No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

Because he is loyal to his team?

Because if he stays he instantly becomes a millionaire?

Think we need to get over the fact that some players choose someone other than Hawthorn, regardless of past support etc
Yeah its a bit rich.

He is sticking with the team who drafted him, he doesnt owe us shit.

Could be disappointed with him for numerous reasons like his promised he will play for the hawks and gone back on his word. Who knows but I wouldn’t just have a go at tops connection. We don’t know the reason for sure use are just assuming

Yeah its a bit rich.

He is sticking with the team who drafted him, he doesnt owe us s**t.

While never suggesting he owes us a thing, the whole “sticking to the team who drafted him” doesn’t carry much weight when he was the consensus number 1 pick, and any club would’ve picked him.

Edmunds this morning said he had spoken to Sydney and they have categorically said that Papley will not be going anywhere

Sydney are playing hard ball but Tom is confident that he’ll get to Carlton.
He wants to be back in Melb
Nth offered more but Carlton is his choice

I dont know what Carlton can offer Sydney though. They don’t currently have much in the way of picks

While never suggesting he owes us a thing, the whole “sticking to the team who drafted him” doesn’t carry much weight when he was the consensus number 1 pick, and any club would’ve picked him.
Regardless. He shouldn't be slagged off for wanting to stay at gws.

But its true a lot of us dont know the whole story....

Bemused by anyone eschewing the services of players like Elliot.

You just know That Clarko’s answer would be ‘get him’. He’s got injury history but he’s exactly the type of player who can give us a shot at the flag and will cost us nothing.

Again like Coniglio etc we’ll be lucky to land a top-liner like him

W/ Whitfield, **** it, Why be dissapointed? If he wanted a fresh start more then happy to take him. However deciding to stay with his club should be applauded as well. He's had his issues and given GWS some headaches, hes come good after that so no ill feelings towards him

Elliot is a under-rated player, that injury history tells me to stay away however

Elliot is a under-rated player, that injury history tells me to stay away however
Stay away in what capacity? He costs nothing in terms of a trade, we have a load of cap space. Besides, we can just offer a front ended-contract with performance-based triggers for more money/years in future.

The other thing is: he’s not injured now. We’re getting him in finals footy condition, ushered into the hands of competition’s best medical and high performance team. It’s a sweet deal, I hope we get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be disappointed with him for numerous reasons like his promised he will play for the hawks and gone back on his word. Who knows but I wouldn’t just have a go at tops connection. We don’t know the reason for sure use are just assuming
Doesn’t really matter. I respect Whitfield playing where he wants to play. All on this board have a go at Cochrane for whingeing about the O’Meara trade. Let players decide what’s best for their footy, I say.

Don’t forget in terms of that cohort we’ve made off with one of the very few players rated higher than Whitfield. We kind of made our bed a little bit. I still think Jaeger will get to that standard

For anyone who isn’t sold on Sam Frost, go and watch his individual highlights from their last game against North. I’m more excited about Frost than Patton, I think he will bring a lot to our backline.

He does some very exciting things defensively and his kicking is actually not as bad as people say. His decision making can be suspect at times but I think he is very capable of fixing that, given that his kicking technique is fine and he has lots of penetration. His ability to impact contests is elite. A lot to work with that’s for sure.

*For those who don’t know how to find his highlights: AFL app > stats > search “sam frost” > click on highlights from rd 23 > click on the “extended” button > watch every single thing he did during the game*

Last edited:
Has Elliot announced anything or is that today(Friday)?
hasn't announced anything.

Not that we've nailed free agency at any point but I reckon if someone is coming to us it will be an early announcement.

Clubs with departing players want the compo pick sorted early so they can add it to the deck to trade with

For anyone who isn’t sold on Sam Frost, go and watch his individual highlights from their last game against North. I’m more excited about Frost than Patton, I think he will bring a lot to our backline.

He does some very exciting things defensively and his kicking is actually not as bad as people say. His decision making can be suspect at times but I think he is very capable of fixing that, given that his kicking technique is fine and he has lots of penetration. His ability to impact contests is elite.

*For those who don’t know how to find his highlights: AFL app > stats > search “sam frost” > click on highlights from rd 23 > click on the “extended” button > watch every single thing he did during the game*
I think Frost and Patton are both great pick ups but not because I think they're great players, I just think they'll make the players around them great.

As good as Timbo was late in the season we can't have him as a KPF all season. He'll get worked out, bumped off, abused and burnt out. With Patton in the team it gives Mitch Lewis and TOB licence (and responsibility) to roam.

At the other end Frost doesn't need to get any better. If he can lock down it opens the door for Sicily to be intercept playmaker. No player in the league has his combo of intercept marking and kicking.

We just need this to happen in the midfield. O'Meara in 2019 suffered from the same thing Sicily did - the need to play defensively as a priority. This is why I would be happy with a B+ level mid. If Wingard, Mitchell and O'Meara can focus on being playmakers instead of play stoppers we will be a completely different team.

If the club can manage to pull off a king move that shakes up the list then great. Let's do it. But given we have Mitchell coming back in, we are only three chess pieces from top 4 and we've already got 2 of them lined up.

As good as Timbo was late in the season we can't have him as a KPF all season. He'll get worked out, bumped off, abused and burnt out. With Patton in the team it gives Mitch Lewis and TOB licence (and responsibility) to roam.

I agree with this. Our forward line late season with a trio of mobile talls with pace, athleticism and marking ability looked really good. We had a few of the best defences in the league look really troubled with how to stop it.

Why didn’t Chip get to this contest? Hope it’s addressed on day one of pre-season.
The ball is going in the other direction. Patton is throwing it to stratton he forgot what team he was on. Chip knew this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back