List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you will be posting apologies to all the posters you have trashed in the last few days then;)

Which posters. My reasons for preferring Petracca hasn't changed.

Dont attack me and you dont get a retort. Many many posters referred directly to the arguments in my posts and I trated those posters with respect.

If you dont feel like you were treated with respect, you fall into the other camp. Dont poke the bear, you wont get bitten

So you would prefer to try and be part of the minority who won a flag with-out a very good-great power forward? Quality midfielders are far easier to find than quality forwards. And if we're trying to bring in 18 first round picks between 2013-16 as stated, then it would make sense to grab the best quality forward we have access to, and then take the required number of quality mids in later drafts.

i understand your point of view 110%.But I would prefer that the club get the player who is unanimously rated the best player in this draft and that is Petracca. I just feel that McCartin is so much of a risk and quite frankly i don't want to take it unless we can be guaranteed a top notch slider at 21.

My pipe dream is a Durdin/Wright/Goddard falling to 21, If that happens i will be able to deal with McCartin because i feel like we have atleast another potential top 5 rated player if he doesn't work out. Also Each one of those grand final teams had midfields that scored heavily. Whats the market price for a Fyfe, Dangerfield? O same price for a key forward. So to me thats a mute point by our club for bringing that up. Quality regardless of if its big or small will cost big $$$. Also even if McCartin is a star, and EVEN if we get into a grannie on the back of him ala Nick in 09/10. Unless we draft/develop an engine room that can hit the scoreboard good chance we won't win.

With Petracca he has X factor and the versatility to move forward and impact the game their. Just my 2 cents. I understand that drafting McCartin fills a need etc. I just would prefer our club to go the safe route and that Petracca

To those of you that have said that we can pick up the best midfielders in the upcoming drafts, yes we can, BUT I have never seen a player like Petracca. He is way too special to pass up on for a solid key forward in McCartin who has kicked 7 goals in 3 games in the U/18 Championships... Petracca has speed, strength, atheleticism, goal sense, "point guard instincts" and most importantly, X-Factor (he knows how to get touches as well). Kids with X-Factor do not come along very often. Petracca is just way too good to pass up on. I will be absolutely shattered if his name isn't called out for pick 1. "He is a once in a generation type of player" - BoundForGlory AND how good would this be in a few years time: Dunstan, Billings, Petracca, Steven, Armitage, Acres and Wright in our midfield. Petracca would also adequately fill the hole Lenny has left in our midfield.

Clearly McCartin is the best key forward in the draft, however, his highlights aren't even that impressive. I remember when Boyd was touted for pick 1, he was clearly the best player in the draft pool. He destroyed every game off his own boot. I don't see that kind of dominance in McCartin's game. Boyd hasnt even been very good in his first season. After looking at Boyd's first season, what can we expect from McCartin? Especially in a St Kilda side that will struggle for the next few seasons. Also he seems to be quite injury prone, missed the majority of the season through groin and quad problems and I don't think the diabetes would do him any good either.

AND if we pick Petracca, we can look for the best key forward available at picks 21 and 22. Reece McKenzie is very good option in my opinion. Yes, he has been criticised as a flat track bully, but I haven't seen McCartin kick 10 goals in a game like Reece has. He can also learn off Riewoldt as well, learn how to work harder and become a more consistent player. I really don't see much fault in McKenzie's game. He's just as good as McCartin in my opinion.

We need this:
Pick 1 - Petracca
Pick 21 - McKenzie
Pick 22 - Garlett
Pick 41 - Lonie

Clearly McCartin is the best key forward in the draft, however, his highlights aren't even that impressive. I remember when Boyd was touted for pick 1, he was clearly the best player in the draft pool. He destroyed every game off his own boot. I don't see that kind of dominance in McCartin's game. Boyd hasnt even been very good in his first season. After looking at Boyd's first season, what can we expect from McCartin? Especially in a St Kilda side that will struggle for the next few seasons. Also he seems to be quite injury prone, missed the majority of the season through groin and quad problems and I don't think the diabetes would do him any good either.

AND if we pick Petracca, we can look for the best key forward available at picks 21 and 22. Reece McKenzie is very good option in my opinion. Yes, he has been criticised as a flat track bully, but I haven't seen McCartin kick 10 goals in a game like Reece has. He can also learn off Riewoldt as well, learn how to work harder and become a more consistent player. I really don't see much fault in McKenzie's game. He's just as good as McCartin in my opinion.

We need this:
Pick 1 - Petracca
Pick 21 - McKenzie
Pick 22 - Garlett
Pick 41 - Lonie
That's your problem right their, basing your opinion based off highlights instead the recruiters have spent the last 3 years watching him over and over.

He was always Injured this year but he kicked 7 against a solid falcons team as an underage 17year old when he was in his best form

Last edited:
Reece McKenzie is not someone who will be a difference maker, in fact he will be lucky to be drafted.

McCartin will be a star, I saw him kick 9 last year in a half on Lachie Ritchie, who was the Vic Metro full back, and who also played seniors at Sandy this year.

If he had have been injury free and playing for SA he would be the clear number one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reece McKenzie is not someone who will be a difference maker, in fact he will be lucky to be drafted.

McCartin will be a star, I saw him kick 9 last year in a half on Lachie Ritchie, who was the Vic Metro full back, and who also played seniors at Sandy this year.

If he had have been injury free and playing for SA he would be the clear number one.
This just gets me a little moist...

What level of footy was that because it wasn't tac cup?

All of Petraccas games this year have been covered by champion data. So we have access to all his stats.
McCartin however, plays in the APS and thus we aren't exposed to some of the games that would have helped determine his number 1 status.

Interesting that Quayle has us taking two talls at 1 and 21 ...

So much for "you need to spend a high draft pick on a KPF but hey, we still have 21 and 22 for two mid sliders".

Interesting that Quayle has us taking two talls at 1 and 21 ...

So much for "you need to spend a high draft pick on a KPF but hey, we still have 21 and 22 for two mid sliders".
Paddy and Goddard will set up our KPF and KPD stocks for the future very well..

If Goddard some how was around at pick 21 we would be laughing! bargain.

Damn theres a lot of media garbage about this. I think the only people who know for sure are the people in that final meeting room which was about 5 or 6 including Richo, Trout and Bains. All the rest is guesswork and conjecture.

I still think Petracca is the likely choice but Maccartin does make a "logical" sense. If we do chose Maccartin I hope he has another growth spurt without losing his speed and the like which I think would bring him up to that pure no.1 pick that people are on the look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back