List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't we have the 4th tallest list in the league or something along those lines?

We have Pendles, Crisp, Wills and Sier who are all 190+ mids and De Goey at 187(?). I think we can affor one or two smaller prospects.

Along with Blair, Greenwood, Adams, Broomhead, Elliott and Fas etc (i know some of those play tall). You add in Daicos and Brown who are sub 178cm. I'm not saying don't draft them rather i DO hope they grow a bit more.

Not many clubs have that many smalls in the 22. That would be 8 of the 22 sub 181.

Along with Blair, Greenwood, Adams, Broomhead, Elliott and Fas etc (i know some of those play tall). You add in Daicos and Brown who are sub 178cm. I'm not saying don't draft them rather i DO hope they grow a bit more.

Not many clubs have that many smalls in the 22. That would be 8 of the 22 sub 181.
Broomy is listed at 184cm.

Think you get my point regardless.
Yep, and I'm hoping they both put on a few cm too. Wouldn't be out of the question for them to keep growing after draft time though. Didn't Moore grow 1 or 2cm last year?

Yep, and I'm hoping they both put on a few cm too. Wouldn't be out of the question for them to keep growing after draft time though. Didn't Moore grow 1 or 2cm last year?

Yeah 2 cm for Moore after being drafted.

No doubt they have room for growth at that age, I'd just like it to be a certainty rather then a hopefully.

Gault will be delisted finally.

Macaffer is struggling at VFL level and will net you a packet of Dave's twisties.

You may get a late pick for other 2, which may help with getting duo F/S. Doubtful they are on the trade block or sort after players.

I think Witts will be traded out for likely a late 1st early 2nd.
What did we give up for Jordan Russell? Pick 70-something? A couple of those would be the absolute maximum

Why is everyone so obsessed with height? Isn't skill and ability far more important. Looking at our team a couple of players with pace and crumbing ability is definitely a need for us, and based on what I've read, Daicos and Brown will bring that.

I mean Cyril Rioli is only 177cm but I don't see anyone bemoaning that fact. For that matter Shane Crawford is 174cm, Michael Long is 178cm, Tony Shaw is a whopping 170cm and Boomer Harvey is 172cm. I could also find plenty more examples if I could be bothered looking For the record I am not saying that either will get to that level (though I'm not saying they won't either) but the point I'm trying to make is that skill, ability, character and work ethic are what determines whether a player will be good or not, not height.

And if height was so important to success explain Gault and Cameron Wood.

Currency would be an issue with those guys. Wouldn't see much hope of getting anything worthwhile for Toovey, McCaffer, White and Gault, who are all a decent chance of getting delisted once their contracts are up. I think the others stay until forced out of the team by younger players
Yeah I know we're not going to get a lot for them individually but it will add up to something if we can trade a few out for later picks which can then be used to trade up in the draft or as sweeteners in other trades. There is some worthwhile currency there. Frost would get us a second rounder perhaps, (we still have Keefe, Reid, Brown, Marsh); Someone would take one or a couple of Blair, Goldsack, White, Toovey, MCaffer for thirds; Witts would get us an early second rounder at the least. These picks would be gold for us and much more valuable to our future than keeping any of these guys for another year or two. Keefe and Thomas should be thrown up too while I'm at it. I really think we need to keep trading guys out because our list still needs a lot of rebuilding and I can't see us getting where we need to go without it. It's a bit early for us to start a conservative approach to list management. This will just condemn us to a longer period in the trough.

Why is everyone so obsessed with height? Isn't skill and ability far more important. Looking at our team a couple of players with pace and crumbing ability is definitely a need for us, and based on what I've read, Daicos and Brown will bring that.

I mean Cyril Rioli is only 177cm but I don't see anyone bemoaning that fact. For that matter Shane Crawford is 174cm, Michael Long is 178cm, Tony Shaw is a whopping 170cm and Boomer Harvey is 172cm. I could also find plenty more examples if I could be bothered looking For the record I am not saying that either will get to that level (though I'm not saying they won't either) but the point I'm trying to make is that skill, ability, character and work ethic are what determines whether a player will be good or not, not height.

And if height was so important to success explain Gault and Cameron Wood.
you're a short guy aren't you:D

ps.. you're right though

Yeah I know we're not going to get a lot for them individually but it will add up to something if we can trade a few out for later picks which can then be used to trade up in the draft or as sweeteners in other trades. There is some worthwhile currency there. Frost would get us a second rounder perhaps, (we still have Keefe, Reid, Brown, Marsh); Someone would take one or a couple of Blair, Goldsack, White, Toovey, MCaffer for thirds; Witts would get us an early second rounder at the least. These picks would be gold for us and much more valuable to our future than keeping any of these guys for another year or two. Keefe and Thomas should be thrown up too while I'm at it. I really think we need to keep trading guys out because our list still needs a lot of rebuilding and I can't see us getting where we need to go without it. It's a bit early for us to start a conservative approach to list management. This will just condemn us to a longer period in the trough.
Blair, Goldsack and Frost perhaps but I don't know who in their right mind would trade for White, Toovey, McCaffer, Keefe and/or Thomas. Surely you'd just take the pick to the draft. I don't necessarily disagree with the principle but your assessments of those guys' value is quite optimistic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But when you combine pace, skills and height you can get something special.

Shortest bloke in the league has been a revelation thus far in 2016 and a meaningful contributor for the doggies.

True but you need to be aware of our list profile.

Well they're unlikely to improve the age profile and in terms of taller mid/utility types we've added Sier, Oxley, Wills, Howe as 190+ types. De Goey and Maynard at that 185-186cm types.

Blair, Goldsack and Frost perhaps but I don't know who in their right mind would trade for White, Toovey, McCaffer, Keefe and/or Thomas. Surely you'd just take the pick to the draft. I don't necessarily disagree with the principle but your assessments of those guys' value is quite optimistic
Toovey and Mcaffer are long shots I know.. I am not optimistic there but I included them for completeness and because you just never know.. we traded a late pick for Jordan Russell. Someone would take a punt on White I reckon. KKP's are a rare commodity and there's always a club in transition or needing depth in an area.. eg when we recruited Lynch.
Why do you think we couldn't get anything for Thomas and Keefe? I am fully expecting them to return to playing and pushing for a senior recall next year... so would other clubs.

Daicos Broke his Hand so out for at Least 6 weeks and Miss the U-18 Champs
Cotton wool for the season and rookie list. Fracture > ligament tear, hand > foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back