List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massively talented, albeit on the short side (178cm), so clubs with a chance of getting him will ideally be hoping he grows an inch or three by the time his draft comes around in 14 months time.

Fantastic skills, good defensively, quick, serious x-factor.

Just from watching him I get the impression he's got quite a high opinion of himself though, so I'd be interested to hear how he interviews and what clubs think of him in that sort of regard.
Yeah like buddy dont want him

You'll wet yourself if we get Cam, because his contested to uncontested ratio is meant to be off the charts.

Even when he's only having 23 disposal games he'll still have 14 contested (to go with 5 shots for goal, a bunch of tackles and a couple of contested marks).

Imagine how many he'll get if he builds his tank up to the point where he's able to play midfield for 80% of his ground time!

Dunstan , 7 and 8 , For pick 1, Rockliff and Pick 18. Make it happen.

You'll wet yourself if we get Cam, because his contested to uncontested ratio is meant to be off the charts.

Even when he's only having 23 disposal games he'll still have 14 contested (to go with 5 shots for goal, a bunch of tackles and a couple of contested marks).

Imagine how many he'll get if he builds his tank up to the point where he's able to play midfield for 80% of his ground time!

Exactly what we need to replace one of the tough looking seagulls we have in the middle.

Dunstan , 7 and 8 , For pick 1, Rockliff and Pick 18. Make it happen.

Why would we give up so much for pick one and 18? Lions would still have pick 2 because Rocky is FA and would get compo there and they won't take Rayner if they have pick one anyway. It's a win for the to lose Rocky and get pick 2 because they still get the player they want with a pick 2 but then get 7 and 8 to use on gun kids. They would be very happy to upgrade 18 and 1 into 7 and 8 and swap Rocky for Dow who will develop with their current crop of high level talent.

We would literally be giving them Dunstan for free.

Isnt a 13 beep test on a very low level?
Didnt Battle get over 13? And that was considered low for a forward.
I struggle to fathom how the number 1 mid in the draft can only do a 13 beep.
Why didnt he get a proffesional trainer to improve?

Guys,

Rayner's beep test was not 13. It was 11.1.

Dusty was miles ahead of Rayner at the same age in terms of endurance.

Guys,

Rayner's beep test was not 13. It was 11.1.

Dusty was miles ahead of Rayner at the same age in terms of endurance.

exactly

the big problem i've noticed with punters observations of a draft is that their hottest prospect is always the one that draws the most similarities to the most in vogue AFL players

right now that is dustin martin. before that it was fyfe. before that it was judd. etc. rinse and repeat for the talls

that ends up meaning people over estimate the kids ability

exactly

the big problem i've noticed with punters observations of a draft is that their hottest prospect is always the one that draws the most similarities to the most in vogue AFL players

right now that is dustin martin. before that it was fyfe. before that it was judd. etc. rinse and repeat for the talls

that ends up meaning people over estimate the kids ability

Yeh. imo, i dont think there is any chance that Rayner can become a full time midfielder like Dusty does. Or even midfielder that rests up forward. He will be an extremely good medium forward that can play bursts through the midfield on occasions.

Yeh. imo, i dont think there is any chance that Rayner can become a full time midfielder like Dusty does. Or even midfielder that rests up forward. He will be an extremely good medium forward that can play bursts through the midfield on occasions.

i feel petracca was a better prospect in his draft year which is why i think the top end of this draft a rung below some of the recent ones

the depth in this draft is also an issue

where i do think this draft has a really good side to it is in the KPD stocks

i feel petracca was a better prospect in his draft year which is why i think the top end of this draft a rung below some of the recent ones

the depth in this draft is also an issue

where i do think this draft has a really good side to it is in the KPD stocks

Yeh, i think Petracca is a good comparison. Better than Dusty. Rayner does one or two fend offs and all of a sudden he's the next Dustin Martin, as if that's all there is to his game.

I think you guys will get two good players with those two picks. Im surprised to read suggestions of trading up into the top 1-2 picks. If anything, this is the draft to trade down from those spots into that 5-10 range. The top 10 is quite even imo

Yeh, i think Petracca is a good comparison. Better than Dusty. Rayner does one or two fend offs and all of a sudden he's the next Dustin Martin, as if that's all there is to his game.

I think you guys will get two good players with those two picks. Im surprised to read suggestions of trading up into the top 1-2 picks. If anything, this is the draft to trade down from those spots into that 5-10 range. The top 10 is quite even imo

i agree, i would rather the two picks we have than just 1 pick

tbh i think powell-pepper could be a better prospect than rayner

the problem we have is that we want mids. we deliberately traded out of a good draft last year to target genuine elite match winning mids and i feel if we go to the draft with both of these picks then we will be going for poorer midfield prospects than what was on offer last year, plus taking on the 1 year of delayed development

if we do use both picks i would down trade one, to get an early 2nd to use on liam ryan. use the first we still have on naughton or stephenson. use the other first we get back from the down trade on the best available, someone like taylor could still be available or ainsworth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well leave him alone then. Hope we don't have a pick inside the top 20. Can only mean something good.

agree with you on the picks

the strategy and the whole reason for trading out of last years draft was to bring in ready made elite midfield talent

if we still have the picks then somethings gone wrong

having said that a stephenson/naughton plus a liam ryan and one other would have me pretty damn happy with the outcome

Is Charlie Thompson the son of Andrew Thompson, ex saint player and club director, or son of Grant Thomas, ex saint player and coach?
Facepalm

This is up there with the USA sports commentator asking if Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde were related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back