2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken moving the goal posts, hilarious!!

Never give up slogan now doesn't mean we won't give up on this quarter or match, it's about not giving up on what we're doing.
So you're now excused and allowed to give up in games? Yeah? No?

:oops:

Port are a circus. They used it all at first to pick themselves up from the gutter, now it's just a laughable gimmick.

I must say I have enjoyed the home grounds in the AFL being coloured and themed on the home teams.
Good to see tonights game at Shanghai Stadium was no different with the Chinese signage around the oval a lot of the game.

Oh dear - now we're redefining never giving up.

That's gold dust
Was an amazing bit of spin - apparently the never ever give up doesn't actually relate to the game itself.

According to Rooch, port are better than Adelaide at everything except playing footy. Geez, Afc have all their priorities wrong playing attractive winning brand of footy at the expense of all the Hollywood stuff that would keep any decent president celebrity in the news where he belongs. ;)

That's because the novelty of Adelaide Oval has brought in a huge amount of casual supporters. The challenge for them is retaining these people once the novelty wears off, Koch is starting to run out of gimmics to keep drawing the people through the gates and if they keep serving up putrid performances the crowds will continue to drop.

Well they should have time in September so next gimmick could be free show bags and bonus free tickets to the pig racing.

What's wrong with a club booing a player that left them for another team?

That seems a lot different to anything that happened with Goodes. Not sure what he had ever done, other than be outspoken about race.
I agree with most of what u say.....
My post is more of an observation at the way The Swans as an organisation,fans included approached that situation.
The fact that Jetta is indigenous and the stigma with that!

Port are in a world of trouble. Not even worth bothering with.

I was at the game. The players don't care and Kern is a hack coach.

Ken clearly doesn't have the answer. He's tactically inept, too stubborn and put too much faith into players would shouldn't be on the list.

Keeping Tom Logan on the list too long as well as the retention of Butcher, Paul Stewart, Kane Mitchell etc have all left me convinced that he's just way too stubborn to let go of things that clearly aren't working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci will tear them apart, i can assure them of that. I bet he will start being anti-ken
One thing rooch does well is smell blood on a victim...

Was an amazing bit of spin - apparently the never ever give up doesn't actually relate to the game itself.

According to Rooch, port are better than Adelaide at everything except playing footy. Geez, Afc have all their priorities wrong playing attractive winning brand of footy at the expense of all the Hollywood stuff that would keep any decent president celebrity in the news where he belongs. ;)

I think Ken has just totally disenfranchised himself from the club and essentially anything he says can only be taken as spin. The supporters wont tolerate that. 5aa this week will be awesome

Michael Voss: Ken, I know you're worried about consistency but you can fix that up in one trade period. We were a bit inconsistent in my early coaching days up at the Lions. Then I brought in Fevola, Staker, Buchanan, Xavier Clarke... inconsistency was never a problem again.

Yeah apparently their members would rather be part of a club like Port than a team like Adelaide

Really?? Care to ask them again right now you twit?

Somehow this ANZAC round didn't turn out to be as exciting as I expected. Apart from last night, we didn't get any tight and good games today. All games won by > 6 goals. Heres hoping for Melb-Rich and Ess-Coll to provide some entertainment.

Yeah apparently their members would rather be part of a club like Port than a team like Adelaide

Really?? Care to ask them again right now you twit?

The problem is they don't understand the spin on the spin which makes the original spin incomprehensible ;)

Hinkley admitted port have poor depth to bring in replacements.

They have spent up big on both Ryder & Dixon... When they need as many picks as possible to bring in young talent.
They brought in Stewart against Essendon, played poorly and dropped him. He didn't play last week and they brought him back in, that's how bad their depth is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back