List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would we look at a player swap for Steven more favourable ?

Apparently we went cold. I think we are hoping to use the pick they give us along with something else for Jones.

If it was 80’s footy Ryder would be a good option but how ever you spin it Ryder and Marshall when they swap from ruck to forward are replacing Bruce. Our best player and ruck is Marshall so he will play 80% ruck which leaves Ryder 80% forward unless we are back in the 80’s and we play one on the bench maybe wce can afford to do that but we can’t. We need those spots for our running players. We need to change the forward line but replacing Bruce with Ryder and on small occasions Marshall doesn’t make us stronger. It makes the forward line worse because we lose our best contested mark and our second leading goal kicker.
I'll be surprised if Ryder plays all year. I think we'll just play him when we need him or if it happens to work really well.

King and Battle will replace Bruce IMO if we get Keath.

I just can't see us sticking with Battle back if we get him in.

The news of having Roberton able to play would knock the trade for Keath on the head because we do have a lot of depth in the back line with Carlisle , Wilkie , Battle , Marsh , Austin , Clavarino , Joyce and a fit Roberton.
Roberton showed this year he had lost none of his touch before breaking down again , so if he can get his heart condition under control we will have a top grade backman back into the lineup.
Allowing us to move Battle forward , which gives us greater option's

This is a rough team with players available - and remember you can position the players anywhere you want , I'm only filling a 22.
Webster - Wilkie - Geary
Roberton
- Carlisle - Hunter Clark
B.Hill - Steele - J.Billings
Long - Battle - Z.Jones
Gresham - Membery - M.King

Marshall / Ross / Hannabery

Ryder
- Coffield - Acres - Bytel

This team if fit will make us more than competitive - 10 of these players played less than half a season for us or never played at all , so basically a totally different line up.

I have not named Bruce , Newnes or Steven because I don't have a clue if they are staying or going.

I also expect Dunstan , Kent , Lonie , Paton , Clavarino , Austin , Savage , Parker , Mayo , Hind , Sinclair , Langlands , McKenzie , Marsh all being rotated through the best 22 at times.

Geelong have pick 17 and 35 which they could use on Steven or could they throw us Constable.

Dogs have pick 13 and 31 which they could use on Bruce
That full back line has put me into a cold shivering sweat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was 80’s footy Ryder would be a good option but how ever you spin it Ryder and Marshall when they swap from ruck to forward are replacing Bruce. Our best player and ruck is Marshall so he will play 80% ruck which leaves Ryder 80% forward unless we are back in the 80’s and we play one on the bench maybe wce can afford to do that but we can’t. We need those spots for our running players. We need to change the forward line but replacing Bruce with Ryder and on small occasions Marshall doesn’t make us stronger. It makes the forward line worse because we lose our best contested mark and our second leading goal kicker.
firstly you have no idea on the % of time we plan on playing Marshall forward nor do we have any idea of how much we play Ryder forward , this is just a guess on you behalf ... we all know that our ruck stocks are dull in 2019, heck the first two delisted were dud rucks so if we delist two rucks and bring in one decent ruck you see this as a bad thing ? on ruck work alone Ryder has Marshall beat so why do you think Ryder is going to be the one pushed forward ? especially when Marshall has shown he is more than comfortable and more than capable of being forward more... if we have two blokes who can ruck and who can play forward why would you have one play 80% in one position ? surely you would run it 50/50 split and let the game dictate on form who you settle where for longer stretches of the game ...
we copy trends we are always going to be behind the pack Ryder as a competent ruck and workable forward adds a dimension we havent had in our team , it means no Acres rucking, no Bruce rucking, no Jake rucking it means every ruck contest we have a capable ruckman the impact of that alone strengthens our midfield and that has a flow on effect to our forward entries ... if we dont trade bruce then Ryder and Marshall would still get a game as MArshall is versitile enough to play around the ground so trading Bruce is a secondary movment to get a draft pick for something else we are not trading Bruce for Ryder to take his spot .... Ryder takes longers spot in the team but unlike Longer Ryder becomes an option to play AFL every week

