List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be ridiculous if we passed on Petracca because of his attitude and then took Lamb, after everything you've said.
Okay I'll explain it quick.

If we pick. Mccartin because we rank him the best player out of the draft, the reason why Brett Anderson has lamb outside of his top 30 isn't because of attitide, it's because he is t that good and people just see his running and athletic numbers and just think he can play. He's kinda crappy tbh, crap field kicker, has no inside game, you literally wonder half of his games if he's playing. I hope he goes to hawks with their first pick or I'm going out on a limb and saying he won't make the grade

The discussion was about a dozen pages back, but just on the video, from listening my first thought was that the player they were speaking about was Kyle Langford, everything they said about him checks out for mine and he's played school footy for Ivanhoe. It was the first player the bobbed into my head with that description. Tackle number doesn't match-up (does for Laverde, as do most of the points, but he's a very, very low chance to be available at 21).

Attack first - Yes
Athlete - Yes
GPS numbers expected to be high - Yes
TAC Cup team of the year - Yes
Plays half-back - Yes
Can play a range of positions - Yes
Kicking/decision-making ? early on - Yes.

I think there's a genuine chance that he's available at 21.
Wow I couldn't beleive him sliding, I like him more this year than I liked bonts last year, easily a top 10'er for me

Harsh on McCartin, he is seriously talented as well.
I am not saying he is not talented, just that my opinion is that Petracca is more talented. Clearly McCartin is a talented kid.

People need to chill out a bit, I am half taking the piss. For what it is worth, I actually don't believe the club would be stupid enough to pick a bloke they perceive to be less talented than the other choice because he isn't as cocky. However, that has been suggested by some on this forum.

I hope there is no truth to this, because if that is our approach we are essentially ruling out a fair chuck of potentially elite players. Not everybody has the class and modesty of a Nick Reiwodlt.

I'm quite warm to the idea of a McCartin / R McKenzie combo

A Double Big Mac if you will ...

hero_double-big-mac.png

That would set us up with a FF / CHF combo for a decade. The beauty of it is, only one of them needs to be a superstar - if the other is merely good, it;s still a great combination that teams will be sweating to match up on ... especially with Spence flying around the mark as well :)
HF: Billings - White - Membrey
FF: Lonie* - McCartin - McKenzie

:D

HF: Billings - White - Membrey
FF: Lonie* - McCartin - McKenzie

That is quite the inspiring forward line assuming all players living up to their potential, of course. Mids get sorted this draft and next (plus FA), so we really only need to fix the defence, which is at least half way there with Bruce, Delaney and Roberton (ankle permitting).

My view on McCartin is thAt he is not big enough and if we are sold on a KpF then I would rather us take Peter Wright. 193cm is mid sized, third forward to me.

Wright at 203 is at least going to be taller than most full backs.

Having said that I would much prefer us to take Petracca.

Why would we give Melb a mid field set up for the next decade. Bradshaw and Petracca. At least take one of them and trade for a KPf next year

That is quite the inspiring forward line assuming all players living up to their potential, of course. Mids get sorted this draft and next (plus FA), so we really only need to fix the defence, which is at least half way there with Bruce, Delaney and Roberton (ankle permitting).
I still have my reservations over Reece's rucking ability, but if he could do a 5-10min stint each quarter and kick 20-30 goals per season that would be a HUGE weapon for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My view on McCartin is thAt he is not big enough and if we are sold on a KpF then I would rather us take Peter Wright. 193cm is mid sized, third forward to me.

Why would we give Melb a mid field set up for the next decade. Bradshaw and Petracca. At least take one of them and trade for a KPf next year

Lachie Keefe is that tall for Collingwood and he is a spazz up fwd and in the ruck which is what they drafted him for.
Wound up in the backline.

Prefer someone who throws themselves about a bit as a fwd rather than just run around pretending. There is a reason there is talk Wright could make it to double figures.

A players height matters a hell of a lot less than how they play.

Why would we give the Dees an amazing forward combo for the next decade and then force ourselves to pay massive overs to get a key forward. Assuming we can even find one that wants to come to us.

I feel much better knowing that everyone on here who can judge who the better player is - Macca or CP - has spent hours watching both of them play live.

Hopefully the club has been following this thread for everyone's sake.

I have seen neither so am relying on everyone's informed opinion to guide me.

Hugh Goddard
(Geelong Falcons/Melbourne Grammar, 24/8/96, 196cm, 94kg)

Versatile tall who reads the play well at either end of the ground and could develop into a genuine swingman. Super professional.

The rationale: That, at this point in the draft, he's too good to leave there. The Saints are still looking for a bit of everything. Goddard - a cousin of former Saints star Brendon - is someone they could develop at either end of the ground.

The complication: The Saints also have pick 22. Tom Lamb, Touk Miller and Alex Neal-Bullen are other players who could come into their thinking. They'll snap Lachie Weller up if he's still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back