List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fine. Keep him next year. We’ll pick him up for free in 2021 if he gets back to playing senior football. He is a 30 year old player who sadly has mental health issues. It’s a terrible situation, but i don’t think Geelong are going to sell their future after what happened with Mitch Clark.
I think the club's will find middle ground and get Jack to where he wants to go. We won't be getting a first round pick for him. 36 seems like too much of a steal. We'll have to see what else you end up with in the trade period but I'd be surprised if we can't work it out.

Fortunately, we aren't negotiating with Geelong nuffies who don't think a player is any good until they get in the door at bogan park.

The Geelong hierarchy on the other hand are respected as good to deal with so I'd expect any trade involving Stuv to be pretty equal for both sides.
What do you think Geelong will give up for him?

I think the club's will find middle ground and get Jack to where he wants to go. We won't be getting a first round pick for him. 36 seems like too much of a steal. We'll have to see what else you end up with in the trade period but I'd be surprised if we can't work it out.
A very sensible post.

Imo delivery issues won't change for simple reason... Under pressure our mids can't cope or aren't good enough.

You are spot on when you say we need good users and better skilled players.

The inconsistencies based on who our opponents are tell me it's a player issue.
I mainly watch on tv and I can never understand where our wingers actually are - they never appear to be flanking the contest to receive a handball out of the pack

What do you think Geelong will give up for him?
Honestly, I think a lot depends on what happens with Kelly. If Kelly goes, you will be holding a number of valuable trade chips and (given you are in the window) will be more inclined to translate at least one of the 3 or 4 first rounders you hold into someone you can plug and play. If Kelly stays, you want / need for Steven lessens significantly.

Giving up your first is one thing. Giving up pick 18ish when you also hold pick 10ish and two x 2019 first rounders (and have just lost you quickest mid) is another completely.

Personally I think it is 16-18 straight up IF Kelly leaves and you get some version of 2 firsts for him. Particularly as we can offer to pay a significant portion of his contract (player + $$).

If Kelly stays then IMO its more some combination of Constable and / or some first or second round pick swaps.

Something like Stuv + our 2020 second (25ish) for your 2020 first and your 2019 second (34ish) or Constable (just using him as the media are)

Can play around with the weighting a little (again depends on how much of his contract you want us to eat), but unfortunately for us I think that is about we can expect.

Last edited:
A very sensible post.

You only consider it sensible because Birdy believes Jack's condition lowers his value.

Many of us believe that when (and we all hope it is when) Jack is back to health, he is an absolute star.

A star who's value is akin to Beams.

Your first pick & Constable for Jack and our 2020 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s fine. Keep him next year. We’ll pick him up for free in 2021 if he gets back to playing senior football. He is a 30 year old player who sadly has mental health issues. It’s a terrible situation, but i don’t think Geelong are going to sell their future after what happened with Mitch Clark.

Ah, but you are wrong. The Cats cannot afford to wait. If the Cats were thinking "future", they would not be thinking Steven at all. They are thinking Premiership in the very short-term.

This year and next year are their year's to have a crack. After that their aging list will become a real problem. As it stands their list has 10 players who will be 29 or older when next season starts. Ablett and Taylor will be gone. Hawkins are Selwood would both be 33. Danger will be 31 and past his best etc etc

The Cats will want Steven in 2020 in order to have one last crack at a flag.

Need a hug mate?

The request for a trade was common knowledge.

The crap was more to do with predictions of a mass walk out if Richo wasn't sacked.
So we told you about the Steven news and told you the rest. But 12 months ago we were wrong on both accounts and now just wrong on 1?

Cmon mate, good chance we might have very well have been right. It doesn’t have to play out the way we hear it for us to be wrong. At that very moment we were 100% right. Jack asked for a trade Richo said no. Who says Billings and the rest never asked to leave?

Your a smart guy. I’ll let you think

You only consider it sensible because Birdy believes Jack's condition lowers his value.

Many of us believe that when (and we all hope it is when) Jack is back to health, he is an absolute star.

Freos first pick this year thank you very much.

So we told you about the Steven news and told you the rest. But 12 months ago we were wrong on both accounts and now just wrong on 1?

Cmon mate, good chance we might have very well have been right. It doesn’t have to play out the way we hear it for us to be wrong. At that very moment we were 100% right. Jack asked for a trade Richo said no. Who says Billings and the rest never asked to leave?

He wanted out so much he goes and signs a 3 year contract.

Keep trying mate.

Sorry for the intrusion but thought you’d like to know (if you guys don’t already,)but saints heavily into Josh Jenkins,have been for awhile now.
The coach has now addressed this rumour

2132dfr.jpg

He’s contracted and they’ll need us to eat some of his contract that adds plenty to what he’ll cost imo.

I've got no issue with you.

A few of us, myself included pass on what we hear, which is great.

Can't speak for others but I honestly don't care if people listen or reckon I'm full of shit.

So when people come back, and you didn't raise it, to prove they were right or wrong, I question the motive for sharing the info because it comes across as attention seeking.

Once again, no problem with you because you didn't come back saying I told you so.

But if we put out rumours or info, expect to be questioned on it. In this instance you were correct.

However it was inferred that he wanted out because of Richo when it Now seems it was for personal reasons.

The inference at the time was a club in crises, a frank exit interview and Stuv wanting a trade because if Richo... As did other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back