Preview 2018 1st Semi Final: Hawthorn v Melbourne, 14 September 2018, 7.50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that we didn't bring in another midfielder. With Duryea back in, is it time to finally unleash Burton into the guts?
Can people just stop with this crap!
Burton does NOT have the attributes to become a mid. He has zero spatial awareness with heavy traffic around him and isn’t the bravest when it comes to heavy contact. He will never be a mid.

Really confusing selections last 2 weeks.

We go in tall last week with 2 rucks in the wet. Was never going to be an advantage.

This week we don't replace JOM despite knowing we have shallow mid field depth as it is (despite our second best midfielder being out!). Nash stays. Duryea and Mirra aren't confidence provoking. Think Brand would have been the better choice.

Straight sets.
Oh well, about right considering
I love the positive around here. It’s so uplifting.
We got 3 players in that will give their all tomorrow night not back away from a contest.

Schoey is a great kick and applies more around the ground than Ceglar of recent.

Mirra often composed.

Duryea, you can tell he gives 100% and as long as he is switched on he’s a good player.

Yeah we got a couple good players out but we are a team. 1 soldier out. Another 1 in. Remember that philosophy. Seems to have been forgotten by our fans but I ensure you that Clarko hasn’t let it been forgotten within the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So obviously, the knee is such a problem that it’s bad enough to miss a final. This is why I’m never over excited about jom. Just can’t afford to be.

Surely Cousins is a late inclusion. Worpel and Howe need to have massive games inside now. Burgoyne in the guts full time.
What a famous victory this will be if we win

Interesting that we didn't bring in another midfielder. With Duryea back in, is it time to finally unleash Burton into the guts?

Do we have another midfielder though? I mean VFL game on Sunday makes it hard for options. Maybe Roughy will spend more time in the middle with Nash and Schoey fulltime forward.

Horrible ins.. lost all confidence.
What happened to Jaeger that would force him out of an elimination final? Supporters left in the dark again! We will be smashed inside by their mids.. Why wouldn’t you bring another mid to help in the engine room? Cousins was fantastic for Box Hill..

And why on earth would you go back to Duryea? No composure.. makes crucial errors in big moments - you can’t even play him as a defensive forward- he has no goal sense or ability to finish opportunities..Miles has done the job beautifully in the back half of the year, give him a chance!!

Mirra is inexperienced and doesn’t have the height to play on a weidrman or McDonald like Brand does.. who’s gonna cover their talls other than Frawley??

Really hope Clarko has a plan.. a 4th straight finals loss would hurt

So obviously, the knee is such a problem that it’s bad enough to miss a final. This is why I’m never over excited about jom. Just can’t afford to be.

You obviously have good knees to be jumping to these conclusions.

Its his good knee FWIW.

With these 3 in's at least we will get a better draft pick after this weeks game.

We can still win tomorrow, but seriously don't know how Dureya has leapfrogged Miles.

Hopefully we can all be proven wrong, but some head scratching selections.

Didn't O'Meara train in full today? Why is he out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back