List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Inner Sanctum Thread. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if we could get all three if we let go of pick 10, Longer and our 2nd next year?

Those 3 plus Carlisle means barring a Bulldogs 2016 style of injury run we plauy finals next year and give it a good shake. We still keep our 2017 1st for something good and/or go hard for OOC/free agents in 2017 to get us top 4 and the chance to get to the Big Dance again

Lets try to get players that are gettable. Mitchell and Marchbank aren't gettable.

What makes you say they are 100% not gettable? Admittedly both are unlikely but no harm in trying Plugger.

Unfortunately this board doesn't try to get them. The club would have inquired and then they would have moved on to more gettable targets. Marchbank has already said he wants to go to Carlton.

Unfortunately this board doesn't try to get them. The club would have inquired and then they would have moved on to more gettable targets. Marchbank has already said he wants to go to Carlton.
I think he said his "preference" was Carlton. Speaking with a manager last week about this very topic, he told me that there's always a plan B as a deal can't always get done.

I'd reckon Marchbank is not really in a position to force the issue if Carlton aren't willing to pay what he's worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he said his "preference" was Carlton. Speaking with a manager last week about this very topic, he told me that there's always a plan B as a deal cabt always get done.

I'd reckon Marchbank is not really in a position to force the issue if Carlton aren't willing to pay what he's worth.

How many players don't get where they want to go? When was the last? He will get there. They will do a deal

How many players don't get where they want to go? When was the last? He will get there. They will do a deal
He went pick 6 2 years ago so if Carlton won't give up their first rounder it won't get done.

Do you think Tom Boyd gets to the Bulldogs if they refused to give up their first rounder?

He went pick 6 2 years ago so if Carlton won't give up their first rounder it won't get done.

Do you think Tom Boyd gets to the Bulldogs if they refused to give up their first rounder?
Does that mean Bokhurst is worth a late first rounder ?
They reached hard for Marchbank

Second and steaks goes close

Look at you coffee snobs. I'll drink the $1 7-Eleven shit if I've got to, you do what you have to to get that caffeine hit.
Get off the milk coffee altogether. Have lost 11 kgs in just over 2 months, with a diet but also completely giving away milk based coffee.
Bloody flying. Looking at 1.50 for tbe half marathon next month.

All good for an old bastard.

People seem to think we could use a 2nd rounder next year worst case for Steele which is about right so we could give up pick 10 for Mitchell which to me seems fair - how about you as a neutral - would that be a fair trade?

I see Steele as fitting anywhere between 18-25. Steele has all the attributes but has no opportunity. GWS know clubs like ours (in need of a midfield depth and stars) will give up more than most. I can't see you providing them a player they would care about and they would rather get rid of some.

I think anyone trading with GWS needs to do package deals, Marchbank and Steele being an obvious one. Make the most of it now as these opportunities will diminish over the next 2 years. Particularly if they bring in a model like Geelong and Hawks where each player receives similar moneys in return they have all the players and premierships to go with it.

Does that mean Bokhurst is worth a late first rounder ?
They reached hard for Marchbank

Second and steaks goes close
Boakhurst is junk, Marchbank would be in demand on the open market.

What steak knives would Carlton have that GWS would want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back