Preview 2016 Grand Final: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm supremely confident we'll get the job done handily.

Too many guys looking to atone for 2014, too ferocious, too much class. I reckon we could blow them away early and just keep going.

Doggies will have their day but they're going to have to lose one before they win one.

Can we keep a list of annoying phrases this week

Ill start a list

1- brave
2- something special brewing
3- cinderella story
4- got there the hard way
5- if there is a footy god
6- bobs knee, tragic, family, rascal

"Fairy tale" has Bobbed up a lot, pardon the pun!

As a loooong term Swans supporter I'm obviously a big fan of fairytales after a massive drought, but one step at a time please! ..
They need a 1996-like GF loss first after their long preliminary drought is now over.

Fair's fair - 2014 still needs amending & answered to for the belief & continuation of the bloods culture. Glad Kirkys around.

Cinderella's in trouble this Saturday.

Been reading the paper and watching TV to try and find out who the Bulldogs are playing in GF... After much digging found out it was the other Sydney team...

Congrats!
Really?
Do you have a source?
We are loving it. They can have the media spotlight and we will have the flag.

Only some of us are loving it.... the rest of us are not it! It's our grand final week too and we are just being shut out all together!

I get that they can't introduce us to the 'fairytale' because... well no, I don't get it. It's just crazy and its wrong... :huh::mad: Why would they ignore us? Some of these shows are supposed to be reputable, informed commentaries on the game... and apparently only one team is playing! Very frustrating!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only some of us are loving it.... the rest of us are not it! It's our grand final week too and we are just being shut out all together!

I get that they can't introduce us to the 'fairytale' because... well no, I don't get it. It's just crazy and its wrong... :huh::mad: Why would they ignore us? Some of these shows are supposed to be reputable, informed commentaries on the game... and apparently only one team is playing! Very frustrating!

We all feel your pain, I think it's a symptom of hawthorn's 3peat. People just want a fresh face on the podium.

I don't mind being out of the spotlight, just gives us an opportunity to focus on preparing and go into the game switched on.

All the sympathy going to the Dogs will soften them up.

I agree!

Its taken a whole new level of stupid, while some might be fine with ignoring all this crap there are many including kids, who want to the enjoy their team being in the GF but cant because basically there is no coverage at all except injury news.

Instead we get what basically it would feel like if this was WA or SA in what is "suppose" to be the heartland of the game.

And the rubbish parochial crap..i mean putting up signs that say "Do it for Victoria" like this is some state vs state thing.

Always about competing with other cities down here, if its not Sydney its Adelaide and its only Adelaide who gets upset, but then again anyone would when you are contently being insulted all the time.

I really think we will smash them, I am really relaxed and confident we will by at least 10 goals in the end. But that wont stop Ch 7 showing images of Beveridge with tears streaming down his face and ch 7 acting like its a wake.

Last edited:
We all feel your pain, I think it's a symptom of hawthorn's 3peat. People just want a fresh face on the podium.

I don't mind being out of the spotlight, just gives us an opportunity to focus on preparing and go into the game switched on.

All the sympathy going to the Dogs will soften them up.

Yeah, I know... but that's the team itself. However, grand final week is about the fans too... and there are 50,000 of us being shut out! I know that all of you are carrying 2014 around with you, but I'm not. I think that having happened once, it will be held up to every team that makes the finals for evermore as a warning. Imo, it definitely won't happen to us this year. We may lose, a possibility not a probability imo, but it won't be from lack of trying...

Anyway, I'm going to try to let it go... I don't want to diss the doggies, cause I reckon they've done well to get here, but I don't believe that they or anyone else are good enough to beat us if we bring our best game!

The media played the same game with us in 2014 and it was always going to end badly.

Reminds me of my U16 team. Undefeated all year and so confident we sang songs on the bus all the way to the ground. We got smashed.

Best to relax.
Watch the circus.
Then smash the smile off their faces and enjoy the post GF party.

Yeah, I know... but that's the team itself. However, grand final week is about the fans too... and there are 50,000 of us being shut out! I know that all of you are carrying 2014 around with you, but I'm not. I think that having happened once, it will be held up to every team that makes the finals for evermore as a warning. Imo, it definitely won't happen to us this year. We may lose, a possibility not a probability imo, but it won't be from lack of trying...

Anyway, I'm going to try to let it go... I don't want to diss the doggies, cause I reckon they've done well to get here, but I don't believe that they or anyone else are good enough to beat us if we bring our best game!

Fair point. There's nothing like the build up to the gf where the media put your much-loved players up on a pedestal and really pump them up.

I just console myself with the thought that our fairytale story will be told once we lift the cup. We'll get a few stories about our team.

Although, if we win and l hear a bunch of Bravedogs crap dominating the media after the gf I think I'll throw my TV out the window.

The bleeding behind the eye is what concerns me about Roughead, his eye was really badly swollen up after the game on Saturday but I suppose if they can confirm that there isn't a burst vessel or anything then the doctors will know best.
With Suckling his experience will be super important but he's been struggling with his achilles for a little longer than just the last two or so weeks, you don't really want to chance him pinging it early on and leaving us down a runner.
I'd love to see Jong play since it would be an insane story for him to go from probably playing his last game in week 1 to being best on in the VFL grand final and having a crack at a seniors flag. I guess the big question is who would he replace though?
It will be the fairy tale cherry on the fairy tale cake in Jong gets a game before he leaves the most downtrodden mob of mendicants in history to play for the scum next year

Fair point. There's nothing like the build up to the gf where the media put your much-loved players up on a pedestal and really pump them up.

I just console myself with the thought that our fairytale story will be told once we lift the cup. We'll get a few stories about our team.

Although, if we win and l hear a bunch of Bravedogs crap dominating the media after the gf I think I'll throw my TV out the window.

That's what I'm afraid of... No matter how well we do, they will still steal our limelight!

Rohan. Sretchered off. 2 weeks later Granny

McGlynn playing for his first flag in possibly his last game.

Aliir Aliir (hopefully)

Buddy fighting back from mental health issues.

Papley...plumber off the rookie list

Heeney...kid from Newcastle.

Most of the team...redemption for 2014.

Yeah. Nothing to see here. Go #braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back