List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is it hard to believe

You have dble draft picks to play with

Agressive teams will reap massive benefits this year

It would take a lot of wheeling and dealing. I am not sure what Kelly would be worth, but I imagine it would be worth more than just a first rounder considering he is contracted and then we also have to find a suitable deal for Carlisle and that is proving to be difficult ATM. Then there is the Freeman deal, and if we trade our two first rounders, I am pretty sure that restricts what else we are able to trade (but not sure exactly) so that could also put a speed hump in the Freeman deal.

IF (and that's a huge if) the opportunity came up to trade for Kelly on top of Carlisle and Freeman, then you'd have to think Hickey and/or Ross would be out the door for the best draft picks possible. No way could we bring those guys in with draft picks alone, unless the dream option of reaming Essendope and getting Carlisle in the PSD was to occur.

Or maybe we've all just reached the delusional/greedy stage of the trade period ;)

Interesting rumour.

Going after Kelly this year would mean we are going for a contracted young player, which goes against the recruitment strategy of going after those out of contract as stated by stavro yesterday.

Would love to add Kelly to our team, exactly the type of player we need but it is hard to see us getting all of Kelly, Carlisle and Freeman in the one off season.

This year is the most mobile off season I can remember. The FA has meant teams seem to be more willing to move players on before they choose to leave. Players don't even care to see out contracts anymore. I'm guessing this is a look into the future where guys are moving on after a few years if they don't feel like they are getting played enough or want to go home.

Interesting rumour.

Going after Kelly this year would mean we are going for a contracted young player, which goes against the recruitment strategy of going after those out of contract as stated by stavro yesterday.

Would love to add Kelly to our team, exactly the type of player we need but it is hard to see us getting all of Kelly, Carlisle and Freeman in the one off season.
I don't think it flys in the face of our recent strategy. If we picked up kellyh, Freeman, and Carlisle it would very similar to having 3 top 20 picks. Freeman and Kelly are around the 21 yr old top 10 picks. Not sure what Carlisle was but gunn key position defender. So the result really is the same

It would take a lot of wheeling and dealing. I am not sure what Kelly would be worth, but I imagine it would be worth more than just a first rounder considering he is contracted and then we also have to find a suitable deal for Carlisle and that is proving to be difficult ATM. Then there is the Freeman deal, and if we trade our two first rounders, I am pretty sure that restricts what else we are able to trade (but not sure exactly) so that could also put a speed hump in the Freeman deal.
We can do that deal now if we want to hand over 5.
They will get what their given

Are you sure the Carlisle deal is difficult, or are we just focussed elsewhere right now?

Maybe it's not us wanting to do the Carlisle deal quickly ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting rumour.

Shit you not, in the business of running a club and trying to improve the playing list, when there is an option, no matter how faint of an option it might be, there will be one person who comes to a meeting and they pitch that option. If it's a Kelly and the rest of us think "gee he's special, but we've already indicated we're doing something different" it takes all of 5 mins tops and you drop that and work on seeing if Kelly works and what it would take. You do this because you trust the other person to not be talking out of their arse, you do this because in that trust; there is an option, and you move as quickly as you are able to because this might be a finite thing, it might be a crux and if it works out it's a bonus you had not expected, and in the worst case you get told no quickly and move on.

"No" whilst a powerful word in trading situations, means absolutely nothing if you're seizing an opportunity with such a pay off for such very little risk of asking the question/planting/reinforcing the seed/etc. Because if you land it, no one is going to remember that you said you were going to focus on uncontracted people, they will be patting you on the back and applauding that you landed Kelly.

If Kelly comes out and declares he wants to be traded to St Kilda, it will certainly help us in the trade negotiations.

Pick #5, pick #24 and 2016 1st rounder
For
Kelly, pick #8, pick #27 and pick #45.
Basically a 1st rounder and 2 pick upgrades for GWS.
Can't see GWS having much use for their 3rd rounder, they might as well send it to us to help with points for Rice.
If Matho is the player we want and we are confident he'll be there at pick 8, then happy days,

Maybe something like

2015 + 2016 first round picks ---> GWS

Jelly + top ~12 pick + late 2nd + 3rd rounder ---> St Kilda

Would give us an established outside midfielder, whilst leaving us with a pick to draft the inside midfielder we want (Mathieson), a pick to use in other trades (be it Carlisle, and/or Freeman trades), and a pick (which GWS won't use, anyway) to add to our stash to pay for Bailey

EDIT: aaaand right as I post that, Punter! pips me with an almost identical deal! :mad::p

I don't think it flys in the face of our recent strategy. If we picked up kellyh, Freeman, and Carlisle it would very similar to having 3 top 20 picks. Freeman and Kelly are around the 21 yr old top 10 picks. Not sure what Carlisle was but gunn key position defender. So the result really is the same
If anything it fast tracks our strategy. Bringing in young, somewhat proven highly skilled players who already have AFL level development brings us 1-2 ahead of if we have to draft, develop & hope they turn out.

The only concern is future salary cap pressures

I like you Toxic. It's like you have a sneaky little Red stripe hidden amongst your Collingwoodiness...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Sorry bud no red stripe

But shux I'm blushen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back