List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Inner Sanctum Thread. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good eye, reckon he's worth putting some feelers out to

Hes not resigned? I wonder why... Is he looking for a link back home to S.A., a little home sick maybe. There doesnt really seem like another reason for it, unless he is pissed he hasn't had a go at AFL level.

I like him in his draft year, really good hands, really athletic, moves and kicks well from memory. He is a bit same samey with Carlisle, but is slimmer and more of a runner than HugoG... Nice pick!

He would have to want to leave though, North look to be ready for a full rebuild and would want to retain all younger players for talent.
I'd approach him the same sort of way that we approached Laverde. Offer him $100k more than North and talk up his chances of getting senior game time next year. If he agrees to come over, great. If he doesn't, we haven't lost anything by trying. He's from the Mallee, so while he'd be closer to home at an Adelaide club, he wouldn't exactly be returning home.

I'd approach him the same sort of way that we approached Laverde. Offer him $100k more than North and talk up his chances of getting senior game time next year. If he agrees to come over, great. If he doesn't, we haven't lost anything by trying. He's from the Mallee, so while he'd be closer to home at an Adelaide club, he wouldn't exactly be returning home.
Leaving a club after 2 years and not playing a game.
That would create some uproar.
Same thing happend with Freeman I guess

Even though clubs that win flags usually play for less than their true value and clubs that lose usually have players wanting their true value.

Bonuses for premiership success also have to be factored in... and they are usually rolled over in the following seasons TPP. This is why you occasionally see a player or 2 tipped out the season following a flag.

GWS' cap is tight now... a flag will really push them into dangerous territory TPP wise (even with their likely player losses).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to back plugger here. We need to run our own race, gws winning isn't going to help us. I agree that if anything it will solidify their group and they will realise they have the chance to be a part of a great side.

Regardless, they are the benchmark that we need to be aiming at. Poaching players that can't make their team may help a bit but it won't be the be all and end all.

Leaving a club after 2 years and not playing a game.
That would create some uproar.
Same thing happend with Freeman I guess
It's very unlikely to happen, and I'd say that North view him as a very important part of their future, but you have to wonder why he still isn't signed a month out from trade week.

It's very unlikely to happen, and I'd say that North view him as a very important part of their future, but you have to wonder why he still isn't signed a month out from trade week.
True
Their pursuit of finals means they haven't bothered to play their talented kids, this will change next year.
He doesn't have much value at this stage don't know why they'd trade

Bonuses for premiership success also have to be factored in... and they are usually rolled over in the following seasons TPP. This is why you occasionally see a player or 2 tipped out the season following a flag.

GWS' cap is tight now... a flag will really push them into dangerous territory TPP wise (even with their likely player losses).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my understand clubs now only do bonus for individual awards.

Stab in the dark... but Hawks would have had 5-7 potential All Australians at the start of any given flag year?

GWS about 25? As in, spread those 25 out over other teams and they'd be within a chance on potential.

You'd think alongside the premiership box to tick, premo talent would have always considered carving out legendary status for themselves somewhere.

There can only be so many in a starting 18.

There's a slight difference between Nigel Lappin playing 3rd/4th fiddle to Black, Voss, etc, and 10 first round draft picks gunning for a position on the Giants bench.

Stab in the dark... but Hawks would have had 5-7 potential All Australians at the start of any given flag year?

GWS about 25? As in, spread those 25 out over other teams and they'd be within a chance on potential.

You'd think alongside the premiership box to tick, premo talent would have always considered carving out legendary status for themselves somewhere.

There can only be so many in a starting 18.

There's a slight difference between Nigel Lappin playing 3rd/4th fiddle to Black, Voss, etc, and 10 first round draft picks gunning for a position on the Giants bench.
Exactly right. Most get this as there has never been a ream with 28 first round picks playing in a non footy state for a franchise club.
But apparently because it has never happened before that it will never happen.
Everything always stays the same, until it changes

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly right. Most get this as there has never been a ream with 28 first round picks playing in a non footy state for a franchise club.
But apparently because it has never happened before that it will never happen.
Everything always stays the same, until it changes

Yep it certainly could happen but winning or losing the flag has nothing to do with anything said there. I won on the race JB so all is good. I never normally win so it didn't actually happen.

I think it could definitely make it easier to squeeze one or two of the best out of GWS if they were to win a flag this year or next (when so much of their top-end talent's current contracts expire), as their salary cap will continue to shrink, while more of them will want bigger contracts and if they've won a flag it could definitely be a case of "job done, lets go home and make lots more money" for one or two of them.

