List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the other club doesn't want to take in his entire contract, we are stuck paying the difference.
that really sux in this situation, where the player wants out.....It should be if the club wants the player gone, then they pay the player any difference, and if the player wants out, they should have to get whatever they can arrange with the new club.....
Id rather keep him in the hope he pulls his finger out, and actually does something, as this year I went to a few NB games to see him and Mullett play, and although Mullet was rusty, he at least had a go.....

I'd trade 1st and Black and 3rd for Weller and Freo's second. They get a Forward and another pick inside 20 to throw at GWS and we get a kid with skill and a bit of pace for 10 years, plus a pick to use on Howe?

Weller went Pick 13 and has lost no value whatsoever in his first year. Our first isn't enough imo.

I'd take Howe, averaged the same disposals as Hansen whilst having an opponent. Only 1 mark less a game too. Hansen should have a far greater impact.

Now comes the tricky bit..... I don't want to get rid of Lachy unless we get a true 1v1 tall defender. Also, I don't want Howe to be a defender. As an aerobic hit up forward, he can get to the other defensive 50 to Goldy on kickouts so that WCE don't get 10 consecutive inside 50's. He can run the arcs leaving our structure in place deeper. Wood looked good early but has large defensive flaws, hopefully he can fix them. So in Howe and out Brisbane's 2nd.

In Anderson and out our 2nd.

Basti to Brisbane for their 2nd is fair.

In: Weller, Howe, Pick 37? Anderson

Out: Pick 18? 36?, 55?, Basti , Black

Draft Weitering after I get Higgo2Waite & Kanga's4eva to shoop up some unflattering Weitering pr0n and he drops to us and our future is bright.

Nick Dal has been awesome for the coin we are paying him!

Someone needs to explain the "tag" thing to me? I don't know how to do it.

tldr, in Jack Watts

Surely if he walks to another club, the contract he's currently on would be null and void. He won't get the dollars he's on anywhere else.

He's not walking though.

He would be being traded, therefore still owed his current contract amount.

I'd trade 1st and Black and 3rd for Weller and Freo's second. They get a Forward and another pick inside 20 to throw at GWS and we get a kid with skill and a bit of pace for 10 years, plus a pick to use on Howe?

Weller went Pick 13 and has lost no value whatsoever in his first year. Our first isn't enough imo.

I'd take Howe, averaged the same disposals as Hansen whilst having an opponent. Only 1 mark less a game too. Hansen should have a far greater impact.

Now comes the tricky bit..... I don't want to get rid of Lachy unless we get a true 1v1 tall defender. Also, I don't want Howe to be a defender. As an aerobic hit up forward, he can get to the other defensive 50 to Goldy on kickouts so that WCE don't get 10 consecutive inside 50's. He can run the arcs leaving our structure in place deeper. Wood looked good early but has large defensive flaws, hopefully he can fix them. So in Howe and out Brisbane's 2nd.

In Anderson and out our 2nd.

Basti to Brisbane for their 2nd is fair.

In: Weller, Howe, Pick 37? Anderson

Out: Pick 18? 36?, 55?, Basti , Black

Draft Weitering after I get Higgo2Waite & Kanga's4eva to shoop up some unflattering Weitering pr0n and he drops to us and our future is bright.

Nick Dal has been awesome for the coin we are paying him!

Someone needs to explain the "tag" thing to me? I don't know how to do it.

tldr, in Jack Watts
Howe wasn't injured for half the season that limited mobility. An un-injured Hansen absolutely flogs Howe in terms of defensive or team value.

NORTH Melbourne and the Gold Coast have pledged to turn Jeremy Howe into a half forward or wingman in the mould of triple premiership star Jack Gunston.

Those two clubs and a third unidentified Melbourne club will table official offers to Howe by midweek, with his decision based on opportunity rather than money.

He is desperate to play as a mid-sized forward who can maximise his elite repeat sprint ability and strong tank, rather than a high-flying half back.

The uncontracted Demon will leave the club but must choose his destination, with Melbourne likely to receive a mid-20s selection in a trade.

He will return from Bali midweek and assess those official offers, weighing their future prospects with his determination to become an elite player.

story-fnp04d70-1227565201124

The Demons would prefer to do a deal with the Gold Coast given their strong collection of early draft picks after the upcoming departure of Charlie Dixon, Harley Bennell and Zac Smith.

Howe has ruled out playing at Fremantle given he would prefer to remain on the eastern seaboard, close to his Tasmanian parents.

That does not discount the Gold Coast, where he would have a more prominent forward role than at the Roos, who already have a welter of key position forwards.

