Not open for further replies.
Ellis wouldn't run Kelly into the wall.

Kelly
3km - 9.32
Beep Test - 15.1

Ellis
3km - 10.32
Beep Test - 15.4

Plus Kelly has a much better repeat sprint time.

Also GWS have Whitfield and Scully who play that hard running outside role.

Kelly is a silky jet. Within 3 years will win a Brownlow and be in the top 2 or 3 mids in game. B Ellis is a solid citizen. Suck shit Melbourne, Tyson and Salem certainly do not amount to Kelly.

"Followers: 2,190"
original.jpg

No offence but I cannot stand it when supporters accuse a player of being soft, soft people wouldn't be playing a contact sport like football, much like many of the airmchair critics in the comfort of their home thinking they are in a place to judge whether an AFL player is soft or not.
That sucks that you cannot stand it but it's fact so deal with it

Wells is 30.

Also before we go all out to get Marchbank, does anyone know if he's actually any good?Ditto Steele.
They have to be good, they are part of the GWS 4 billion top 30 picks

For the right coach and team Brandon Ellis is a weapon. The only other player that plays outside at a level near him at GWS is Josh Kelly. The difference is Brandon could run him into the wall.

Brando has been annoying to watch recently but I wouldn't doubt his ability to make a good team better with the right gameplan.
Scully?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the right coach and team Brandon Ellis is a weapon. The only other player that plays outside at a level near him at GWS is Josh Kelly. The difference is Brandon could run him into the wall.

Brando has been annoying to watch recently but I wouldn't doubt his ability to make a good team better with the right gameplan.

Josh Kelly is one of the fittest at GWS. If not the fittest. Saw something a few months back in relation to it. He is just an all round gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have to be good, they are part of the GWS 4 billion top 30 picks
Most had Marchbank going mid teens. I know phantoms and blah blah blah, but only GWS would of taken him where they did as he was good and fit a big need for KPP's. Debatable whether we should give up to much for him just because he was a high draft pick for GWS with no exposed form.

Kicks at AFL average (75%), it's probably his weakest attribute but Ellis finds space like no one else in our team

Yep. Finds heaps of space, reminds me of Nick Maxwell when he used to heavily tag that blade of grass on the 'G.

That sucks that you cannot stand it but it's fact so deal with it

Ok, well let's just forget abiut Ellis for a minute.

Football is a tough game right? Tackles, bumps and the potential to get injured. Now why would someone who is soft CHOOSE to play such a game? To me soft, in this context means you are scared to get hurt and you are telling me Ellis would have made it to the highest level, first round pick if he was soft??

There's many reasons some players may appear soft

- maybe they lack confidence
- maybe they are prone to injury and overly cautious
- maybe some fans just have slightly unrealistic expectations and believe every player sjould be like jonathonbbrown

I just don't believe anyone would want to play a contact sport if they were as you say "as soft as butter"

It's a kind of sport that takes some toughness to want to play.

Of course some players are tougher and more prone to take risks than others, I won't deny that.

Some players are more risk averse I won't deny that.

But soft is harsh.

Ellis wouldn't run Kelly into the wall.

Kelly
3km - 9.32
Beep Test - 15.1

Ellis
3km - 10.32
Beep Test - 15.4

Plus Kelly has a much better repeat sprint time.

Also GWS have Whitfield and Scully who play that hard running outside role.

I'm glad someone is on top of things. This is exactly what I was referring too a few posts up. Josh Kelly is much quicker than BEllis. Will be a Brownlow contender next year.

Josh Kelly is one of the fittest at GWS. If not the fittest. Saw something a few months back in relation to it. He is just an all round gun.

Way behind Whitfield fitness stakes.Bet Kelly can't outrun Asada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back