firstly you have no idea on the % of time we plan on playing Marshall forward nor do we have any idea of how much we play Ryder forward , this is just a guess on you behalf ... we all know that our ruck stocks are dull in 2019, heck the first two delisted were dud rucks so if we delist two rucks and bring in one decent ruck you see this as a bad thing ? on ruck work alone Ryder has Marshall beat so why do you think Ryder is going to be the one pushed forward ? especially when Marshall has shown he is more than comfortable and more than capable of being forward more... if we have two blokes who can ruck and who can play forward why would you have one play 80% in one position ? surely you would run it 50/50 split and let the game dictate on form who you settle where for longer stretches of the game ...
we copy trends we are always going to be behind the pack Ryder as a competent ruck and workable forward adds a dimension we havent had in our team , it means no Acres rucking, no Bruce rucking, no Jake rucking it means every ruck contest we have a capable ruckman the impact of that alone strengthens our midfield and that has a flow on effect to our forward entries ... if we dont trade bruce then Ryder and Marshall would still get a game as MArshall is versitile enough to play around the ground so trading Bruce is a secondary movment to get a draft pick for something else we are not trading Bruce for Ryder to take his spot .... Ryder takes longers spot in the team but unlike Longer Ryder becomes an option to play AFL every week

It's the age and profile I don't think is right. We should have a semi developed ruck and give Marshall every chance to become a Grundy.

Of course I have no idea but neither do you with your reasoning. Going to be a quiet place if we need facts. I don’t know what games you have been watching but the fact is Marshall was nearly our best and fairest as a ruck and nothing as a forward. Whilst he maybe good at it you have already told me offfor guessing yet you just did.

As for getting another ruck I’ve never said we shouldn’t. We should get 2. Just don’t play them unless Marshall is injured.

It's the age and profile I don't think is right. We should have a semi developed ruck and give Marshall every chance to become a Grundy.
I look at it as the chance to give Marshall the opportunity of becoming more than a Reg Grundy! Where Marshall can provide a real point of difference is in a
Ruckman that can push forward and kick goals, which will always be the perfect scenario, seeing that kicking goals is something we clearly struggle at!

Plus age profile can be very overrated in my view. Ideally you want a nice mix of young with the old! And there can be no denying
We need as much experience as possible out there with such a young list!

I think we have talent but little experienced older players to carry the bulk load. If we come good it's because we have few injuries and a very easy draw. The better players are very young and most don't start to settle until around 50 games. I think without Bruce we are probably going backwards in the short term. If we get 23 games of quality from Hanners and King comes on quick you never know but it would be against history.
Add in geary, Webster, roberton, Hannebery, Ryder, Jones and hill.

That’s a best case scenario with Hannebery and roberton but if you can believe the reports that’s seven experienced and talented players that we either didn’t have or had limited games from. Put our young talent in next to these guys and we’re a competitive team. Heading out bruce who gave us a pretty good year and Steven who produced a couple of cameos and that’s it.

There could be others joining us like Keath but with a decent game plan and coach I really like our chances with what will again be a reasonably easy draw.

Or maybe and more likely he was bloody sore. Doubt freo didn’t put work into him. It isn’t school footy.
his direct opponent in the Freo game spent more time trying to play off Steven because looking at him his form from the outset was looking to be below average ... the issue is Stuv looked worse than he was so he carved up ... the following games the teams were not going to fall for that mistake and made him accountable and he fell into a whole .. so yes being sore was a factor but had Freo put the normal hard defence on him they would have made him look average as well

If Crouch moves to GC it must be for $1.2m+ per year over 5+ years, he wouldn't go up there for less. That could help us with Ben King. If BKing has a good season next year they will have less money to offer him.

It’s for 650k for 5 years. Why? Saints had 800k for 5 years. Who now, his bro, Ollie Wines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back