Preview 2016 Grand Final: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope that there's a bravery worm throughout the broadcast, so we can see how brave both teams are?

Will there be a half time interview with Bob Murphy's knee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're putting too much stock in the first quarter. Yeah we have to be on but the first quarter will mean nothing if we're only a few goals up at HT or 3QT
If we get starts like we did against Adelaide and Geelong that will be devastating to their confidence. They'll be chasing all day and they will defnitely come back at us but if they can't get back within four goals they'll get frustrated and off their game. I think the start, like every grand final, is crucial.

If we get starts like we did against Adelaide and Geelong that will be devastating to their confidence. They'll be chasing all day and they will defnitely come back at us but if they can't get back within four goals they'll get frustrated and off their game. I think the start, like every grand final, is crucial.

Yeah of course. I'm just saying the boys have to go full throttle to the final siren. Bulldogs relish coming from behind

The first quarter will not be decisive, unless it is similar to Geelong and the Crows. In both those games, the other three quarters were relatively even overall, but we had the break and could afford to sit back, take our chances and make our opposition chase the game. If the same happens tomorrow, there will only be one result in my opinion from there, as long as we don't slack off and think it is won.

What we need is not to have a bad start. As long as we are within a couple of kicks at absolute worst by quarter time, but have some players up and about, then I'll be happy. What we don't want is 2014 - where it all went wrong from about mid way through the first quarter. Of course if we are behind/level at quarter time, the Doggies will well and truly be up and about and the crowd will be with them.

I'd love us to blow them away early like we have, but as long as we are in the game at quarter time, then I'll be confident that we can get the job done.

I know aren't they. Let's hope the guys are using their arrogance and the one sided celebrations as motivation to kick their butts. We really to get off to a good start to make sure that we silence the MSG crowd.

All credit to the dogs if the cockiness turns into a wonderful performance tomorrow and they win the flag. But we have sat back, without anywhere near the media attention all week, with the focus just on getting the job done. That will leave us in good stead for having the minds on the job, not thinking already about the Premiership celebrations, as many dogs fans are, as though tomorrow is just a tick a box job for them.

Bring on the #sobrave bambis, the evil empire Swannies are awaiting!

Some more comfort for those of us with a statistical bent:
http://maxbarry.com/squiggle/

A win tomorrow would, on that measure anyone, be likely to send the 2016 Swans down as our greatest Premiership team of the modern era. Better defence than 2005 (indeed the best ever in the Squiggle time period), better attack than 2012.

Now I know that Grand Finals aren't played on paper, but if the boys come out and are anywhere near the best, that suggests there will be only one result tomorrow!

Carn the Swannies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back