List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you don’t know the first thing about leadership in a football environment. Can’t speak for Ryder but to suggest Hannebery lacks leadership because he might enjoy drug taking (at least be man enough to be direct with your accusations) is just totally stupid.
When those involved at the Saints continually talk up what Hanners brings to the club with his style of leadership, it completely trumps your suggestion that he’s lacking in that department.
Sounds like you like to be smart ass and put people down , if you read what i said , it was on and off the field , i have never doubted him on the field so you can back up up with your high and mighty comments . As for being man enough ,,,,,, Really mate , i will try harder next time just for you

No doubt when the Cats speak to Jack and his management it’s all “we’d just love to have you at the club Elvis you hunka hunka King Of Lorne”.

Whilst when they talk to us it’s just “we’ll take that old Keith Richards off your hands if you pay for his drugs and rehab and you also chuck in all his royalties”

View attachment 756454
You forgot the Dart Doc

Being at successful clubs definitely means you can bring more to a struggling club. I think despite not being a premiership team, Roo was involved at a successful club. I also think it would be harder to find a spot I leadership group at a quality club than it would at a cellar dweller don't you agree?

The point though, was that these guys were part of the leadership group. The question was, what makes you think they are good leaders?

Obviously Longmire and Clarkson think they good leaders.

I don't think we should go after Smith by the way, but there's evidence there he is a good leader.
I agree with most , not all though ;)

I was under the impression Dogs had offered Bruce that deal and when Bruce went to the club with that deal to try and extend his own deal, the club said they weren't willing to extend him this year and would need to wait until next year before we are willing to start discussions rather than us saying he won't be offered a new contract at all.
this..

Still poo
We're also bringing in Hill.

We'll have a better list at the end of the trade period if we bring all of them in and only lose Bruce and Steven.

Bruce is important to our structures but he's not a star. If King can do a Hogan and have a first season like he did we'll have lost nothing.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’re right. I think Bell may have reflected on last year and matured in his role.

My impression was Bell’s language seemed to be crafted around the words “very good deal”. Freo might be flexible to accept various options that we propose.
Bell is looking at his next career step up at Freo... you cant be CEO of the club and act like Doro with small man-itis

I could have sworn when this whole thing started that we were the ones shopping him around and then the bulldogs came knocking. It would make more sense that the dogs came first but honestly its all just speculation really. The only people who know for sure were in the room.

It comes down to emphasis and who starts talking.

Time lines are tough on this, the attitude of the club in the last couple of years (after previously going all out to re-sign young talent) has been that any player wanting a new contract needs to have a look and see what they're worth on the open market, until we know what Bruce's manager has tried to negotiate with the club and when, then all the reports are out of context and can be a portion of the truth.

It could easily be, manager goes to club start of year and asks to start negotiations, Saints offering big $ to all and sundry, manager feels that Josh should get a piece of the pie.

Club not keen to commit, says "have a look around", manager does exactly that and by mid year break, he's had interest from list managers from Collingwood (who were keen the previous year but spent their first round on Beams), Suns and Dogs all of whom put ball park figure out there, Dogs are the best numbers and the keenest; Dogs to start "what if" talks at mid year break and Saints talk to Pies and Suns effectively shopping him around to see what we can get for him and how strong that interest really is.

Exit interview with Josh, (not his manager) cards on the table, club says you're contracted and we'd like you to stay but the offers you've had we won't match they value you more than we do. Let's chat around a bit and see what we can all come up with, numbers start to firm up, a bit of soul searching on both sides, Saints have more to consider than just Josh, need a lot of things to fall in place and are given tacit agreement on players coming in. Ryder commits and momentum swings, we still want to keep Josh but Pandora's Box has been opened, Josh looking at 4 years on better coin.

I was under the impression Dogs had offered Bruce that deal and when Bruce went to the club with that deal to try and extend his own deal, the club said they weren't willing to extend him this year and would need to wait until next year before we are willing to start discussions rather than us saying he won't be offered a new contract at all.
Correct Brut , why extend his contract when he has a year to run - these papers do anything to make a headline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell is looking at his next career step up at Freo... you cant be CEO of the club and act like Doro with small man-itis

Any grandstanding will just be to make it look like he is getting the best deal for the club.

Bell and the club have to have already spoken, I am pretty sure an agreement is close and the deal will get done fairly easily.

Still poo

Yes but the large part of that is us getting bugger all back for losing jack steven.

That is going to happen no matter what though because of factors outside our control.
So it's all about making the best of a bad situation.

Ryder is basically for free by all accounts- pick 60 or something so we can remove him from the equation entirely.

Bruce and steven for gray and jones?

Very meh, but if we are committed to a future that doesn't include bruce (ie we are mega confident in getting ben king), then we lose any power we have in driving a hard bargain for him.
Because we simply don't want to keep him.

We can only play hardball on bruce if we were genuinely happy to keep him (which we evidentally aren't).

Therefore, like with steven- it's a case of making the best of the situation.

I think jones and gray are ho-hum in's... but they are best 22 and young enough to still improve.

Once you accept the reality that there IS no option where bruce and steven stay... it makes the ho-hum in's like gray and jones far more palatable.

Any grandstanding will just be to make it look like he is getting the best deal for the club.

Bell and the club have to have already spoken, I am pretty sure an agreement is close and the deal will get done fairly easily.
i can tell you with out any doubt last year Bell didnt win many fans around the clubs ... he came off as amaturish and was laughed off... he wants to be a CEO of the club he needs to understand reputation among other clubs means a lot ... you can be a grandstanding flog if your only ambition is to be a list manager , thats their job to be arrogant flogs and push theiir clubs agenda heavily to get the best deal out of trades .. but as a CEO you need to show a bit more tact and be a tad more moderate in the way you come across .... thats why Bell is mellowed down he is positioning for the next role ...

that said i reckon the trade details for Hill have been in works for months now everyone is just waiting on the dust to settle on a few other moves before it will be done

Ok let’s go on the journey
Whitfield to the saints any chance...Guby Allan right into him I imagine...will GWS go early before he is a free agent this year. He is much needed on our list and would be a very good pickup in terms of class around the footy and would make Billings a much better player..if it isn’t Bing this year why not go for Lachie...?? I know GwS have been into Gresham for years now...would we consider a Gresham trade for Whitfield..? I wouldn’t but a few pages back Moorabbin Ghost suggested he wasn’t as untouchable as we assume..?

Ok let’s go on the journey
Whitfield to the saints any chance...Guby Allan right into him I imagine...will GWS go early before he is a free agent this year. He is much needed on our list and would be a very good pickup in terms of class around the footy and would make Billings a much better player..if it isn’t Bing this year why not go for Lachie...?? I know GwS have been into Gresham for years now...would we consider a Gresham trade for Whitfield..? I wouldn’t but a few pages back Moorabbin Ghost suggested he wasn’t as untouchable as we assume..?
J Cameron. That’s why we’re letting Bruce go

*i am completely making this up

I would try Carlilsle for Bing at the end of next year with some steak knives added.
They are going to need to be some bloody good knives , have a feeling jake wont be worth bugger all come years end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back