North Melbourne also believes it can do a deal that would satisfy the Demons despite its picks currently being 15 and 34, neither an ideal swap for Howe.

His manager Ben Niall said on Friday Howe wanted to maximise his talent after five seasons and 80 games at Melbourne.

“Jeremy would be the first to admit that the first hundred games he hasn’t got the best out of himself,” Niall said. “What he’d like to do is make sure, wherever he goes, is that his next hundred games are elite.”
The thing I like about Howe is that he's leaving for opportunity and seems determined to get better and become elite. The most you can ask of a player is that he tries his absolute guts out to get the best out of himself.

Compare him to Aaron Black, who wants to be traded because he can't be ****ed working hard enough to get a best 22 spot. It all just got too hard for Aaron so he's pissing off.

Howe I'd assume wants to leave because he wants success but I like his attitude. Wouldn't be the worst addition.

Howe wasn't injured for half the season that limited mobility. An un-injured Hansen absolutely flogs Howe in terms of defensive or team value.

In a defensive position I'd agree, however Lachy is broken as often as he's right over the journey. What if Brad changes our structure to man on man? I'd back your Avatar against Lachy 1v1. I'm still not trying to get rid of him, I just see more flaws than most.

I think he'll end up at Carlton - relationship with Bolton and guaranteed footy.

Thing is, we need his type desperately, and unless we can land a ready made jet (like we have tried with Motlop and allegedly Bennell) we probably need to take a punt on someone with the skills but hasn't for whatever reason put it together.
Who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the other club doesn't want to take in his entire contract, we are stuck paying the difference.
This is the bit that I reckon sucks. If a bloke wants out fair enough, but why should the previous employer be responsible for the employee contract when he's the one that walks. By leaving, isn't he breaking the conditions of the contract?

Imagine you're contracted for 5years on $200k in a big city, then decide 3 years in you want a sea change, move to the coast and get a new job paying $80k. Do you think yr old employer and would cover the $120k difference?

Does anyone know the history of how this crazy situation evolved? AFLPA?

Edit - sorry just read the similar posts. If he's not walking out and Freo aren't willing to pay, keep him. (Unless it's for Weller).

He's not walking though.

He would be being traded, therefore still owed his current contract amount.

This is the bit that I reckon sucks. If a bloke wants out fair enough, but why should the previous employer be responsible for the employee contract when he's the one that walks. By leaving, isn't he breaking the conditions of the contract?

Imagine you're contracted for 5years on $200k in a big city, then decide 3 years in you want a sea change, move to the coast and get a new job paying $80k. Do you think yr old employer and would cover the $120k difference?

Does anyone know the history of how this crazy situation evolved? AFLPA?

North may or may not be paying Black to play at another club. Four outcomes are possible:
1. North trades Black to another club willing to pick up his salary (perhaps because they think he will improve his performance or because they are giving up less in return)
2. North trade Black and continue to pay part of his salary. Given Black is contracted, I can only imagine the club agreeing to this if they think they are getting a good trade in return
3. Black accepts a lower salary because the opportunity offered by another club (e.g. regular game time, return to WA) is worth more to him than money
4. Given Black is currently getting paid above his performance, no-one may be willing to accept the financial cost of the trade and so Black may stay at Arden Street

On the other hand, Sydney will cough up what it takes when Buddy retires early.
So if Buddy chooses to retire, does his contract get paid out?

Or a mutual agreement reached?

Would it depend if his retirement is due to something like 'workplace' stress? Could he claim that?

The thing I like about Howe is that he's leaving for opportunity and seems determined to get better and become elite. The most you can ask of a player is that he tries his absolute guts out to get the best out of himself.

Compare him to Aaron Black, who wants to be traded because he can't be stuffed working hard enough to get a best 22 spot. It all just got too hard for Aaron so he's pissing off.

Howe I'd assume wants to leave because he wants success but I like his attitude. Wouldn't be the worst addition.
What do you think Black is doing? He would argue he is doing the exact same thing to get the most out of himself.

Edit: that's in fact if he does want to be traded which i doubt.

I think it will be 4) I just don't see anyone offering a good deal to take him on board.
We would be very foolish to do a monster like deal, when he went to the cats. Mind you that actually worked in our favour in hindsight, not so good for him though :(

What do you think Black is doing? He would argue he is doing the exact same thing to get the most out of himself.

Edit: that's in fact if he does want to be traded which i doubt.
Black just doesn't look like he's committed enough to want to become elite, regardless of where he plays.

Also, what makes you say that? R.e. You doubt he wants to be traded.

I always thought that if a contracted player walks then they voluntarily rescind their current contract and then take up the new contract with the new club post-trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back