List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is getting into some Nostradamus* level predicting but, do I recall correctly that there is a big key forward prospect that looks very promising in next years draft? If the club thinks that there is a good chance of him being a top end pick and that we will have a top pick next year, do we hold off on trading for a key forward this year and wait to see how things pan out?

How much would the trade/draft department take the next years draft and our performance into account?

* Meaning that it will be wrong.

I know this is getting into some Nostradamus* level predicting but, do I recall correctly that there is a big key forward prospect that looks very promising in next years draft? If the club thinks that there is a good chance of him being a top end pick and that we will have a top pick next year, do we hold off on trading for a key forward this year and wait to see how things pan out?

How much would the trade/draft department take the next years draft and our performance into account?

I am unsure, one for Rahul

We finished 3rd last last year but didn't have a disgraceful year.

We could finish last or second last this year and it not be disgraceful.

Interesting. Or maybe my lens are rose tinted.
We aren't disgraceful just going through a solid rebuild, injury list continues filling up which means we become even more of an inexperienced side. I'm not fussed where we finish this year as i'd back in our recruiters to get a elite (hopefully) player. I just think that bottom 4 looks very likely looking at our draw currently.

13 players with under 50 games experienced last night and it would be more this week if Jacky Steven misses.

Wright & McCartin are 2 power forwards in this draft...Wright is similar to Joe Daniher, McCartin is more a Plugger style (a physical beast in 1 on 1's)...McCartins kicking is iffy...both had had health/injury problems.

Wright is a lock at no.1 IMO...could be a Paul Salmon type at his top-end.

Wright & McCartin are 2 power forwards in this draft...Wright is similar to Joe Daniher, McCartin is more a Plugger style (a physical beast in 1 on 1's)...McCartins kicking is iffy...both had had health/injury problems.

Wright is a lock at no.1 IMO...could be a Paul Salmon type at his top-end.

If this is in response to my post, I was referring to the 2015 draft. We are a sure thing to get top key forward talent this year and if we get one next year we probably wont need to trade for another unless we can get it super cheap.

The last few weeks showed how much we need Armo. He's an absolute bull in the contest and offers a lot of protection for Steven, Joey and our young mids. I'd put him in the 'do not trade' department. I think we really need him through the rebuild even if he isn't at his best by the time we compete again. Losing him would be similar to Melbourne losing Moloney and exposing guys like Trengrove IMO.

If this is in response to my post, I was referring to the 2015 draft. We are a sure thing to get top key forward talent this year and if we get one next year we probably wont need to trade for another unless we can get it super cheap.
Whoops...:oops:...busy at work

We can't really go wrong as far as key forwards this year. We're pretty much guaranteed to get on of Wright, McCartin, Goddard or Durdin (not sure how much forward he's played though)
Goddard more of a swingman isn't he? i wouldn't complain with him though in fact wouldn't complain with getting any of them.

We will still need a gun CHB (like Talia, Reid or Harry Taylor) - someone who is good defensively and offensively...Bruce is never going to be that - might be a great 3rd tall.

Jaksch could be that.
I'm all for Jaksch, i think we need to get 2-3 KPP players at the end of this year.

First pick, Jaksch and another KPF somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we get a Brother/Brother nomination where if a brother is listed at your club you can draft his other brother, just so we get Lachie Weller. :p

There are a couple next year, but then said forward will be born in 1997 and will only be 22 heading into the 2020 season. Also, I'd like to have the key forward learn under Roo for a year, the 2015 draft player will have to be the #1 target as soon as he starts out.

Pick 2 in the main draft? never heard of him.
Yeah pick two in the main draft but we're not sure if he was worth that because GWS were pretty much drafting for need at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back