List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone had him around 6-10 didn't they? while Whitfield, Toumpas and Grundy as the top 3.
Not sure mate. I didn't do a lot of reading on him because he was well out of our range. Would be happy to take him in the preseason draft though!

There are a couple next year, but then said forward will be born in 1997 and will only be 22 heading into the 2020 season. Also, I'd like to have the key forward learn under Roo for a year, the 2015 draft player will have to be the #1 target as soon as he starts out.
Correct Rahul. Take Wright or MCartin this year and trade for Boyd/Patton next year

I'd like to throw a significant bit of coin at GC Tom Lynch once we go hard at FA.

22 at the end of the year, 199cm, very mobile despite 101kg and conveniently out of contract end of 2016...

Will be 27 during the 2020 season. Perfect. :thumbsu:

I'd like to throw a significant bit of coin at GC Tom Lynch once we go hard at FA.

22 at the end of the year, 199cm, very mobile despite 101kg and conveniently out of contract end of 2016...

and he's from the Peninsula!!

there was a quiet rumour doing the rounds that we enquired about him last season...and were told politely to p.o.q!

But he's not a state leaguer? Someone send a doctor to Barrels house, he's not well!

I'd make an offer he can't refuse, he's the closest player to Roo out there.

But he's not a state leaguer? Someone send a doctor to Barrels house, he's not well!
Oh hush
I'd make an offer he can't refuse, he's the closest player to Roo out there.
We're going to have a significant amount of cap space...I'd much rather him on $800k a year than Frawley on similar....

Sam Day out of contract at the same time... Similar size, similar ability, same age.

The fact is, the expansion teams are going to have to shed players, even the good ones, eventually.

We just have to make the Saints an attractive destination to get them here; don't forget they'll probably be leaving premiership contenders for an up-and-comer (hopefully) by then..

whats the name of next year's kid?
Periphery You might be referring to Eastern ranges boy Sam Weideman? 195 cm 85 KG KPF, son of Mark (27 games) and grandson of Murray (180 games) for Collingwood. He's kicked a couple of bags in the TAC cup, still has a lot of development left but is a freak athlete and looks promising for a top 5 pick next year.

Periphery You might be referring to Eastern ranges boy Sam Weideman? 195 cm 85 KG KPF, son of Mark (27 games) and grandson of Murray (180 games) for Collingwood. He's kicked a couple of bags in the TAC cup, still has a lot of development left but is a freak athlete and looks promising for a top 5 pick next year.

Yep, that is the guy I was thinking of. It will be interesting to see what we do over the next year or two in regards to our forward prospects.

I think Rahul is right when he said that a key forward drafted next year will still be pretty young when we reach or flag window so we will probably look for a second one via trade/FA instead. We just have to hope it doesn't cost us too much if we manage to dislodge one from of GWS/GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we go insanely hard at Taylor Walker and Pat Dangerfield in FA next year, both will only be 25 years old. Would be happy to pay $800k+ for either of them.

Still to early. it would be a hard if not impossible sell to get either when we probably still havent bottomed out especially at only 800K for dangerfield. Probably get Walker for that price because I reckon its about 400k to much. Are they both FA at the end of next season?

I hope we go insanely hard at Taylor Walker and Pat Dangerfield in FA next year, both will only be 25 years old. Would be happy to pay $800k+ for either of them.

That wont happen. We wont go after Free Agents until we are at least on the way up. He's only 25 now but he'll be 30 by the time we will be pushing for a flag. We'd be much better waiting and spending that money in 3 years time, that way they'll be 27/28 when we are up the top.

That wont happen. We wont go after Free Agents until we are at least on the way up. He's only 25 now but he'll be 30 by the time we will be pushing for a flag. We'd be much better waiting and spending that money in 3 years time, that way they'll be 27/28 when we are up the top.
I don't get this line of thinking, our 24 to 27 age range is so bare it's ridiculous, we desperately need reinforcements to speed up our rebuild.

I suppose it depends when you think we will bottom out. i still have us being very poor in the next 2 years after this year. I dont see how anyone would come to us while we havent shown anything to suggest we are improving unless we completely overpay them and I also think its to early.

I suppose it depends when you think we will bottom out. i still have us being very poor in the next 2 years after this year. I dont see how anyone would come to us while we havent shown anything to suggest we are improving unless we completely overpay them and I also think its to early.

We will have plenty of money to throw at them when Roo, Joey, Hayes etc retire. And players aren't silly, they know football works in cycles these days. They will see we have been down for a while but we have been playing kids for 3 or 4 years and they all look really promising. But yeah, money is the big issue with FA.
Dangerfield for example would be 29 in 2020, when the club says we'll be pushing for top 4 again.
Yep, turning 30 by about round 4. I know it's not over the hill but it's just not ideal. I'm sure the club has it in it's plan that they detailed that they wont be going for FA's in the next few years? Don't get me wrong, I would not be upset if we somehow landed him, I just don't think it will happen.

I also think that when it does happen then we will be chasing a tall forward. We have a lot of midfield talent coming through.

Remember 2020 is the first year we will be pushing for the top 4, we want to be there for 5 years surely.

Actually, the the Road to 2018 document said we will be a top 4 side by 2018 and be "positioned to be a consistent premiership contender". They also said that we will have a premiership by 2020.

I'm not sure how smart it was to make the premiership by 2020 prediction but I hope they are right.

But you are right that we will want all our major players to be peaking at about 2018 and have 5+ years of flag window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back