List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok with it provided we get something else back.......not 41

According to the article at afl.com.au we will then on trade pick 41 or whatever we get to Essendon too. It seems that it doesn't matter what pick we get because we won't keep it anyway. Just a straight swap of pick 15 for Anderson.

For me the glaringly obvious miss was having Barlow go to Freo after having been at Werribee and picking up both Kenndey and Norris with neither now playing AFL.

Although if we recruited Barlow maybe we wouldn't have had the need to recruit Gibson 2 years later, and where would BF be without the ability to whip Gibson every week.

Arjen would have depression.

Please, I was miserable before that fraud tipped me over the edge.

As for Jed, **** it, I want my shiny new toy.

NOW.

I think this is typical media garbage. Theres no way the club is dumb enough to give pick 15 for Anderson. It has to be bullshit.

Can I just confirm - you're not a fan of this deal? Haven't been able to glean it from the 20 posts you've made in the last 3 pages.

Just an example maybe Josh Kelly then. Trade for an A grader not a f****** D grader.
But we're unlikely to be in a position where we can offer what GWS would want for Kelly. You're overrating draft picks. Jed would have been a top 10 pick in his draft year had he not been preselected and a combination of injury and a serious illness has had a serious impact on his development since then. He's still a good player. I find it interesting that you call him a D grader; from everything Ive read and seen he's a b grader with the potential to be a top 5-10 player at the club. Not to mention that when you take into account minutes played and appearances he's produced an almost similar amount to Garner and Garner is certainly not a D grader. I'm of the opinion that Anderson will add more in the short term than an 18 year old taken at 15 while also offering the potential 10 year career that a pick 15 may have.
My guess is the deal goes through.

And Anderson becomes the replacement whipping boy of LA.

Then we can have a new duo of Gibson/Anderson to whine about.

And he hasn't even pulled on a jumper in anger yet.

Welcome to the 2nd circle of hell Jed.
Doubt it mate. I think if we do get him any doubters will be swayed very quickly. Has x-factor talent similar to Garner and Harper from a few years ago. As revealed by someone earlier in the thread (I think Scooby), I love the fact that Wells has spent a bit of time with him and given his approval. That goes a long way in my opinion as Wellsy is a quality person.

I think this is typical media garbage. Theres no way the club is dumb enough to give pick 15 for Anderson. It has to be bullshit.

js17afl_hay_narrowweb__300x444.jpg

He's 21 and is quick on the outside.

What 'type' of player would you be targeting with pick 15 in the draft?

An 18 year old that is quick on the outside?

Serious question, how come he could only get 4 games given the games other players were getting ahead of him and his form in the VFL for Box Hill?

He started the season in the side but lost his place when we were losing every second week.
Then he just couldn't get back in the side. He would dominate a few games at VFL then not play the following week due to injury. He goes in as hard as Lewis but he has a light frame. Injuries held him back and by the time he was fit and firing so was the AFL side and there wasn't really a spot for him as the side was settled and Hartung was playing too well to be dropped.
Then towards the end of the H&A when we were looking to give younger guys games he got injured again. Nothing major, just bash and crash injuries due to the combative way he plays.
Then finals came around and they picked Langford over him and Hartung, we lost badly so they dropped Langford for Hartung, Schoenmakers came in for Gunston and then the only change we made for the rest of the year was Gunston for Hartung. But by that stage of the year it was too late to roll the dice with Anderson.
Jed was unlucky not to play more than he did because injury and circumstance worked against him all year. It's a shame that he can't see that but you're getting a very exciting player.

But we're unlikely to be in a position where we can offer what GWS would want for Kelly. You're overrating draft picks. Jed would have been a top 10 pick in his draft year had he not been preselected and a combination of injury and a serious illness has had a serious impact on his development since then. He's still a good player. I find it interesting that you call him a D grader; from everything Ive read and seen he's a b grader with the potential to be a top 5-10 player at the club. Not to mention that when you take into account minutes played and appearances he's produced an almost similar amount to Garner and Garner is certainly not a D grader. I'm of the opinion that Anderson will add more in the short term than an 18 year old taken at 15 while also offering the potential 10 year career that a pick 15 may have.

