List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, usually you bulk up on the draft and then start to trade in the cream but we have done neither quite right. So far our best players are all from the draft or rookie draft.
Resign yourself to the fact that Rebuild 1.0 was a failure. Lee, Hickey, Longer, McCartin, et al all wasted. Ross, Dunstan, Acres, Newnes, Billings, Webster et al not good enough.

Back in the kids (Under 23's) with some help from the older crew and the new imports. These new kids will have a better chance at success than the rebuild 1.0 crew.

no it doesnt ... if Longer wasnt a potato he would have playerd in 2019 and the structure would have changed .. its not 1980s footy no player is locked into one sole position ... if we pick up ryder he is taking the spot of the ruckman who can play forward now this is something we hoped Longer could have done but he was usless so he was playing VFL before being injured and delisted losing Bruce means we will move the structure around possibly adding King maybe throwing Battle into the forward line maybe running a mosquito fleet or switching Ryder and Marshall through the forward line ...
the issue is we got a heap of forward entries this year (the equal to WCE) yet we failed to score so not changing things up in a failing disfunctional forward line and expecting it to suddenly work is madness ... yes we need mids but again our mids got it forward enough but we didnt kick the score ... changing the dynamic and having a quality ruck to compliment Marshall is a big plus for us ... but he isnt replacing Bruce ...
If it was 80’s footy Ryder would be a good option but how ever you spin it Ryder and Marshall when they swap from ruck to forward are replacing Bruce. Our best player and ruck is Marshall so he will play 80% ruck which leaves Ryder 80% forward unless we are back in the 80’s and we play one on the bench maybe wce can afford to do that but we can’t. We need those spots for our running players. We need to change the forward line but replacing Bruce with Ryder and on small occasions Marshall doesn’t make us stronger. It makes the forward line worse because we lose our best contested mark and our second leading goal kicker.

surely turning 5 & Bruce & Newnes into Hill & Bing (plus Ryder) is a win? gringo2011 ?

How are you doing that anyway? If I said I could turn Bruce, Newnes and pick 5 into a Fyfe and Dangerfield would it interest you? Bing doesn't seem like a priority to me and he's not going to get shaken loose with out massively over paying. It would cost us 5, next years first and Freo want 5 as well so Bruce and Stuv and Newnes might get it done but they'll play hard ball. Ryder and Jones would have to come from somewhere as well. Ryder again isn't the right player but he's coming so it is what it is.

Resign yourself to the fact that Rebuild 1.0 was a failure. Lee, Hickey, Longer, McCartin, et al all wasted. Ross, Dunstan, Acres, Newnes, Billings, Webster et al not good enough.

Back in the kids (Under 23's) with some help from the older crew and the new imports. These new kids will have a better chance at success than the rebuild 1.0 crew.

I have resigned myself to that. We will have about players 3 left from 6 years ago. We have rebuilt that rebuild and we are rebuilding the next one.

After this season we should have 14 out of 37 left from 3 years ago. We are in a rebuild of the rebuild of the rebuild. Watters list was thrown away and started again. We rebuilt under Richo, then started a new one under Richo and now we are doing it again.

Not if Ryder plays forward. He is certainly replacing Bruce then.

Why do the trade ins need to be replacements for the existing setup?

We've been actually and practically bottom 4 the last 2 years with the current setup....on the back of missing finals the previous 6 years before that.

We aren't exactly fine tuning a well oiled machine this off-season, swapping out one part for another...
we're doing a major overhaul.

It's of little use to plug the trade in's into the old setup- they don't fit.

That's the whole point

It's funny but this time last year people wanted Bruce traded for a bag of chips and now people are saying we could get a first round pick for him because he is contracted. - how things can change.
Same goes as with Marshall , the guy was a borderline player and now he is arguably our best player.

People on here are idiots, you know that by now. They think every time we do anything it's a win despite very little evidence of success.

to be fair Freo didnt put much work into him ... the following week Carlton put some work into him and he was average ... the week after Sydney put work into him and he was woeful ...

they did, but they had blakely on him. who has serious issues with the defencive side of his game.

EDIT: maybe ya right. they put their worst defender on him.

Why do the trade ins need to be replacements for the existing setup?

We've been actually and practically bottom 4 the last 2 years with the current setup....on the back of missing finals the previous 6 years before that.

We aren't exactly fine tuning a well oiled machine this off-season, swapping out one part for another...
we're doing a major overhaul.

It's of little use to plug the trade in's into the old setup- they don't fit.

That's the whole point
Based on that let’s get rid of any player on the list no matter how old and get older players in because we were no good previously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall played on average about 85% TOG this season. So you think Marshall and Ryder would both probably spend about 50% in the ruck (with Marshall proabably leaning more into the ruck), 35% forward and 15% bench. If Membrey and King also both spent 15% of the game on the bench, it means you would have two marking forwards on the ground at all times and three on the ground about 40% of the game.

Suns are going to get a priority pick at pick 2 it would seem, so pick 6 for Hill and something back is less of a unfair deal than pick 5.

Are we just throwing away players after one year these days. Good idea don't even keep them to start trading them. We should see if we can draft players and immediately trade them this year. Long, Parker and Paton would get us less than we paid for any of them and are best 22. We are a dumb arse club.

I would think that now Bruce will go other than Steven & Newnes everyone else stays ( my opinion )

"Leaders"? Pah! Maybe stats leaders. If either of those two bros had an ounce of leadership, we wouldn't have floundered so much in the last 8 years. Nice fellas, don't get me wrong, but we f’ed up putting either of them in the leadership group... Then again, who else could we have used? For me, both symbolise the genial rather than ultra competitive side of the club.

Yeah because a leader turns turds into nuggets.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back