Preview 2016 Grand Final: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redpath played...kicked a crucial goal if I recall. And Adams took Buddy, who kicked 5.4
Parker also kicked 3.2 and then single goals from McVeigh, Hewett and Sinclair. That was before we'd fixed our Buddy-centric attack and we didn't have Papley or X. Richards in. I think our attack is considerably better now than it was then. With McGlynn also back in form it feels like we're very dangerous if the ball hits the deck in our forward 50.

I keep coming here looking at the comments waiting for the one that convinces me we are going to win so I can relax and stop thinking about this all day.

Parker surely would be one of the most inspired. Would always feel the odd one out having only come on as a sub in 2012, putting in a disappointing 2014 and not being able to get himself right for 2015 after the cruel injury, if he doesn’t step up for this one then not sure what other motivation could. Had a good game against Geelong not so much against Adelaide but not through lack of effort. I want to see him push for Norm Smith in a winning side.

McGlynn I have been cheering you for Months and supporting you whenever the negative views have arisen don’t let us down in this one.

Parker also kicked 3.2 and then single goals from McVeigh, Hewett and Sinclair. That was before we'd fixed our Buddy-centric attack and we didn't have Papley or X. Richards in. I think our attack is considerably better now than it was then. With McGlynn also back in form it feels like we're very dangerous if the ball hits the deck in our forward 50.

We had no Papley, no Tippett, no Allir, no Naismith. With those four playing, we appear to be much harder team. Naismith give us the ablity to win centre bounces, Allir the ability to cut off opposition forward foray's, Tippett gives a marking option deep & Papley gives additional hardness in the forward 50 & a goal sneak which can be useful.
We need to stop Johannisen, Libba, Picken & Hunter from getting the ball & use Rampe on Stringer. Stop the run & we will stop the Dogs. Go Bloods!!!

If Aliir doesn't come up then I'd bring Mills in subject to fitness test. Leave the backline as it was when Aliir went down and play Mills on the opposite wing to Heeney. Both are great in the air and exquisite by foot, could be handy in those release kicks down the wing. Can slot back into defence to be that intercept mark if we're under fire. Trying to fit Mcveigh in but just can't think of who to drop..

They have a few handy ins from rhe last game correct ?

OUT: Redpath, Wallis, Webb, Minson, Adams

PROBABLY OUT: Roughead, Suckling, Jong

IN: McLean, Tom Boyd, Dahlhaus, Hamling, Roberts, Zaine Cordy, Dunkley

PROBABLY IN: Campbell

This also basically an in but Johanissen had only just returned from ten weeks on the sidelines and looked super underdone during the round 15 game. From the outs the biggest ones are Adams & Roughead with Suckling being important albeit looking hindered over the last two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on team selection, I wouldn't try and read anything at all into what Longmire says. He'd be keeping his cards very close to his chest.
Would be the first time ever with their media releases...usually publicise matchups, ins and outs, injuries and what they had for breakfast every Monday on the AFL website!

Looking wet , cold and snowy leading up to the game. Last time it was wet cold and snowy.......2012.

OUT: Redpath, Wallis, Webb, Minson, Adams

PROBABLY OUT: Roughead, Suckling, Jong

IN: McLean, Tom Boyd, Dahlhaus, Hamling, Roberts, Zaine Cordy, Dunkley

PROBABLY IN: Campbell

This also basically an in but Johanissen had only just returned from ten weeks on the sidelines and looked super underdone during the round 15 game. From the outs the biggest ones are Adams & Roughead with Suckling being important albeit looking hindered over the last two weeks.
I reckon all 3 will play Jong , rough and suckling
Hasn't rough said he is ready

I reckon all 3 will play Jong , rough and suckling

The bleeding behind the eye is what concerns me about Roughead, his eye was really badly swollen up after the game on Saturday but I suppose if they can confirm that there isn't a burst vessel or anything then the doctors will know best.
With Suckling his experience will be super important but he's been struggling with his achilles for a little longer than just the last two or so weeks, you don't really want to chance him pinging it early on and leaving us down a runner.
I'd love to see Jong play since it would be an insane story for him to go from probably playing his last game in week 1 to being best on in the VFL grand final and having a crack at a seniors flag. I guess the big question is who would he replace though?

Just had a look at the Doggies board, what a bunch of whinging flogs, they have made the granny for the first time in 1000 years and all they can do is whine about who's writing them off, AFL conspiracy etc, whinge whinge flipping whinge! Just enjoy the moment, absolutely pathetic from that mob. The other embarrassing thing is there are more Hawks posters than Dogs posters in the Dogs board being salty over our success.
I for one love this week, win lose or draw having your team involved in this week is awesome! GO BLOODS!!!

Could someone go start some more threads about the Bulldogs on the MB? There's two or three that aren't about them which is unacceptable.
Tuned into Brownlow medal count,sickening 360 Fricking Dogs worship everywhere. Is there another team playing? Yes it is Sydney Swans!! We can win this but i have serious doubts that the umpires will give us a fair go!

The bleeding behind the eye is what concerns me about Roughead, his eye was really badly swollen up after the game on Saturday but I suppose if they can confirm that there isn't a burst vessel or anything then the doctors will know best.
With Suckling his experience will be super important but he's been struggling with his achilles for a little longer than just the last two or so weeks, you don't really want to chance him pinging it early on and leaving us down a runner.
I'd love to see Jong play since it would be an insane story for him to go from probably playing his last game in week 1 to being best on in the VFL grand final and having a crack at a seniors flag. I guess the big question is who would he replace though?
who do you think will miss mate for Jong and suckling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back