2017 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine, the top 3 is pretty clear cut now.

Stephenson
Dow
Rayner

If Rockliff actually left and got us pick 2, I'd be pretty bloody happy with a draft of:

1.Dow
2. Stephenson
12. Worpel
18. Ballenden/Other

Whilst I'd love it if we managed to get pick 2 for Rockliff, the fact no one wanted him last year, gives me great doubts that anyone is going to be giving him the massive pay packet we'd need for us to get the highest compo.

I think we're more likely to get an End of first round pick.

But that's exactly my point. Why has he got "Go home" issues more than anyone else we draft?

I think it was Brett Anderson who suggested it. There are also rumours that he enjoys partying too much.

Has his post championship form been that good? Can't remember hearing about him for a while.

I think it was Brett Anderson who suggested it. There are also rumours that he enjoys partying too much.

Has his post championship form been that good? Can't remember hearing about him for a while.
Like those ones about Darling.

I hear Ballenden is a heroin addict and any club looking at him should be close to a methodone clinic. St Kilda front runners

Cerra is highly rated by the club. Don't know if they rate Stephenson higher than Cerra at this stage. Could very well do. Pick 1+2 would be a great help to taking us up the ladder in 2020+

Worpel I'm not as high on as others.

Sounds like the club could be interested in as many as 5 draftees with our first pick Dow, Stephenson, Cerra, LDU and Rayner would all appeal. You'd think that would make the Fremantle pick very appealing to target as an upgrade for 12+18.

Potentially landing a second pick in the zone would be a great outcome.

Sounds like the club could be interested in as many as 5 draftees with our first pick Dow, Stephenson, Cerra, LDU and Rayner would all appeal. You'd think that would make the Fremantle pick very appealing to target as an upgrade for 12+18.

Potentially landing a second pick in the zone would be a great outcome.

Dare to dream. If Rocky leaves for a big payday on top of that trade we'd be looking at 1,2 and 5.

Firstly, Rocky won't go for enough money to warrant the pick 2 compo.

Would have previously agreed with you but I think that's up debate now. Biggest FA left on the market, potential cap space opened with the new CBAs and a few of the teams reputed to be interested are at the tail end of the 8 and could be willing to spend a little extra in the hopes it gets them closer to the next step.

Regardless, where are you getting pick 5 from?

The post to which I was responding. Our 12 + 18 to Fremantle for 5.

Still nice to dream though but can't see us getting anything as juicy as that. Pick 1, 12 and 18 will do me just fine.

Oh no doubt. That's a big win, even if 12 ends up paying for Ballenden that'll do us nicely. I just think there's a slim chance we get a good pick for Rocky (More than happy to keep him though) and the Ballenden factor means we should explore move as many of our post 10 picks up to get a player and pay for him with points. No harm in dreaming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I'd love it if we managed to get pick 2 for Rockliff, the fact no one wanted him last year, gives me great doubts that anyone is going to be giving him the massive pay packet we'd need for us to get the highest compo.

I think Rocky has managed to get back a bit of respect this year, not just at the Brisbane footy club, but the wider AFL community. Coaches and players have been singing his praises for his professional attitude. IMO his currency has gone up in 2017 and there will be multiple clubs interested in acquiring his services.

Like those ones about Darling.

I hear Ballenden is a heroin addict and any club looking at him should be close to a methodone clinic. St Kilda front runners

You've overlooked the well known "night club incident". Way worse than Darling's.

Plus the illegitimate daughter from a bulk groupie thing [oh sorry, wrong code].

And then there's the dodgy knee a la Joel Selwood. Total coverup.

But surely if the coin being offered only gets us 18, we just match don't we?

But surely if the coin being offered only gets us 18, we just match don't we?
I just want uniacke been watching a couple of vids I know that doesn't mean a great deal to peeps but fast big and clean beneath his knees we don't have anyone like him

Whilst I'd love it if we managed to get pick 2 for Rockliff, the fact no one wanted him last year, gives me great doubts that anyone is going to be giving him the massive pay packet we'd need for us to get the hig
For mine, the top 3 is pretty clear cut now.

Stephenson
Dow
Rayner

If Rockliff actually left and got us pick 2, I'd be pretty bloody happy with a draft of:

1.Dow
2. Stephenson
12. Worpel
18. Ballenden/Other
Even tho UDL almost singlehandedly as reported on AFL.com helped DaNDY get across the line from 50 points down against Stephensons Eastern team to knock them out of the finals. A one off? Big stage performer? Having said that he apparently had a poor carnival.

Even tho UDL almost singlehandedly as reported on AFL.com helped DaNDY get across the line from 50 points down against Stephensons Eastern team to knock them out of the finals. A one off? Big stage performer? Having said that he apparently had a poor carnival.

LDU's showing was encouraging. It was the best game he's played. Moves to 4th in my rankings.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back