List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's all about perspective.

A marshmallow is soft compared to a walnut.

A piece of toilet paper is soft compared to a marshmallow.

And BEllis is soft compared to a good midfielder.

Big word to remember.........perspective.

I disagree. Which is why I always wipe with marshmallows rather than rough old toilet paper

Nafan desperate to save his skin
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...-retirement/mevft2jsz9es1d2olcx506240/slide/2

Chris Mayne, Ivan Maric, Nick Dal Santo – it’s desperation time for Nathan Buckley who has been told flat out that results must come from early next year.

With ‘Bucks’ surviving (yes, the Rover got that one wrong) despite the Pies going backwards in each of his five years at the helm, we can only conclude he’s a master of Powerpoint presentations, but selling sob stories on injuries and a developing list can only save you for so long.

After paying the earth for Adam Treloar, Collingwood has no high draft choices left to trade, and will be selling players to get more picks in to raise the points required for father-son recruits Callum Brown and Josh Daicos.

This leaves Buckley with no choice but to go after guys like Maric and Dal Santo and at the same time as paying over-market value for free-agent Mayne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nafan desperate to save his skin
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...-retirement/mevft2jsz9es1d2olcx506240/slide/2

Chris Mayne, Ivan Maric, Nick Dal Santo – it’s desperation time for Nathan Buckley who has been told flat out that results must come from early next year.

With ‘Bucks’ surviving (yes, the Rover got that one wrong) despite the Pies going backwards in each of his five years at the helm, we can only conclude he’s a master of Powerpoint presentations, but selling sob stories on injuries and a developing list can only save you for so long.

After paying the earth for Adam Treloar, Collingwood has no high draft choices left to trade, and will be selling players to get more picks in to raise the points required for father-son recruits Callum Brown and Josh Daicos.

This leaves Buckley with no choice but to go after guys like Maric and Dal Santo and at the same time as paying over-market value for free-agent Mayne.
This makes me so happy. Collingwood are getting desperate and recruiting has-beens will set them back a fair way. What's even more satisfying is that the treloar deal has been a cause of the position they're in :D

P
Let's face it, it won't be possible to improve our list to the point where we are competitive with gws any time in the next 4 years based on the sheer volume of talent they have and the cost of bringing established talent from other clubs to support what already exists at punt road, so for shits and giggles I've had a crack at what we could hypothetically achieve if we undertook the most ballsy list regeneration in modern afl history...

Trade Rance to Brisbane in return for pick 2 & 20

Trade Cotchin to Gold Coast for Prestia & pick 8

Trade Martin to GWS for Marchbank & pick 7

Trade Deledio to Sydney for pick 16 & Nankervis

Trade Riewoldt to Bulldogs for pick 13 and next years 1st

Get pick 25 as comp for vickery

Trade Lennon to Carlton for Pick 23

Conca to Freo for pick 39

Trade Brandon Ellis to Essendon for pick 19

Trade Titch to Hawthorn for pick 34

Delist the remaining uncontracted players and hit the draft with:

Picks 2,6,7,8,13,16,19,20,23,25,34,39,42 + Prestia & Marchbank & an extra 1st rounder for next year.

14 picks inside 42 plus we still have Vlastuin, Rioli, Markov, Short, Castagna, Ellis, Menadue & Drummond as young talent on the list. Invest in development and we might actually have a chance in 2021/22.

Right now I'd take this strategy & some serious thumpings in the next 24 months than maintaining the status quo and finishing 6-12th for the next 10 years...

I don't mind this strategy although I would prefer it to be over 2 years and 2 drafts to minimise the carnage and having a crack at the top end talent in both years.

It's bold and it's the only way to cleanse the culture and start again, sure we might get thrashed but didn't we get thrashed this year with our existing squad.

Hodge yes. Bartel no. Jimmy is cooked unfortunately.

Player coaches is okay, we are not in contention anyway and their leadership will be invaluable particularly if the likes of Lids leave!

Bartel and Hodge would be great for Will Brodies development!!

With Bartel and Hodge new assistant coaches it will be terrific!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back