List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Inner Sanctum Thread. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Lions more than keen to move Rocky on.

Pick 10 & Temps/Webster for Rocky & Gardiner, I know thats is in our Favour,
but if they really want him gone think we would be half chance.

Yes i know all the talk about him being a dick, but lets be honest we said the same things about Carlisle.
2nd chance might be just what he needs, would not have been much fun at the loins the last couple of years.

So Steele, Marchbank, Pick 10, free agent defender plus Carlisle would be great, (likely Longer gone and possibly pick 10 downgraded to later teens pick) but still that would be nice additions to the list wouldn't it?

We will all be on it by the time trade week ends

Easy solution....lets just bloody make finals next year so we don't have so many weeks of this drawn out crap!!!

There's talk on a few boards from decent 'in the know' posters that Hawthorn are unable to satisfy both GCS for O'Meara and Sydney for Mitchell and will likely have to pass on one. St Kilda apparently still in the discussions with Mitchell and Hawthorn may have a preference for O'Meara.

If that is the case. I imagine your club would also need to choose between Mitchell and Steele, or could be lucky and get both (not sure how you would pay). Either way, looks like you are in a good position to grab one of the available.

ps. Membrey is a beast.

I would love to sit down and verbally destroy you as to why the whole 'drugs are illegal' is the biggest load of shit in the entire world.
Do you drink alcohol? Because world wide alcohol kills more people and causes more mental illness than 'illegal' drugs do. Don't even get me started on prescription drugs either. Why are they not illegal? Because of health benefits? Kinda like how science has proven THC has many benefits too but remains illegal? Yeh, drugs are bad. Get stuffed, people are bad.

Anyway.
Jack Steele, trades, woo.
The russell brand docos changed my mind on drugs. Something definitely has to change.

There's talk on a few boards from decent 'in the know' posters that Hawthorn are unable to satisfy both GCS for O'Meara and Sydney for Mitchell and will likely have to pass on one. St Kilda apparently still in the discussions with Mitchell and Hawthorn may have a preference for O'Meara.

If that is the case. I imagine your club would also need to choose between Mitchell and Steele, or could be lucky and get both (not sure how you would pay). Either way, looks like you are in a good position to grab one of the available.

ps. Membrey is a beast.
Would Mitchell even be keen on coming here though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ps. Membrey is a beast.

If mitchell and steele were to both nominate us it wouldn't be an issue.
We'd offer pick 10 to Sydney (with steak knives back our way i dunno?)
We'd move billy longer on for at least a 2nd rounder to get steele.
May even get steele with next years 2nd?

However it happened, we'd be able to shuffle things around pretty easily.

Both guys are out of contract so we wouldn't have to pay overs for them trade wise, just market rates which we can easily accomodate.

Sydney and GWS have both been pretty good trade partners with us over the years. I'd back us to get a deal done if both wanted to become Saints. Mitchell still seems like a long shot, though.

So the conversation has once again turned to Steele, Marchbank, and Mitchell.

Good lets all talk footy.

Two out of those three would be excellent.

Carlisle into the 22 with the likes of White, Minch, Rice and hopefully Freeman pushing for a seniors gig.

Add Steele or Mitchell straight into seniors or Marchbank pushing for selection.

That looks to me a likely finals contender in 2017

Would Mitchell even be keen on coming here though?

Mitchell gives the vibe of money hungry. I think most clubs know this, CFC apparently has spoken with him (as most clubs would) and the feedback is it was more to drive up his value elsewhere. Fair chance he'll nominate Hawthorn all things considered.

A Marchbank Steele combo however would be worth your pick 10, imo. Two players who have demonstrated they can contribute at AFL level. I'd probably give up our pick 5 for that and maybe Stewart thrown in as our forward line can't exactly suck anymore than it currently does.

Good luck. Let's hope in the coming years we can shake up the boring Sydney/Geelong/Hawthorn grand final replays.

What do the top 4 have in a common? Have superstars and a lot of depth in the midfield. We really need to lift our list quality in that area to be any chance of premiership success. Just looking at our midfield at the moment, 9th was probably a indication of where our midfield is at.

ps. Membrey is a beast.
Why would we have to choose between the two? We had to front load contracts just to get up to 95% of the cap. We have two first Roy d picks and a second round pick as well as a good ruckman to use for trades. Can't see it being a problem. Doubt we get Mitchell though, but not because we can't satisfy him or the Swans.

Maybe the "something else" MG was speaking of yeaterday, in regards to trading Longer, is that it helps us get a deal done that we're not even aware of yet.

Hmm... if Mitchell wants to come here, Longer to Port and Hartlett to Swans - throw a few extra picks/players around and there's a deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back