List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we've managed to fu** up this Bruce trade a little. You would think the best way to go would be to shop him around and see if we can get a decent pick for him instead of telling him to look for another club as we won't extend his contract.

Can see how why the media are suggesting pick 30.
I'm hearing we told him he wouldn't be getting another contract, wtf is that? He's no superstar but he's a quality player plenty of clubs would be happy have.

I’m happy with that....as long as the Bulldogs’ offer reflects the large money / contract they are offering us for a contracted player too.

100%
Bruce is contracted
Steven is contracted.

How come it doesn’t go both ways with these things?

Freo empathetic to Hill’s personal circumstances but still demand a top pick.

Saints on the other hand will accept pick 50 AND pay Steven’s salary?!?

Stuff the media, that’s such a joke

Peter Bell said Freo are empathetic to Brad Hill’s personal circumstances, but he is contracted and the onus is on St Kilda to negotiate a “satisfactory deal”. He expects Saints offer will reflect the large contract offered to him.
Sounds like this deal is pretty much worked out and will be done pretty easily.

Sounds like we've managed to fu** up this Bruce trade a little. You would think the best way to go would be to shop him around and see if we can get a decent pick for him instead of telling him to look for another club as we won't extend his contract.

Can see how why the media are suggesting pick 30.
So we told Bruce we wouldn’t give him a new deal and the dogs said they would offer him huge coin within 47 hours?

I think we can all read in between the media story. They came with a huge offer and we said we wouldn’t match that as more realistic and inline with what I heard.

So we told Bruce we wouldn’t give him a new deal and the dogs said they would offer him huge coin within 47 hours?

I think we can all read in between the media story. They came with a huge offer and we said we wouldn’t match that as more realistic and inline with what I heard.
That was my impression too.
A player like Bruce doesn't get offered a 4 year deal on 700k plus if he is the one going to the dogs asking for a contract. Thats a big deal used to lure a player across.

We should be saying exactly the same thing Peter Bell just said to us; to WB - we'd love for Brucey to take the significant financial opportunity in front of him; but the onus is on WB to offer an attractive deal to us.

BTW does anyone know what the AFL's secret magical compensation formula is? What does 700k x 4 for a 27 year old get?

We should be saying exactly the same thing Peter Bell just said to us; to WB - we'd love for Brucey to take the significant financial opportunity in front of him; but the onus is on WB to offer an attractive deal to us.

BTW does anyone know what the AFL's secret magical compensation formula is? What does 700k x 4 for a 27 year old get?
Would be band 2 (end of first round) at worst.

Shawshank Redemption....hope can kill a man in here.
GCS with Anderson and Rowell Lukosious and a fit Rankine plus a couple of GOF may make them more competitive and have some momentum may make Ben King consider staying.
Act now Saints.
I would pay an early first and an early second or GOPlayer.

Pick 6 for Hill and 26
Bruce for 13
Next year first, Sinclair and 13 for King and pick 20.

26 for Jones....as Jones in effect replaces Sinclair in top 22.

Pay some of Stuvs salary get Cats pick 24 otherwise no deal.

Take 20 to draft

Yeah, I agree - if the club was shopping him around look to off load him, then fair enough that irrespective of what happens the player remains on the same coin, but, if it's the player that wants to move on and go to a specific club, then that's on the player. Why should the club have to play a part in supporting a salary when it's the player that effectively wants to break the agreement?

I hope for everyone it gets sorted out and I'm sure it will, hoping that means we're not carrying the salary because that means we could get Hill in and still have mega dollars for a top 3 or 5 player.

If its a third rounder, i'm happy to go to Jack and say...here jack, lets tear up the contract. Go do whatever you want.

Bell said nothing had been specifically proposed at this stage. But he said Freo expected a very good deal.
I just listened and he seemed a lot more mellow than last year when he was yelling about Neale and the position he publicly took in the Hogan deal.
Looks like good signs all round.

Hope you are right Stav.

I reckon we'll know when we see what he's traded for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone listening to TR? According to Del we told Bruce at his exit meeting that he should look elsewhere to extend his career as we didn't plan on offering him another contract in 12 months time
Lol gonna be hard to argue for pick 12 now.

Hoping we hold firm but everything is pointing to us selling him at a bargain basement price with no replacement

I think GC still lose unfortunately. They really need those guys to stick around.

It'd be like us losing Gresham for a future first in a year or two time.

I don't get why the AFL doesn't enact an out of salary cap bonus system where by the talent up there gets a bonus if they see out their contract and resign/retire. Rather than throwing picks at it and hope they stay.

Like tackle the problem not the symptom.
Yeah, cant understand the throwing picks at them. In a way it can be good for us because wed have a better chance of trading Anderson in a couple of years than if he went to Melbourne. But giving them all these draft picks seems pretty stupid. I think somehow encouraging some older good players to want to go there is also a good way for them to build a good culture and also strengthen there team

Because both Hanners and Smith have been part of leadership groups at successful clubs?

Why would you have guys in leadership roles if you didn't think they were leaders?
Im not sure because they were at successful clubs that makes them a better leader , are you saying Roo wasn't a great leader because we never won a flag.
A leader is someone who leeds on and off the field , we all know of the hanners rumors and im not sure if thats what the young blokes need to be looking up too and Hanners was in our leadership group until the club realized they made a blunder and then came out with all the bullsh1t excuses why he wasnt in the group anymore

I just listened and he seemed a lot more mellow than last year when he was yelling about Neale and the position he publicly took in the Hogan deal.
Looks like good signs all round.

You’re right. I think Bell may have reflected on last year and matured in his role.

My impression was Bell’s language seemed to be crafted around the words “very good deal”. Freo might be flexible to accept various options that we propose.

Barrett says Saints are open to a future without Jack Steven(s) and will need to 'get their head around' paying some of his contract because Geelong can't afford it.
Oh PLEASE can we sell our best player to Geelong and pay his wage for a 3rd round pick??
No doubt when the Cats speak to Jack and his management it’s all “we’d just love to have you at the club Elvis you hunka hunka King Of Lorne”.

Whilst when they talk to us it’s just “we’ll take that old Keith Richards off your hands if you pay for his drugs and rehab and you also chuck in all his royalties”

Steven for pick 54. According to trade radio. I feel like we just got sent to the cleaners.

If this includes paying his salary, then this is seriously pitchforks and torches time....are we just roadkill waiting for the vultures now??

Bruce isn't a free agent next year (only had 7 years service at the Saints instead of the required 8). Saints would need to extend by 1 year, then he'd enter free agency as a 29 year old in 2021

Assuming he was a FA right now, it would be somewhere around Band 2 (end of 1st round) but the formula is inconsistent at best. AFL could easily spin it into Band 1 or Band 3 depending on how they're feeling on the day

Im not sure because they were at successful clubs that makes them a better leader , are you saying Roo wasn't a great leader because we never won a flag.
A leader is someone who leeds on and off the field , we all know of the hanners rumors and im not sure if thats what the young blokes need to be looking up too and Hanners was in our leadership group until the club realized they made a blunder and then came out with all the bullsh1t excuses why he wasnt in the group anymore
Being at successful clubs definitely means you can bring more to a struggling club. I think despite not being a premiership team, Roo was involved at a successful club. I also think it would be harder to find a spot I leadership group at a quality club than it would at a cellar dweller don't you agree?

The point though, was that these guys were part of the leadership group. The question was, what makes you think they are good leaders?

Obviously Longmire and Clarkson think they good leaders.

I don't think we should go after Smith by the way, but there's evidence there he is a good leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back