Doubt it mate. I think if we do get him any doubters will be swayed very quickly. Has x-factor talent similar to Garner and Harper from a few years ago. As revealed by someone earlier in the thread (I think Scooby), I love the fact that Wells has spent a bit of time with him and given his approval. That goes a long way in my opinion as Wellsy is a quality person.
This is all a matter of opinion but to call him a B grader seriously? You say I over rate draft picks but in actual fact I think draft picks are over rated. I think we know who is the one doing the over rating here when you rate him a B grader.

15 for Anderson and 41 .....hmmmmm

Sounds like its a top of the range price.

Doing the Math it equates to pick 27/28 using the AFL point scale.

I'm leaning towards a yes but would prefer Hawks to take 41 and we get 37

Decision-Making.jpg

He started the season in the side but lost his place when we were losing every second week.
Then he just couldn't get back in the side. He would dominate a few games at VFL then not play the following week due to injury. He goes in as hard as Lewis but he has a light frame. Injuries held him back and by the time he was fit and firing so was the AFL side and there wasn't really a spot for him as the side was settled and Hartung was playing too well to be dropped.
Then towards the end of the H&A when we were looking to give younger guys games he got injured again. Nothing major, just bash and crash injuries due to the combative way he plays.
Then finals came around and they picked Langford over him and Hartung, we lost badly so they dropped Langford for Hartung, Schoenmakers came in for Gunston and then the only change we made for the rest of the year was Gunston for Hartung. But by that stage of the year it was too late to roll the dice with Anderson.
Jed was unlucky not to play more than he did because injury and circumstance worked against him all year. It's a shame that he can't see that but you're getting a very exciting player.

Thanks for the info, I think he has attributes we need, if we can get Wells and Anderson on the park it would probably improve our ball movement somewhat.

I don't mind if we trade our first round pick, it could however place a limitation on us being able to trade a future first round draft pick because you have to use at least 2 of your 4 first round draft picks in a rolling four year period. By trading this pick it would mean we would not be able to offer our 1st pick+2017 first pick the following year for a significant talent if they become available.

That would simply be off the tables if we trade this pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People need to get their head around the fact that pick 15 this year isn't worth as much as in past years , our Premiership window is open so I'm happy to use our picks on players who can have a impact in season 2016 .
If Bastinac is going I hope the club have their eye on someone who is ready to play , Watts is worth a punt .

Anderson is a ready made AFL footballer with speed and skill who's been developed by the club who's won the past 3 premierships and the only thing hampering his AFL game time was injury and friggin pneumonia..

This kid is ready to go, ready to prove a point to the Dawks that he can play, has the same amount of campaigner as Garner and the skills of Boomer.

pick 15 in a shit draft?.. grab the deal and run!

Hawthorn are great at getting what they need, have proven that time and again. Nothing about this deal suggests we are awful at trading. Anderson is contracted and rated highly.

All we are doing is forgoing a draft pick speculation for another rated on perceived talent alone which is not how the benchmark trades at all.

Might not be a bad trade in hindsight but it is a big fat question mark.

If Hawks have anything close to 15, they use it on known quality and not talent speculation. Burgoyne, Lake, Hale, Gibson, Gunston, McEvoy. Closet trade they made on pure talent speculation was O'Rouke. They even backed up Gilham that year with Spangher for an exchange of 4th rounder.

Proof of performance is not good enough, ever, to sway those on BF to change their minds.

Haha that has to be the call of the year!

Anderson is a ready made AFL footballer with speed and skill who's been developed by the club who's won the past 3 premierships and the only thing hampering his AFL game time was injury and friggin pneumonia..

This kid is ready to go, ready to prove a point to the Dawks that he can play, has the same amount of campaigner as Garner and the skills of Boomer.

pick 15 in a shit draft?.. grab the deal and run!
Yeah and f*** up the future of the club in the process, good plan moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back