List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitfield vs Shiel

I'd love either but damn I love the way Whitfield floats across the footy field and delivers the footy. Reminds me of Nicky Winmar. He would compliment our list more than Shiel being more an outside reciever. We are fully stocked with inside mids.
Shiel is not just an outside runner and I'd argue that he is more of a hybrid then Whitfield at this stage. Also on Shiel I think that if he comes to a weaker midfield he will show how talented he is and that he is equal to Trelor if not better. What he has is smarts. In the contest he just knows how to tap the ball to tea mates advantage and how to get out of traffic. He kicks goals and has an expsive pace we could do ith.

Shiel is not just an outside runner and I'd argue that he is more of a hybrid then Whitfield at this stage. Also on Shiel I think that if he comes to a weaker midfield he will show how talented he is and that he is equal to Trelor if not better. What he has is smarts. In the contest he just knows how to tap the ball to tea mates advantage and how to get out of traffic. He kicks goals and has an expsive pace we could do ith.

I meant Whitfield is an outside runner, not Shiel. Would love either at the club.

would be keen for Whitfield OR Shiel in those scenarios, don't want Hannebery, never really viewed him as that top tier elite talent. Seems to err towards the icing on the cake type player - when Sydney plays well he plays well. More happy to pillage GWS.

On O'Shea, I've been to plenty of Port Adelaide games over the last couple of years (my best mate goes for them), he used to look really really shakey 1v1 and in terms of delivery, but has really improved. His disposal has improved out of sight, and I'd say he is an above average kick for sure these days. Pretty handy one on one - probably not as good as Sam Fisher is, but if he learns off him, there is definitely scope for improvement. He has the physical tools to be a similar type, quick, agile, but strong for his size. Would happily take him, as long as we can get him relatively cheap.

My two cents; would take Whitfield over Shiel (but would be delighted with either), would love to coax O'Shea over on HTC's recommendation and potentially would take Jordan Kelly on via the PSD - if available - as a Dempster/Gilbert replacement or cover for Roberton. If not Kelly, then Rahul's man Beasley as a Rookie.

Means Webster, Savage and Newnes can be released up field as a bonus.

U23's* in that case;
FB: Wright - Delaney* - O'Shea
HB: Kelly/Beasley - Bruce - Webster
RK: Longer - Steven - Weller
CR: Whitfield - Dunstan - Newnes
HF: Minchington - White - Billings
FF: Templeton - McKenzie - Pierce
Int: Curren - Acres - Ross - Murdoch
Em: Markworth - Siposs

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been posted but apparently in the herald sun newspaper today it said we are chasing Luke Parker.

I don't see it anywhere online so who has the newspaper.... We need a photo ;)
Sweet Jesus, I would give up pick 1 in a nano second for Parker. Will be uber-elite in the next few years and a future captain of Syd (StKilda)

Next year definitely a midfield dominated draft. Midfield types including Keays, Mills, Dunkley, Parish, Mathieson, Tucker, O'Kearney etc.

Ryan Burton looks a very good KPF prospect IMO but got injured horribly about a month ago and will miss 12 months. Joshua Schache looks good. There's another who I haven't seen much of, forgot his name... Weideman?
Joshua Schache bandwagon, just remember that I jumped on early!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you're aware that Johnno Patton did his knee not long after that, putting him out for next year and almost certainly dramatically reducing any chance that GWS would be prepared to trade Cameron at least (while still contracted) and probably also reducing the likelihood that he would want to leave them just at this point, when they probably need him the most?

As per all year though, in an ideal situation Cameron would be my first choice in a trade for pick 1 though and Boyd would almost certainly still be my next preference, due to our needs and the way next year's draft is looking like being midfield dominated. Next preference would be something like Shiel and 4 for 1, perhaps with us sending them something else as well.
About 3 months back Cameron was interviewed on SEN & stated he was "looking to re-sign shortly".
Still hasn't put pen to paper yet, leaving one to suggest he is on the move..

Maybe, I've only heard we are into him, not sure if it was for #1 straight swap, Robbo did hear at the Brownlow that we are after a Swans player with #1.\

Call me greedy but I only want to trade pick 1 for two very good players/draft picks in return. A straight swap of pick 1 for Hanneberry or Parker doesn't excite me. Throw in Mitchell with either of those guys and I'm getting excited. Or Shiel and pick 3. You get the drift.

Call me greedy but I only want to trade pick 1 for two very good players/draft picks in return. A straight swap of pick 1 for Hanneberry or Parker doesn't excite me. Throw in Mitchell with either of those guys and I'm getting excited. Or Shiel and pick 3. You get the drift.

100% agree on this. More than happy to go to the draft and nab CP. Would take a fair bit to make me want to part with pick 1.

Thanks bud, appreciate it. One more? Jaden McGrath? Seems to have fallen off the radar. Is he a chance to slip to a third/fourth round? Would he be a good get there for us?
McGrath played in the Young Guns game at Port Melbourne and looked good, he probably had 15 odd disposals, mostly by foot and used the ball well, I think that he has more upside than most of his type (outside mid) in this draft. Considering he has only played a couple of full games for the season and coming from Pioneers where he has been forced to play as a forward due to their ordinary list, IMO he is a second round pick.

Just wandered over to the Swans board and had a look at their GF autopsy thread; **** ME Parker is copping an absolute pasting...

Never mind that his blinder of a season had a large say in them getting there...

100% agree on this. More than happy to go to the draft and nab CP. Would take a fair bit to make me want to part with pick 1.
Whoa Whoa, I really like Petracca, I mean really like him but Parker is the second best player in the second best team in the comp and he's 21!, Two years older than Petracca. Parker will be a supreme player, if he's not already. I think we'd be madder than mad not to grab it immediately it was offered.

Would guys be happy with Parker straight swap for pick 1 or would something else need to be thrown in by Sydney?
I think Parker is a super talent, but I'm a bit uneasy about him being worth Pick 1 all on his lonesome...

The difficulty with that is Sydney will be forced to use their first pick on Isaac Heeney, and their second will be around the Pick 36 mark, so maybe GWS' second pick will be part of the equation too? I just feel that Parker and #36 is bordering on cheap for Pick 1 as, as has been pointed out, we have the golden goose here.

Maybe, if Nex's word is good, it'll be something like #1 to GWS, #4 and #23 to the Swans and Parker and an on-traded #23 to us?

So;
GWS: get #1 > give #4 and #23
Swans: get #4 > give Parker and #23
Saints: get Parker and #23 > give #1

But probably not...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back