wreck of a club.

So 28th or 29th wooden spoon next season?

Cant wait to see our magnificent mids tearing it up.

Another four mill loss next season.

And how would drafting Petracca change any of this?

finnis is doing a Vivek Ranadivé in the whole stauskas decision for the kings, and im guessing maybe 1 or 2 people will understand what im saying but its basically people who have power but know nothing about draft decision making shouldnt be aloud to give thier opinion

But yeah seriously, can we get more discussion on why we didn't just downgrade to pick 3 and get an extra pick for our trouble?
Melbourne wouldnt have done it, they would have been happy taking whoever we didn't without giving anything up.

But yeah seriously, can we get more discussion on why we didn't just downgrade to pick 3 and get an extra pick for our trouble?
Because it was apparently 6 + 7 that GWS offered not 4 + 7

Sam McClure seems to think the above anyway said it on radio today apparently.

EDIT: Whoops i thought you meant the GWS offer..

Yes it would. Still next year is going to be a disaster on the field.
Do you really think that Petracca would make all the difference on next year? Would most likely only play 10-15 games max. Next year wouldn't be pretty even if we picked up Dangerfield in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was that ever on the table?

I dont remember a single tweet, news flash or facebook page even hinting that 1 for 3 and 23 was on offer from either party.

When was that ever on the table?

I dont remember a single tweet, news flash or facebook page even hinting that 1 for 3 and 23 was on offer from either party.
GWS would have given up almost anything for CP, Truck is the style of player they feel that they are missing on their list

Mate just advised me another story re CP. Out at some place called the ritz (never heard of it #gettingold) One of his mates stood next to Petracca at the bar, pointed out they had the same shoes and Petracca told him to **** off. He's the best available player period, so should the club take McCartin there are are clearly issues whether it be medical, personality with CP combined with the need for a KPF.

Not that telling someone to **** off is a big deal but just as worthy as a messy room.

first time i have ever heard any club ever justify a draft selection in terms of monetary value. we've all heard the numbers thrown about, in terms of the investment and the need for character but ive never heard anyone say, we should draft a fwd because they cost more to replace than a mid

i'm not saying we havent made the right decision

i just find that statement somewhat bewildering. surely money shouldnt be an obstacle to selecting the best player

and i do get nervous when people overlook the best for needs. its how freo missed dunstan and acres.

Agree. Call me crazy, but ultimately won't the best player be worth the most money? This is a bit of recency bias going on here (e.g. Boyd). Ablett & Judd seemed to demand pretty big contracts, as will Dangerfield next year.

Just because the Dogs panicked and want to throw huge cash at somebody does not mean this is the new normal, and any half decent forward must be paid $1m plus.

Mate just advised me another story re CP. Out at some place called the ritz (never heard of it #gettingold) One of his mates stood next to Petracca at the bar, pointed out they had the same shoes and Petracca told him to **** off. He's the best available player period, so should the club take McCartin there are are clearly issues whether it be medical, personality with CP combined with the need for a KPF.

Not that telling someone to **** off is a big deal but just as worthy as a messy room.
I have the same hat that McCartin wears everywhere and I don't think he would mind if I told him.

Maybe, after all we dodged Judds shoulders and that worked a treat.
Joff, mate, this is getting BigMart on Hickey-esque...

You're not happy. We all get it. I've got misgivings too, but I'm keeping my powder dry until it ACTUALLY happens, and hopefully until it plays out a bit.

No point in potting the club until it's actually a **** up.

heaps of afl players head down to the ritz, and im guessing your mate/ tracca was being a d*&^ and it was just one of those things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back