News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Crouch is close to the best player in the squad. Matt is also good, but his only advantages over his brother are; "Is injured less often," and "can beat Brad to the ball"

That being said, if they came to us with an offer of 1&2 for both Crouchs and Greenwood (with something even going back their way), i'd take it in a heartbeat! :)
Rowell and Anderson are both inner Melbourne based Private School Boys and history shows they are the draftees most likely to head home at the very first opportunity. The Crouches are Vic Country lads the least likely to head home. Keep that in front of mind even though there is no chance of what you suggest happening on this occasion. If it's even close to line ball I'm taking a Vic Country kid over a Vic Metro kid especially if he's a Melbourne Private School boy every time.

Last edited:
Rowell and Anderson are both inner Melbourne based Private School Boys and history shows they are the draftees most likely to head home at the very first opportunity. The Crouches are Vic Country lads the least likely to head home. Keep that in front of mind even though there is no chance of what you suggest happening on this occasion. If it's even close to line ball I'm taking a Vic Country kid over a Vic Metro kid especially if he's a Melbourne Private School boy.
But Rowell and Anderson are new. And shiny.

So, according to rumours and gossip, 80% of our Brownlow table last night is leaving the AFC. LOL.

I'd say definitely 20%, with a very, very, very outside chance of 40%.

For all those wanting to give Brad Crouch away for peanuts, look at what GWS got from Essendon for Shiel. And that was on the back of it being well known that GWS needed to free up salary cap space. And with Dodoro huffing and puffing and storming out of meetings. I'd much rather Brad Crouch over Dylan Shiel.
Don’t think anyone is suggesting he go for peanuts. Everything I’ve read this morning has been quite the opposite.

I think most would prefer to keep Brad, but also see it as a strategic opportunity to cash in pretty big and be a key transaction in resetting the list.

I find it curious, even convenient, that GC has emerged as the chief suitor. Of all clubs, they would hold more of what we would want than any other.

Hypothetical for people:
1. Take pick 4 to the draft
2. Trade pick 4 for Luko
3. Trade pick 4 for Grundy

I'm going option 1 and hoping to get the other two next year when our next Vic boy decides to leave

Rowell and Anderson are both inner Melbourne based Private School Boys and history shows they are the draftees most likely to head home at the very first opportunity. The Crouches are Vic Country lads the least likely to head home. Keep that in front of mind even though there is no chance of what you suggest happening on this occasion. If it's even close to line ball I'm taking a Vic Country kid over a Vic Metro kid especially if he's a Melbourne Private School boy.
Well put and this has to be a primary concern for any interstate club.

It’s why the PP solution is so short sighted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think anyone is suggesting he go for peanuts. Everything I’ve read this morning has been quite the opposite.

I think most would prefer to keep Brad, but also see it as a strategic opportunity to cash in pretty big and be a key transaction in resetting the list.

I find it curious, even convenient, that GC has emerged as the chief suitor. Of all clubs, they would hold more of what we would want than any other.
Someone posted pick 14 and a second. That's peanuts.

Crouch to gold coast is the best bit of news ive heard in the last 2 years about our club.
This is the sort of trade we need to making to set our club up going forward.

If the rumour is true of BC to the GC....the question I have is how do GC meet his contract under the cap? As Caro said last year, they are right on the edge, so I struggle (sort of AFL assistance) to understand how he can get there and not push them over the line.

I think the most likely approach from GC is Greenwood and CEY for their priority pick..which (if it involves this trade) is pick 2, if not involving the Crows end of first round...

The other interesting one for me is Betts. Again, he is a contracted player. I think we should be demanding a 2nd round pick. Honestly, what have we go to lose? We are following the SOS playbook after all. If they dont accept, fine, Eddie plays in the SANFL for the year...

Basically, time for the Crows to harden up on the negotiation front.

Geez sorry must have missed that one!!!
If Tim Watson is the major source of this "rumour" Brad to the GCS I personally wouldn't be putting a whole lot of stock in it just yet. I'm thinking that on the basis that Brad only in recent times changed Management to the new kids on the block Gary Winter's W Sports and Media and I just don't see Watson having too many "ins" there like he would with the bigger Management conglomerates that have been around for ages.

Gil on SEN saying 'industry wide support for helping GC' when questioned about the priority pick. There wasn't much discussion at the commission meeting about whether they should get it or not.

Decision will be announced on Monday to give the GF some 'clean air'

Well, that's that. The end of trading future picks. Why the f*** would you trade for a future pick when the AFL goes and changes it just before you can use it

AFL are a JOKE!
I wonder how much of this "industry wide support" was on the back of Gil chatting to people who were shitfaced at the Brownlow last night ?? Convenient timing.

If Tim Watson is the major source of this "rumour" Brad to the GCS I personally wouldn't be putting a whole lot of stock in it just yet. I'm thinking that on the basis that Brad only in recent times changed Management to the new kids on the block Gary Winter's W Sports and Media and I just don't see Watson having too many "ins" there like he would with the bigger Management conglomerates that have been around for ages.
Garry’s brother is my accountant, I should hit him up

I wonder how much of this "industry wide support" was on the back of Gil chatting to people who were s**tfaced at the Brownlow last night ?? Convenient timing.
Nah mate the AFL Commission always have a meeting in Melbourne the day of the Brownlow where the AFL Executive put their agenda in front of them to be yayed or nayed. It was very strongly rumoured that the priority pick to the Suns was the prime recommendation from the Executive on the agenda weeks out from the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back