List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The papers saying we are now going for Ryder , surely we can get a player who is not always under a injury cloud.
Might as well get Sandilands
Would be the perfect get. Won't cost much, a good leader by all reports and also very durable to the contrary.

We only have 1 real ruckman and that is Marshall. He goes down and we have absolutely no one to be back up. Get Ryder cheap as he can play forward and ruck and then get a developing younger ruck from the draft.

Ryder can provide a big marking forward target since we like to bomb in long every single time. This will also allowing Bruce to play permanently forward instead of pinch hitting in the ruck while Marshall has a breather allowing us to still have 2 marking forwards.

Good question.. and many will have different views. Personally, I’m in the King corner. KPP of that quality are in short supply.. history will tell us this. Midfielders are more readily available, whether through draft or trade. King + King does more off the field also. Sends a real message to members and opposition.

Why can't we get any then? We have heard the same thing for 10 years, we built a spine with Paddy and Hugh and are still searching for those mids.

It's funny how every other club in the AFL stockpiles midfield talent and we have an aversion to them.

I fee like hill might be close to finished by the time the king boys are making a meaningful impact on games of footy - likely 3-4+ years away.

If we do go down the path of a second young monster KP player we may be better off building via the draft and take a FA where we can, rather than spending early picks on a 26 year old.

Yep, it's a bit of a start over if we go King, it puts the time frame back out to probably 2023 for finals etc. It will cost two firsts so means we don't have FR picks next 2 and have to hope we get internal improvement. Start through the draft in 2022 on mids and hope we get guys like Clark and Bytel come on in the meantime.

Why can't we get any then? We have heard the same thing for 10 years, we built a spine with Paddy and Hugh and are still searching for those mids.

It's funny how every other club in the AFL stockpiles midfield talent and we have an aversion to them.
Not quite sure we built the spine with those two.. we tried. But maybe because that spine didn't come on, no mids were attracted to a bottom 4 club?

Only thing with Ryder is it makes us very tall. Membrey Bruce King all likely to be in the forwardline. Add to that one of Ryder/Marshall and it’s top heavy.

That said, I still think I like the move to get him. Can see him and Marshall having a good partnership. Who knows what happens with injury and form.

Not quite sure we built the spine with those two.. we tried. But maybe because that spine didn't come on, no mids were attracted to a bottom 4 club?

Pretty hard to make an impact without mids though. We should have drafted them if we can't buy them.

Pretty hard to make an impact without mids though. We should have drafted them if we can't buy them.
Talking about mids , we have signed on Dunstan however we plan on acquiring a Crouch and a Constable and knowing Steele is a lock with Ross what becomes of Dunstan when we have Gresham , Hunter Clark and most probably Bytel looking at time in the middle.
And that is not even looking at a fit Steven and Hannebery

There’s no perfect answer. We need the best available of everything.. but only a handful will ever eventuate. It just so happens, we might have the best luck in years, where a gun mid in Hill and a gun young KPP in King might nominate us with a year of each other. Just be happy son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about mids , we have signed on Dunstan however we plan on acquiring a Crouch and a Constable and knowing Steele is a lock with Ross what becomes of Dunstan when we have Gresham , Hunter Clark and most probably Bytel looking at time in the middle.
And that is not even looking at a fit Steven and Hannebery
Crouch & Constable likelihood - probably low
Bytel - yet to play
Steven - unlikely at the club
Hannebery - is known to have 6 weeks off when he is rested, after being re-built

Everything going perfectly, maybe Dunstan has to force his way into the seniors via the VFL, but on this year's showing he is comfortably best 22 if you forget his last match.

He's currently our best contested ball and clearance player. Be mad to move him on before having a better option.

There’s no perfect answer. We need the best available of everything.. but only a handful will ever eventuate. It just so happens, we might have the best luck in years, where a gun mid in Hill and a gun young KPP in King might nominate us with a year of each other. Just be happy son.

We have to pay for them is the only issue. Hill makes perfect sense, King I'm not sure about. I'd like him but not at the expense of the midfield getting better. I'd rather keep the pick/s for a mid like Crouch or Wines.

Freo trade Langdon to Melbourne for Pick 20(Currently) and then do the Hill trade with us and if we do give up Pick5,we ask for P20 to go with Hill.
5, 55 & Acres -> Hill, 20 & 25
Stuv -> Constable
Newnes -> 37 (FA Compo Band 4)
2020 1st & 20 -> Bing

Lol how could Chol possibly be a FA?
New rules apparently

"Under new rules, a player who previously moved as a free agent, is coming out of contract and has not been at their new club for eight years now qualifies for unrestricted free agency."

We have to pay for them is the only issue. Hill makes perfect sense, King I'm not sure about. I'd like him but not at the expense of the midfield getting better. I'd rather keep the pick/s for a mid like Crouch or Wines.
I was once like you are now and I know that it's not easy, to be calm when you've found something going on.
But take your time, think a lot, think of everything you've got. For you will still be here tomorrow but your dreams may not.

Crouch & Constable likelihood - probably low
Bytel - yet to play
Steven - unlikely at the club
Hannebery - is known to have 6 weeks off when he is rested, after being re-built

Everything going perfectly, maybe Dunstan has to force his way into the seniors via the VFL, but on this year's showing he is comfortably best 22 if you forget his last match.

He's currently our best contested ball and clearance player. Be mad to move him on before having a better option.
Midfield is our Achilles heel , we can't run with the same again this year - Marshall -yes , Steele -yes , Dunstan ? , Ross ?

I just feel we need to go all out on Brad Crouch or Wines //// watching a midfielder not picking up one possession in the first quarter against Carlton should of been the final straw for Dunstan , don't get me wrong he has played some very good games , but we need player who produces week in week out , not dropped to the 2s through the season every year.

If we can't pick up a guy we want Hunter Clark and Gresham have to become the first options - Dunstan only to be used if needed.

Only thing with Ryder is it makes us very tall. Membrey Bruce King all likely to be in the forwardline. Add to that one of Ryder/Marshall and it’s top heavy.

That said, I still think I like the move to get him. Can see him and Marshall having a good partnership. Who knows what happens with injury and form.

Top heavy in height, but normally if you are top heavy it means you aren't doing enough at ground level.
Traditionally a top heavy team would have too many guys who would go for the mark, then walk away from it, but Bruce and Membrey both play very nicely at ground level and we know that Marshall plays like a tall mid, so i don't think its an issue. ( King looks pretty agile too ).

New rules apparently

"Under new rules, a player who previously moved as a free agent, is coming out of contract and has not been at their new club for eight years now qualifies for unrestricted free agency."

If we even interview Thomas i'll vomit.
Scott Selwood probably good for a team like Hawthorn to have as depth. ( or Geelong ).

Top heavy in height, but normally if you are top heavy it means you aren't doing enough at ground level.
Traditionally a top heavy team would have too many guys who would go for the mark, then walk away from it, but Bruce and Membrey both play very nicely at ground level and we know that Marshall plays like a tall mid, so i don't think its an issue. ( King looks pretty agile too ).
Yeah I don’t disagree. I think it could work. Membrey is such an underrated footballer. Constantly see some people say that he plays tall while others say he plays short. He pretty clearly does both. Another 45 goal season in a team missing the eight. If he played in a quality team he would kick a lot of goals. If he didn’t have to take one of the main two defenders it would help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back