Most of them will probably be happy to stay for a lot less than they could get elsewhere and try to create a dynasty, but just like how Ablett and Buddy were happy to leave Geelong and Hawthorn when they could have stayed and won more flags there, I could definitely see one or two at least being happy to leave GWS if they have a flag and are able to come home and make a stack more money and have a crack at a flag with a Melbourne club.

We don't need their whole list to want out, just one or two.

The main ones I'd be offering really big contracts to are Shiel, Kelly and Hopper (not as big as the other two obviously, but plenty bigger than someone his age would normally get).

Last edited:
Yep it certainly could happen but winning or losing the flag has nothing to do with anything said there. I won on the race JB so all is good. I never normally win so it didn't actually happen.
You dont know that. It is only your opinion and you opinion is based on historical precedent without taking into account the unique circumstances.

Can it happen? It is a possibility that an open mind may consider after weighing up the available facts.

Will it happen. Nobody can answer that. Certainly you or I

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a bit more on the Tom Mitchell and Seb comparison from last night and how Mitchell averages more than 50% more contested possies than Seb this year, Mitch got 19 contested possies in last night's prelim, which would widen that gap even more.

The only time Seb has had more than 12 CP's in a game was when he had 16 against Essendon (and their mostly VFL/junior team- minus Watson, Heppell, Hocking, etc), the first time we played them this year, so Mitch would definitely bring something to the table that we are lacking at the moment.

Like Seb, he can also play a defensive/tagging type role, while still getting a lot of the ball himself, which just makes him that bit more valuable.

How could anyone support GWS in the Finals. It looks like they will get up to 4 first round picks in this year's draft. If they win this year's grand final they will win 4 in a row, I don't think there will be lots of love then, but I'm sure there membership could reach 10,000 by 2020.

How could anyone support GWS in the Finals. It looks like they will get up to 4 first round picks in this year's draft. If they win this year's grand final they will win 4 in a row, I don't think there will be lots of love then, but I'm sure there membership could reach 10,000 by 2020.
I think the sooner they start winning them and turning it into a joke of a "competition", the sooner the AFL will start to do something about it, like they did when they took Sydney's COLA off them and banned them from trading, after they took the piss by landing Buddy.

Last edited:
I probably get too emotionally attached to the players, but there's not a lot with value I would want to trade...

I would trade: Armitage (despite him being a potential skipper), Longer and even Webster.
Been thinking about Armo for a while .
If we could get a teen first rounder from GC I think I would take it .
If Steele comes next yeAr and another mid at draft table there are a few ahead of him .

I suspect those that are saying "If GWS wins the flag it could lead to the exit of Vic-born players" do so coz they are hearing that, more than likely, fed from player managers rather than just pulling it out of thin-air.
If it is a 50-50 call then surely that swings the odds in favour of it being true.

I'm on the GWS bandwagon.

They won't win 4 in a row.

Just a bit more on the Tom Mitchell and Seb comparison from last night and how Mitchell averages more than 50% more contested possies than Seb this year, Mitch got 19 contested possies in last night's prelim, which would widen that gap even more.

The only time Seb has had more than 12 CP's in a game was when he had 16 against Essendon (and their mostly VFL/junior team- minus Watson, Heppell, Hocking, etc), the first time we played them this year, so Mitch would definitely bring something to the table that we are lacking at the moment.

Like Seb, he can also play a defensive/tagging type role, while still getting a lot of the ball himself, which just makes him that bit more valuable.

Seb plays the Jordan Lewis style role. Strong body and presence for a link up style player. Remember vs the Cats when he got a hospital handball on the wing, the Geelong player smashed into him from behind (could word that better) and Seb didn't move a millimeter.

Definitely a better play maker by foot. Crafty with his handballs, but not usually emerging from the centre of a pack like Mitchell.

Acres, Mitchell, Ross, Steven is a great mix.

Seb plays the Jordan Lewis style role. Strong body and presence for a link up style player. Remember vs the Cats when he got a hospital handball on the wing, the Geelong player smashed into him from behind (could word that better) and Seb didn't move a millimeter.

Definitely a better play maker by foot. Crafty with his handballs, but not usually emerging from the centre of a pack like Mitchell.

Acres, Mitchell, Ross, Steven is a great mix.
He's more an link mid but he can crack in when he needs to.
See Billings as similar in a couple years or hopefully next

Ive backed 2 out of 2 and I can assure you that doesn't happen. Like Big Memory in the next so if you have a brain don't back it. I'm not getting 3 in a row.
I'm on Mr Epic. I have an unraced 3yr old gelding by Husson, so I follow them a lot. Mr Epic is a big chance if he can get on the right leg around the bend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back