Game Day 2018 DRAFT - Christmas is early this year

How do you rate our draft this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously like the look of our 1st 3 players
They will go through the midfield.
They look to have composure, good decision making, elite kicking (looks a bit like Hawthorn qualities)
Combine them with Sloane, Gibbs, Greenwood, Crouch, Crouch, Milera, Gallucci.

I’m pretty stoked with our dealings. If Hamill was always going to be our pick 21, then trading down for what is essentially Carlton’s second round pick in return, means our initial deal with Carlton essentially just becomes a first round pick swap. That’s sensational.
You missed the point of my post. It was just the irony of it all.

Oh and The Carlton swap can only be realised in 12 months so I am happy to hold off on that one.

How anyone could be upset with the players we picked up and the trades we made is beyond me, we knocked it out of the park!
Because most havent seen them play.

Good runners with tackle pressure and great skills..... god they sound awful

judging from that shot of scott maybe we've nicked him from geelong?

was it this one?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and The Carlton swap can only be realised in 12 months so I am happy to hold off on that one.
True, but the odds is that they will finish bottom 4 and us top 4 at this stage but anything can happened, we can get another season with the amount of injuries we suffered as this year. But even so with a much favourable draw, I still expect us to make the 8 if we suffered that amount of injuries as this year where we just missed out on the 8 with a tougher draw.

And I think Carlton only did the trade as the player they really wanted was still there and they probably didn't think GWS would have done that trade with Carlton's 2019 2nd rounder, which was a very strange trade from GWS, 4 spots downgrade in this year's draft but get an early 2nd rounder next year.

I got it. But the reality is that the SA talent was either too good and out of our reach or not quite good enough for our subsequent picks (according to our recruiters). We’ve made the most of our situation and set ourselves up beautifully for next years draft on top of selecting some great talent this year.

Obviously the trade with Carlton might not pay off, but there’s a damn good chance it does... and then some. But yes, as with all drafts, we won’t know for years whether or not it was a successful one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2018 DRAFT - Christmas is early this year

Back