List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we know it really is broken? :cool:

Nice chess move Collingwood :thumbsu:

How do we know it really is broken? :cool:

Nice chess move Collingwood :thumbsu:
How could you be so cynical.
The broken hand is a fact; the boy was jinxed as soon as the afl.com.au article upped the hype.
Such a sad state of affairs.

Haha that might be what some people want, but I actually really wanted to see him play at the champs lol.

Might open a Place for Callum Brown to play for Vic Metro.

Daicos was no cerntinty to play for Vic Metro anyway

How could you be so cynical.
The broken hand is a fact; the boy was jinxed as soon as the afl.com.au article upped the hype.
Such a sad state of affairs.

It was a joke......obviously a bad one :$

Yeah so u would risk a top 10 pick the next year for a 2nd rounder??
No, the points will only be taken from the round they are bid on. So if you have no points left and someone bids with there third round pick, then your third round pick next year is the first pick that will be used towards repaying the debt.

Toovey and Mcaffer are long shots I know.. I am not optimistic there but I included them for completeness and because you just never know.. we traded a late pick for Jordan Russell. Someone would take a punt on White I reckon. KKP's are a rare commodity and there's always a club in transition or needing depth in an area.. eg when we recruited Lynch.
Why do you think we couldn't get anything for Thomas and Keefe? I am fully expecting them to return to playing and pushing for a senior recall next year... so would other clubs.
Thomas and Keeffe are much more valuable to us than their trade value, which is miniscule as it currently stands

No, the points will only be taken from the round they are bid on. So if you have no points left and someone bids with there third round pick, then your third round pick next year is the first pick that will be used towards repaying the debt.
But they can be taken from later rounds? E.g. Swans using picks in the 30s to get pick 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that only happens in the year they are drafted.

If you go into the following year its starts from your first pick and moves you down the draft order.

• In order to pay for the player, the Nominating Club’s next available pick move backwards in the draft order to the value of the points required.
• If the points required are greater than the value of the next available pick, the remaining points are subtracted from the Nominating Club’s next selection and so on, until all points are paid.
If a Nominating Club does not have enough points to secure a F/S or Academy selection in a given Draft, the points required will carry over to the Club’s first selection the following year.
In this case, points will be deducted prior to the trade period to ensure the Nominating Club pays it points debt, rather than trades picks away.
Clubs will not be eligible to participate in the bidding system if they still owe points going into the next draft.
http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Father-son-bidding-system.pdf

I see a Brown kicked 9 goals for I think Calder yesterday, is that Callum? if so wow!

That would be Karl Brown Calders KPF.

Kicked 8 in a game last year too.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/55cebd369fdb68016450530a8f9c4599

OPPOSITION defenders must get nervous knowing Karl Brown is lurking inside Calder Cannons’ forward 50.
The injury-plagued attacker has been the TAC Cup’s most lethal goalkicker throughout 2015, slotting 27 goals in seven matches.

56565db19b62f14ae467c075dac992b8

No that only happens in the year they are drafted.

If you go into the following year its starts from your first pick and moves you down the draft order.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Father-son-bidding-system.pdf
I'm pretty sure they clarified this point later on. Here's an article from Emma Quayle backing up my view.

An idiot's guide to the new AFL bidding system
November 17, 2015 - 3:09AM

The AFL bidding system

There's that word again: deficit. Does this mean that a club can continue to match bids if it runs out of points in a draft?

They can, to a point. Clubs that don't have the required number of points to match bids for one or more of their players are able to eat into their points allowance from the following year's draft.

For example, say a club ends up 'owing' 250 points after this year's draft. Those points will be subtracted from their 2016 points balance.

Will the points be subtracted from their first pick?

If that's where the bid they are matching was placed.

Under that scenario, the club's future first pick will be repositioned in the drafted order. Owing 300 points, for instance, would see pick 4 moved to pick 7.

However, if a club runs out of points matching a bid for a player in the third round, the points owed would be subtracted from their future third round selection.

That pick would also then be repositioned in the draft order, according to the DVI.

In the event that a club has traded out the future pick they need to pay back any owed points, the points will be subtracted from their next selection.

If they've brought a future pick back in as a replacement - Brisbane this year traded a future third round pick to Geelong but got one back from North Melbourne - any owed points will be taken from the pick traded in.

I'm pretty sure they clarified this point later on. Here's an article from Emma Quayle backing up my view.

An idiot's guide to the new AFL bidding system
November 17, 2015 - 3:09AM

The AFL bidding system

There's that word again: deficit. Does this mean that a club can continue to match bids if it runs out of points in a draft?

They can, to a point. Clubs that don't have the required number of points to match bids for one or more of their players are able to eat into their points allowance from the following year's draft.

For example, say a club ends up 'owing' 250 points after this year's draft. Those points will be subtracted from their 2016 points balance.

Will the points be subtracted from their first pick?

If that's where the bid they are matching was placed.

Under that scenario, the club's future first pick will be repositioned in the drafted order. Owing 300 points, for instance, would see pick 4 moved to pick 7.

However, if a club runs out of points matching a bid for a player in the third round, the points owed would be subtracted from their future third round selection.

That pick would also then be repositioned in the draft order, according to the DVI.

In the event that a club has traded out the future pick they need to pay back any owed points, the points will be subtracted from their next selection.

If they've brought a future pick back in as a replacement - Brisbane this year traded a future third round pick to Geelong but got one back from North Melbourne - any owed points will be taken from the pick traded in.

Maybe Quayle should of read the "Dummy's guide to new AFL bidding system" instead of the "idiot" version.

Because the Doc I linked is from the AFL not a jurnos article and it's pretty clear in it's description again see below:

"If a Nominating Club does not have enough points to secure a F/S or Academy selection in a given Draft, the points required will carry over to the Club’s first selection the following year."

That is pretty black & white if you ask me.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back