List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it or not so am I.

Have warmed to McCartin after thinking about it for a couple of days. the Age article today also allayed fears saying he was more than one dimensional and could also play CHF.

21 and 22 will be fascinating

Absolutely, nailing 21 and 22 is going to be a lot more difficult than pick 1. I'll be more frustrated if we took a more vanilla looking prospect, i.e. ANB, instead of Langford for example.

Big Mart
Why is it that your argument results in "well the other player is shizen, because of this this this and this"? Seriously, this is turning into those Kobe vs LeBron debates, can we not just judge both sides without unnecessary attacks on the other side, or player (or fans of the player, in Kobe vs LeBron case)?

Christian Petracca is a Larke Medalist, a dominant junior with an outstanding list of achievements as a junior sportsperson, despite his hip injuries and poor psychological testing he's a very, very talented footballer.
Patrick McCartin is a strong marking, quick forward who dominated in his junior year, and though he has flaws and weaknesses has shown he can overcome them (on multiple occasions).

Neither is fat. Neither is slow. And neither should be abused over a medical condition (especially one that they've shown the professionalism to fight through). Neither is a nut-case. Both are sound footballers. Both are the best in the open draft pool in their positions. Both run 20m in under 3 seconds.
But more importantly, both have definitely earned the right to not be abused on an internet forum.
Pull your head in.

Can't keep up with the number of posts on here atm....

I was on the Petracca train but now on the Paddy wagon.
Makes sense when we consider the limited number of potential talls next year.
No way do I want the saints to pull the 1M trigger on a 1st year player like the Dogs.

21 & 22 will be gems and I'm keen on Cavka for his endurance at 41.

Rest assured, whichever way we go tomorrow night they will all be saints and we'll be singing their praises on here.

Believe it or not so am I.

Have warmed to McCartin after thinking about it for a couple of days. the Age article today also allayed fears saying he was more than one dimensional and could also play CHF.

21 and 22 will be fascinating
I guess you will be posting apologies to all the posters you have trashed in the last few days then;)

Pretty surprised looking back over this thread. It's not like we're passing on Tom Boyd a clear cut No.1 and taking some dud. These 2 have been considered the top 2 for months now, Wright was played out of position and hasn't had a great year so he's obviously slipped down. I think we all just like the sound of a goal kicking midfield/half forward. They're bloody entertaining.

Big Mart
Why is it that your argument results in "well the other player is shizen, because of this this this and this"? Seriously, this is turning into those Kobe vs LeBron debates, can we not just judge both sides without unnecessary attacks on the other side, or player (or fans of the player, in Kobe vs LeBron case)?
Ill take harden pls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know where you've pulled that from but there's no arguing elite midfields are more important than power forwards. Geelong and West Coast have proven that.
Last 15 Premiers and their KF stocks.

2000: Essendon - Matthew Lloyd and Scott Lucas
2001: Brisbane Lions - Alistair Lynch & Jonathan Brown
2002: Brisbane Lions - Alistair Lynch & Jonathan Brown
2003: Brisbane Lions - Alistair Lynch & Jonathan Brown
2004: Port Adelaide - Warren Tredrea
2005: Sydney Swans - Barry Hall
2006: WCE - Ash Hansen and Lynch (spuds)
2007: Geelong- Mooney and N. Ablett (spuds)
2008: Hawthorn- Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughhead
2009: Geelong - Hawkins and Mooney
2010: Collingwood: Travis Cloke
2011: Geelong - Hawkins and Mooney
2012: Sydney Swans - Mitch Morton and Adam Goodes
2013: Hawthorn - Lance Franklin and Roughhead (with Gunston)
2014: Hawthorn- Roughhead and Gunston.

12/15 Premiers had very good-great key forward stocks.

They all had strong midfields, but in saying that there is definitely an argument that power forwards are equally if not more important than elite midfields. Which is further highlighted by the fact that the highest paid players are commonly KPF. Because they are rare, and because you can structure an entire attacking game plan around a strong power forward.

Suffering incredibly slow internet atm. Unable to trawl back through the pages to see what the SEN rumour re CP was that Defacto alludes to.

Was the SEN rumour about CP's poort interviewing with clubs?

If you are PMing people Defacto, would love to be included, understand if not.

Last 15 Premiers and their KF stocks.

2000: Essendon - Matthew Lloyd and Scott Lucas
2001: Brisbane Lions - Alistair Lynch & Jonathan Brown
2002: Brisbane Lions - Alistair Lynch & Jonathan Brown
2003: Brisbane Lions - Alistair Lynch & Jonathan Brown
2004: Port Adelaide - Warren Tredrea
2005: Sydney Swans - Barry Hall
2006: WCE - Ash Hansen and Lynch (spuds)
2007: Geelong- Mooney and N. Ablett (spuds)
2008: Hawthorn- Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughhead
2009: Geelong - Hawkins and Mooney
2010: Collingwood: Travis Cloke
2011: Geelong - Hawkins and Mooney
2012: Sydney Swans - Mitch Morton and Adam Goodes
2013: Hawthorn - Lance Franklin and Roughhead (with Gunston)
2014: Hawthorn- Roughhead and Gunston.

12/15 Premiers had very good-great key forward stocks.

They all had strong midfields, but in saying that there is definitely an argument that power forwards are equally if not more important than elite midfields. Which is further highlighted by the fact that the highest paid players are commonly KPF. Because they are rare, and because you can structure an entire attacking game plan around a strong power forward.

an 15/15 had fantastic midfielders with brownlow medalists

Suffering incredibly slow internet atm. Unable to trawl back through the pages to see what the SEN rumour re CP was that Defacto alludes to.

Was the SEN rumour about CP's poort interviewing with clubs?

If you are PMing people Defacto, would love to be included, understand if not.[/QUOTE]+1

I have finally figured out why dewah doesn't like defence. James Harden, it explains it all. He's never seen a defensive play in his life! ;)
Hahaa

I want to defend him but i won't even though he's leading the league in defence rating and is 2nd in the league in combined rebounds/steals/blocks.

But I won't validate his defence this year, I can't be bothered ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back